The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Archer Frame] Naming Her

(PSN)AngelShur

I'm not too concerned with the name, I just want H. John Benjamin to voice her. And, yes, he is a man and the frame is female... but that's easy to fix. Just add some lore about how the frame has a serious smoking habit and it fits perfectly. I hear it's a stealthy frame anyway, and you know how those sneaky people enjoy a good cigarette (coughsolidsnakecough). Sneaky arrow-shootin' lady with a decidedly gruff ol' hardcore smoker's vocal box.

DE could still call her Sterling, I feel... to go with the archer theme... or Mallory, I suppose. OR, since she's a hunter... maybe call her Gonzo in homage to Hunter S.Thompson. Or just google "hunting deities" and find that wikipedia entry that lists approximately 400 billion awesome-sounding mythical hunters all of whom have extremely awesome names, any of which would do just fine.

Artemis sounds good but its too greek mythology. Since warframe already use japanese terms/words like dojo, ninja etc, how about Kyodoka? its japanese for a female archer. Kyudo is the way of the bow. 

200px-Kyudoka-makiwara.jpg

Or maybe Yumi - the bow which might be cool like "The Arrow"? Not to be confused with yummy because based on the concept art, she looks repulsive with what I can interpret as having buck teeth, cyclops eye and jelly fish cap.

based on the looks, I thought of something slightly tribal because of her looks. it would be nice to know her skills, so the name could be something to do with that too.

here are my suggestions any reasons:

Flidais - Celtic goddess of hunting and wild animals. The archer warframe wears a hat that resembles druids, who used to live and perform rituals in the forests. Druids are part of Celtic history/folklore so I think the name fits for that reason

Lilith - From Babylonian folklore, translates from Hebrew as night creature or night hag. The archer, playing a stealth role, would deserve a dark name like this.