The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris Daily Target: Maniac

Kaotyke

Question

Ok, he gave me this... thing to scan.

I know they spawn on level 20+ Grineer maps when they are on high alert but the thing is:

1) Ceres has the Guardsmen target

2) Enemies in Phobos seems to never raise the alarm anymore

3) They do not spawn in Uranus, I waited 10 mins in the Deception and nothing

4) Simaris says nothing that he is anywhere

Bug?

18 answers to this question

Has anyone actually completed this scan target yet? I've been to every planet, tried all sorts of missions, from Sedna to Ceres to Uranus and all the way down to earth and mercury just to make sure.

Simaris never prompts. No manic scan target is present in the mission.

This is definitely bugged.

Take a few friends. Do Survivals of the Grineer that is Uranus or above. Give it like 40 minutes or something.

it's quite hard to get a maniac, however, do a mission in sedna, like killing kela

Phobos Sabotage but raise the alarm after destroying the core mission thingy

You ,mean Manics? Do a Trial (LOR).

No.

Manics, I can find those no problem. Manics are easy to find.

This has nothing, absolutely NOTHING, to do with Codex scans.

The problem is finding Simaris' Daily Scan Target Manic. Those, I cannot find anywhere.

try different mission or something

this happen to me when I had 9/10 runners and went to eris exterminate (the name of the node started with S) and no target and I aborted 3 times then I changed to another exterminate same planet and there was a target

so basically ........... RNG man

Edited by Kostadin

dude, that traps THE TRAPS.

THE SYNTHESIS TARGET TRAPS spam it.(when he finds you of course)

Anyway, it's quite hard to get a maniac, however, do a mission in sedna, like killing kela(hek turned into a peacock, merrow is a cat....sooo what do you expect?)

Edited by Magnulast

Take a few friends. Do Survivals of the Grineer that is Uranus or above. Give it like 40 minutes or something. Gives you a good chance then. And remember to bring the traps, or you're not gonna have a fun time unless you can somehow manage to stun him. THAT, or just bring Frost [Prime].

EDIT: That, or try Sabotages. I used to find they spawned a lot on Phobos Sabotages. Don't know if they've fixed something up in relation to that, but that used to be how I'd get the Codex scans on them. Good luck.

Edited by PickleMonster21

Just went to Ceres, Sedna, Phobos, etc. No Manic Targets seem to spawn and I also have them as my daily target. I think the issue is how manics in general are spawned. Manics only spawn when the alarms go up, whereas the coding for targets in the game is likely done as you are loading in. It will try to run the daily quest target into the game, but it might be stopped by the fact that Manics need a condition to be met to spawn in the first place.

Has anyone actually completed this scan target yet? I've been to every planet, tried all sorts of missions, from Sedna to Ceres to Uranus and all the way down to earth and mercury just to make sure.

Simaris never prompts. No manic scan target is present in the mission.

This is definitely bugged.

No.

Manics, I can find those no problem. Manics are easy to find.

This has nothing, absolutely NOTHING, to do with Codex scans.

The problem is finding Simaris' Daily Scan Target Manic. Those, I cannot find anywhere.

Well the next step would be to report this bug!

Ok, he gave me this... thing to scan.

I know they spawn on level 20+ Grineer maps when they are on high alert but the thing is:

1) Ceres has the Guardsmen target

2) Enemies in Phobos seems to never raise the alarm anymore

3) They do not spawn in Uranus, I waited 10 mins in the Deception and nothing

4) Simaris says nothing that he is anywhere

Bug?

Its bugged. I tried it and apparently ppl on Reddit say they've never seen a Manic Synthethis Target... EVER! So DE might have missed something here.