Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archer Frame] Naming Her

(PSN)AngelShur

What about after a poison dart frog? Dendro? From Dendrobate.

I'm also down with maybe Eros or Artemis. Maybe put a spin on the spelling. Artemyse?

Maybe Robyn, as in robin hood?

If she is named Artemis I'm so nicknaming her Miss Art and will use impaled grenier to crate art of the post-mordum expressionist style with a surreal twit.

Naming frames is reserved for design council. iirc.

Mmmmmm. Design council.

Meh, when it comes to voting in there i rarely participate anymore. Just not vested enough. Good thing non founders get invited or they'd have little to no council.

On topic,

I think the devs should name the frames from now on.

Has anyone used any Odysseus related names, since stringing his bow was the test for the suitors to win his wife, which he did then slayed them.

Also didn't he encounter a Cyclops and escape under the belly of a sheep?

His wife's name was Penelope ...

A play on either would be fitting

Edited by PookieNumnums

I'm really loving the Atalanta and Satet suggestions.

DE plox?

Side note: did anyone else think of poison dart frogs when it came to archery (what with arrows commonly referred to as darts in older literature)?

I did!

But the name for those frogs all have lame names like "The red one" "Purple Tree Dart Frog".

The latan taxonomy isn't that much better either...

I did!

But the name for those frogs all have lame names like "The red one" "Purple Tree Dart Frog".

The latan taxonomy isn't that much better either...

I know, right? I was looking at the scientific names as well and shaking my head...there's nothing that sounds remotely cool. So I'm guessing we'll see the Greek naming convention continue (Nyx/Nekros/Atlas/(Archer).

Edited by Frostshard

• 2 weeks later...

1. Archer, is a female-based frame. 

-

Phyllobates, a genus of poison dart frog .

Yucca, Yew, Datura, Veratrum - Plants used by, Native Americans, to poison their weapons (arrows & spears).

Ishtar - Babylonian goddess of fertilitylovewar, and sex ( "All is fair, in love and war". )

Artemis (Greek), Bendis (Thracian), Devana (Slavic), Diana (Roman) - Same goddess, different regions. 

Lyzphidian - Name I commonly use for my female (ranged) characters, in RPGs. *I'm a female gamer*

-

That's it for now :)

Edited by Agent_Pookie

The said her name during a Q&A, her name is "Leio" which seems short for "Leiopelma Archeyi" which literally translates to "Archery Frog"

The said her name during a Q&A, her name is "Leio" which seems short for "Leiopelma Archeyi" which literally translates to "Archery Frog"

NOT TRUE!!!

Phyllo, which is short for ,Phyllobates terribilis, (as seen before in this thread). Phyllobates terribilis is the frog known as the golden poison frog OR the Golden Poison Arrow frog. I think its perfect because you'd be naming it after a poison arrow tree frog, (which fits her description perfectly) and it sounds cool.