Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe China New Frame Revealed "nezha"? (Update) [Megathread]

DonGucciRice

Wukong, IS Wukong. He isn't the staff-frame, he isn't the cloud-rider frame. He is the Wukong frame.

See where I'm getting at?

Basically you're saying that the idea seems too copy-paste of a VERY niche idea compared to the rest of Warframes which have a broader range to them and could be applied to a number of characters or ideas, whereas Wukong is JUST Wukong.

Basically you're saying that the idea seems too copy-paste of a VERY niche idea compared to the rest of Warframes which have a broader range to them and could be applied to a number of characters or ideas, whereas Wukong is JUST Wukong.

Yes.

By all means, enjoy the frame. I will too - I think he's one of the best looking and most fun looking (in terms of gameplay) frames to date. But he makes no sense at all.

Same with this new chap - looks fantastic, and while I can't wait to try him out for myself, chances are he will be entirely related to Nehza, and have abilities relating to having multiple arms and a spear. Calling it now. He will be what he's called.

Edited by IANOBW

Yes.

By all means, enjoy the frame. I will too - I think he;s one of the best looking and most fun looking frames to date. But he makes no sense at all.

For me it's a simple matter of how the Orokin designed the Warframe, and for this one in particular (and potentially Nezha, that remains to be seen) they chose to take a direct reference from Chinese literature/mythology during its creation. The Void didn't randomly give it these very Wukong-related powers to a Tenno, the Orokin put these very specific kinds of powers into the Warframe because they were using Wukong as the inspiration for it - and then, of course, its powers were enhanced by the reality-warping Void energies the Tenno have innately.

But I'll be disagreed with, for sure.

Edited by Morec0

For me it's a simple matter of how the Orokin designed the Warframe, and for this one in particular (and potentially Nezha, that remains to be seen) they chose to take a direct reference from Chinese literature/mythology during its creation. The Void didn't randomly give it these very Wukong-related powers to a Tenno, the Orokin put these very specific kinds of powers into the Warframe because they were using Wukong as the inspiration for it - and then, of course, its powers were enhanced by the reality-warping Void energies the Tenno have innately.

But I'll be disagreed with, for sure.

From what I gather, the Zariman children had those powers from the void. Then they were given frames by the Orokin (it is stated that the Orokin shaped them according to their "affliction"), corresponding to their abilities (then those bodies+frames were cloned for more Tenno to use them).

Of course, if this was the case, the children emerged from the void fire breathing, sword wielding, acid spraying, electrically charged, iron-skinned...

...and one kid walked out as Sun Wukong.

hmm... bugs me a little that all the China First frames so far have been males. but then china has its weird gender priorites and the problems that bring with it.

It is a completely different culture. Different views, different mindset.

Of course, when you can relate your history for the last 3000 years or so to the modern day, things are GOING to be a bit different.

From what I gather, the Zariman children had those powers from the void. Then they were given frames by the Orokin (it is stated that the Orokin shaped them according to their "affliction"), corresponding to their abilities (then those bodies+frames were cloned for more Tenno to use them).

Of course, if this was the case, the children emerged from the void fire breathing, sword wielding, acid spraying, electrically charged, iron-skinned...

STRANGER things HAVE happened. In reality, let alone video games.

I am waiting for a Greek God warframe myself. You KNOW it is coming. Just hope it is Athena and not Zeus. (He was a creep)

Edited by Kalenath

Chroma is based off of dragons, a very broad concept. Nothing wrong with it.

We don't know much about the Archer-frame, but it's based off of archers. Again, a broad concept (I mean, its not like we already have a swordsman).

Mesa is based off of Western Gunslingers. She is a gunslinger with design influence from said concept. Thank God, she isn't actually called "Calamity" or "Jane".

Wukong, IS Wukong. He isn't the staff-frame, he isn't the cloud-rider frame. He is the Wukong frame.

The void created a dragon, the void created a ninja who even summons his own shurikens, the void created Robyn Hood, the void created a cow girl.

A warframe who can hide in a cloud(cuz that is so not like hiding in smoke) AND has a staff thats no more out of line from frame specfic weapons like guns or a bow, OUTRAGEOUS!

Edited by UrielColtan

It is a completely different culture. Different views, different mindset.

Of course, when you can relate your history for the last 3000 years or so to the modern day, things are GOING to be a bit different.

STRANGER things HAVE happened. In reality, let alone video games.

I am waiting for a Greek God warframe myself. You KNOW it is coming. Just hope it is Athena and not Zeus. (He was a creep)

Athena turned Medusa into a Gorgon after she got raped. She isn`t so pious. Most of the Greek gods are dbags. Edited by UrielColtan

Chroma is based off of dragons, a very broad concept. Nothing wrong with it.

We don't know much about the Archer-frame, but it's based off of archers. Again, a broad concept (I mean, its not like we already have a swordsman).

Mesa is based off of Western Gunslingers. She is a gunslinger with design influence from said concept. Thank God, she isn't actually called "Calamity" or "Jane".

I'll add to this that for all those other warframes their powers thematically correlate and make sense for the most part.

Most of Chroma's abilities make use of elements which fit into his trait of multiple elements in one, Mesa has her kit focus exclusively around gun usage wether it's to enchance her own or make the enemies' worse.

Wukong has those abilities just becuse he's wukong, but between each other the abilities just seem stapled together and nothing else, no thematic correlation or resemblance whatsoever.

Edited by RahuHordika

It said they were a conduit for their affliction, nothing shaped "according to", and so it may be more generic than that.

I think the "affliction" was the twisted by the Void energies, and the Warframes were designed to channel and funnel those energies in ways. Channeling. Double Jump. Bullet Jump. Aim Glide. All these things that shouldn't be physically possible, made possible by the reality-warping energies of the Void, of the place where "our science and reason failed".

Note how when you do ANY of those things, you Warframe lights up, glows with energy like their channeling.

Later the Orokin would be working on other projects - one of them being work with the Infestation - in order to combat the Sentients. A man named Davis had a theory to combine the Infested monsters they were working with and ones from the Zariman but knew he'd never get permission to try, "they never would have believed me", and so had to pull a little stunt to test his theory out.

Enter Rhino Prime codex and whatever happens in there, and he was right.

Thus the Tenno as we knew them began, and more and more creatures - now redesigned to fit the more specific purpose of armor for "the ones from the Zariman" and called Warframes - were put into mass production. New designs were made, new concepts were turned into Warframe - be they gunslinger, dragon, or Wukong.

But it's just a theory based on my interpretations, and Second Dream will tell us for sure. It can't get here soon enough.

Edited by Morec0

Athena created Medusa after she got raped. She isn`t so pious. Most of the Greek gods are dbags.

Umm... And how was THAT Athena's fault?

Yes, she wasn't a 'good' being as we define it today. NONE of the Greek Gods were decent sorts by today's standards. Her treatment of Arachne was just.. eeew. The ONLY good thing I remember her doing from Mythology class was helping Odysseus get home to slaughter people who had come to his house to try and make free with his wife and lands after he was supposedly killed.

I WOULD like to see a female warrior type with spear and shield. That is actually an image from several cultures.

Edited by Kalenath

Confusing wording but I dont mean that Athena got raped, I`m saying that pre Gorgon mMdusa got raped in Athenas temple, so she punished her by turning her into a Gorgon.

Ah, yes. Athena was... not a nice person. No. NONE of them were. (although... turning Medusa into a Gorgon DID allow the poor woman to kill fully armed and armored men. Until that pesky Perseus came along...)

Like I said, what Athena did to Arachne was also not very nice.

Personally? I would like to see a spear wielder or a Coyote type Frame, a counterpart to Loki. Most cultures have a trickster figure.

Edited by Kalenath

I'll add to this that for all those other warframes their powers thematically correlate and make sense for the most part.

Most of Chroma's abilities make use of elements which fit into his trait of multiple elements in one, Mesa has her kit focus exclusively around gun usage wether it's to enchance her own or make the enemies' worse.

Wukong has those abilities just becuse he's wukong, but between each other the abilities just seem stapled together and nothing else, no thematic correlation or resemblance whatsoever.

That is until we stop and remember the Draon wings of effigy, shurikens, specfic frame weapons not being anything new in general, or hell, all of Vaubans multi purpose grenades.

There goes Chinaframe again, messin' with the release order...

Although, we TECHNICALLY got two female frames at one with Equinox - maybe that's what they're going for here?

Think there will be faster release of frames for the Global build, instead of one every Major Update because China is also making their own frames?

Edited by Kao-Snake

This is why DE should ban China from producing their own content.

This Nezha looks exactly the same in the most of the portrait of him.

0 Creativity at all. Seriously, I don't even have to look at the replies to know this Warframe's name, it's the same from the story and look almost the same.  China seriously needs to stop with this Copy&Paste Bull$h!t, it's so sick to watch em producing 0 quality contents.

DE, produce your own Chinese themed contents, please.

Think there will be faster release of frames for the Global build, instead of one every Major Update because China is also making their own frames?

I dunno. Last I heard DE was still making them themselves, rather than a separate team. The situation seems to be Changyu goes "we want something like this that is this this this" and DE creates something based on their desires.

So it's still them doing the legwork, which leads to time constraints and the like.

Edited by Morec0

The void created a dragon, the void created a ninja who even summons his own shurikens, the void created Robyn Hood, the void created a cow girl.

A warframe who can hide in a cloud(cuz that is so not like hiding in smoke) AND has a staff thats no more out of line from frame specfic weapons like guns or a bow, OUTRAGEOUS!

That is until we stop and remember the Draon wings of effigy, shurikens, specfic frame weapons not being anything new in general, or hell, all of Vaubans multi purpose grenades.

Oh, I know. They're all ridiculous, but at least they aren't completely tied to fictional/historical characters:

I mean, Chroma is based off of dragons, but he himself is not a dragon. He breathes all sorts of S#&$, but has affinity for the specific elements he chooses. He's the all-round elemental shaman, with a dragon pelt that can come to life. It's not like they called him Smaug and based all of his abilities on being grumpy and 'aving loads e'money.

Ash may be an exception, but he isn't one specific notorious fictional ninja character (e.g. Smoke, from Mortal Kombat. Though, ironically, Smoke was Ash's original name after Ninja). Point is that he's just a ninja.

We don't know archer-frame's name yet. Can't judge that one.

Again, Mesa is based off of the concept of cowboys, but not one specific cowboy.

Wukong is actually Sun Wukong.

But whatever. Take it as you will. I just think it's way over the acceptable limit of silly.

-snip-

Yeah, we'll have to see. Maybe the explanation we get will also explain the specifics on warframe creation and thus how in hell you get a Chinese deity from the void.

Edited by IANOBW

This is why DE should ban China from producing their own content.

This Nezha looks exactly the same in the most of the portrait of him.

0 Creativity at all. Seriously, I don't even have to look at the replies to know this Warframe's name, it's the same from the story and look almost the same.  China seriously needs to stop with this Copy&Paste Bull$h!t, it's so sick to watch em producing 0 quality contents.

DE, produce your own Chinese themed contents, please.

DE made it and they are making all of this chinese-themed stuff just to promote Warframe in China.

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever, what does it even have to do with my statement?

Effigy still makes use of Chroma's multi-elemental thematic, the pelt is merely a gimmick (I don't even know how the wings are relevant, being just aesthetics).

Ash's shurikens are consistent with his theme of stereorypical ninja that focuses on high physical damage.

I never said anything about unique weapons in fact, all these frames have their powers consistent with each other and follow a thematic on their own, if anything Vauban is the better example since all of his abilities are grenades that each focuses or has CC capabilities.

Wukong doesn't have any consistency whatsoever, his powers weren't designed around a theme but a name and they make no sense next to each other as a result.