Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Long Do You Think Warframe Will Last?

D.I.M.M.

I just read a topic about Warframe either going uphill or downhill and it made me think. How long do you think this game will last before it's completely shut down. It's been out for a few years now and the recent alerts have got me worried. We just got several rare items from events and alerts recently. Is it just my paranoia or is something actually going on?

You're paranoid because i've seen the same kind of thread in two other games i play from time to time, yet after several years they're still going strong and since warframe is pretty much the only game of it's kind on the f2p market right now it'll be quite a long time until it goes under. The alerts are either DE or RNG being kind to us.

In 2013 when I start playing there were too major critics:

"DE doesn't know what they are doing"

"the game is repetitive"

As for the first slander, DE still shows many failures, new features that are not good no matter if they keep slapping "improvements" on it.

Lack of planed development, many new features trow old features under the bus, making things irrelevant, and time and money invested by players a waste.

As for the second slander, DE shows promises of the game becoming less repetitive with the upcoming star chart.

Idunno, CS is still going strong after all these years.  In spite of all the other tactical FPS games directly competing with it.  Including other versions of CS!

The only other competitor to WF is Destiny right now.  And that's pretty popular too.

I think when people start to hate on WF's updates the same way people hate on CoD annual releases, then we should start getting worried about the game being past its.... errr.... prime....  Sorry. :)

Not an apples to apples comparison, I know.  I mean CoD is charging $60 USD for each yearly release, where WF charges nothing (or optionally charges via Prime Access).

DE Staff sayed i DEV 16 or so they had ideas for 10 yeas there ideas not too mention comunity ideas that are being implemented.... thats a lot of years of ideas...
But i kinda have that fear too seeing kojima leaves konami and a lot off games being shutdown and new realsed games this year was realy bad for games
well kinda scares me iff Warframe goes in the same Bag

something i like  too see is if DE realy need helps Open a crowdfunding thing so players dont let warframe Die any way i think if something was goin bad DEsteve will say something i belive in that guy for some f.... reason

Edited by venon23

Maybe 6-7 more years? Old players will feel bored and burned out at one point (it's only natural) and new players are the ones who are gonna prolong the game. If WF does not get recognized by prospective players, then I'd say 4-5 years more. That's only my opinion though.

I have taken many breaks. But in the end this game is like "the game of my time", and i am sure I'm not the only one that feels this way. If DE ever is in danger I wouldn't be against a new crow-founding campaign to get the strength back. But i do not believe that will ever happen, it will all depend on the way DE handles the next few updates, and the lore that will define warframe's fate

Minimum of 2 years, maximum of 6. It may continue on after that, but it'll be on life support.

Either way, a very respectable run, and some games remain on life support for years. "Life support" meaning they're still alive, but are a hollow shell of their former selves with a skeleton crew player base.