Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Subscription Based Youtube Coming In 6 Days

TheErebus.

http://www.pcgamer.com/subscription-based-youtube-red-offers-ad-free-viewing-and-exclusive-content/

So Youtube Red is coming in 6 days.

For about $10 a month, you can have access to "Youtube Red originals", save videos for offline use (<-- Pretty damn cool) and some exclusive videos as well.

"YouTube Red original content is expected to start rolling out in early 2016, and will include shows like Scare PewDiePie, in which the internet's biggest star "encounters terrifying situations inspired by his favorite video games"; Sing It!, a scripted satire of reality-show singing competitions; Lazer Team, a feature-length comedy from Rooster Teeth and Fullscreen Films about four "small-town losers" who must save Earth from an alien invasion; and Fight of the Living Dead, an "unprecedented social experiment reality show" that traps popular YouTube personalities inside a realistic zombie apocalypse."

However, this only be in the US. Everyone else will have regular youtube, unless you have a proxy.

http://www.pcgamer.com/subscription-based-youtube-red-offers-ad-free-viewing-and-exclusive-content/

So Youtube Red is coming in 6 days.

For about $10 a month, you can have access to "Youtube Red originals", save videos for offline use (<-- Pretty damn cool) and some exclusive videos as well.

"YouTube Red original content is expected to start rolling out in early 2016, and will include shows like Scare PewDiePie, in which the internet's biggest star "encounters terrifying situations inspired by his favorite video games"

Oh wow, it had me at this!

I am definitely not using this ever!

So now I have to pay for youtube to watch videos I may be interested in?

Not a day goes by that google doesn't try to fix what's not broken with Youtube and all that achieves is making it worse.

As if the marketing revenue didn't burst their wallets before with the new era of unskippable ads that is one of my most motivating incentive to not ever buying a TV.

Too bad google as a company is unavoidable on the internet so the only thing I can do is to deal with it. Slightly upsetting.

Edited by TychusMechanicus

Oh look, a paywall for useless content. Now look at this, it's a pirate which offers the useless content for free. However I shall not barter with either as first I must grade the content through watching the whole thing through gifs. At which point I've wasted my time watching all the good parts and no longer wish to view the content.

Edited by Postal_pat