Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stallordd's Apology Video

ToxicTroublermaker

It's pretty obvious from the tone of the video that he's struggling with some form of depression. This behaviour - although hopefully localized to his artistic endeavours - IS self-destructive. I shouldn't have to tell you that situations like this can easily escalate out of control. Try to be more sympathetic. If you don't know him and don't care to, fine, you don't have to criticize others for showing support to someone in a time of need.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Removed hidden post

I enjoyed his stuff. He has gained the respect and the admiration of so many Warframe players, it would be a shame if he decided to quit.

He also managed to collect Warframe tracks for everyone to listen before getting into lore videos, and I absolutely loved that.

Edited by -Vin-

Sad to hear.

I haven't watched the video yet so I can't speak to whether he appears depressed or not.

If it is depression the Tenno are doing the right thing and being supportive.  I enjoyed his lore videos a lot, and he's definitely got a talent for editing.

If anyone knows him IRL just keep an eye on him.  If it really is depression I've been there and you aren't going to be able to talk around it.  He wont be thinking clearly.  Just keep an eye on him and encourage him to get help. 

I had to get on meds (which take a while to really know if they are helping) and then once I could think clearly got into therapy.

And Stallordd, if you happen to read this, please know that the world isn't as dark as it seems.  Depression makes everything look hopeless, but it's just a filter preventing you from seeing how beautiful the world is.  You do good work, we are our own harshest critic sometimes. 

StallordD, if you aer reading this, I have two words for you:

Stop

Stop thinking about quitting. Stop trying to think you're lower than every other person. Stop thinking you're insignificant and below than others.

You have people here that still support you. A lot of the warframe community believes that you created a major impact, from your funny quirky sfms to your music, and I could go on to list your most awesome successes for the community. 

It's your choice on whether to quit, but follow your passions. Don't drag yourself down. 

The community and I got your back dude

Aye, I recognise this. I don't know Stal that well, but I hope he's doing well and will read this thread.

I, too, have been doing art and creating things ever since I can recall, and still today I have more projects and ideas than I can possibly count, but I understand most of them will never be accomplished. Somedays I feel I lack the skill, the inspiration or just the time to work. While everything was good, I could just sit and take small steps, build things little by little, see where that went. When all went bad, I just wanted to quit. Move on, do something else that I'd be better at. But the truth is, I'd never be better at anything unless I tried harder and harder. I'm not an artist. I never wanted to pursue an artistic career because I know my motivation is too volatile for me to rely on it. I greatly admire those who have the mental strength to endure it. But I've never stopped creating because of that. When I first posted my works online, I had no idea what to expect. Today, I look back and I see how far I went, and I don't regret a thing. I don't get half of the feedback you do, Stal. But that never made me want to stop. I've struggled, a lot, and I've been at the bottom of the pit more often than I'd like to admit. But I've made it my goal to climb out of it, and try not to fall again...

There will always be something you can't do, there will always be someone who does things better than you. But what you make is also what makes you you, something no one else can be. Your works are yours, and no one else's. If you can love them, then they're worth it, regardless of quality or effort. If you can only hate them, change. Create new things that you love. But don't stop. Not because we tell you to, but do it for yourself. If you need help getting back upon your feet, seek that help. As Bunny pointed out, depression is a serious thing. Never let that control your actions. Stay strong. Fight it.

I'm sorry, I'm verbose. This is not only for Stallord, but for anyone that might be dealing with these same issues.

To close this, it's a lie to say I'm not at a loss for not having more works from Stal. His videos were a reason I even popped into SFM and tried to make something with it. I wish I only had 20% of that talent. But that was also my motivation to keep working, and keep improving. Even if it's hard, even if it takes a time I can't afford. But I'll keep trying.

Tatejepp teppoj Ytejsat.

HlMfuLU.jpg

Depression eats away at you and things you love. Fighting it is hard sometimes. I think he needs someone to talk to.

I just use my imagination to manage it. Warframe helps with it and adds to imagination.

Edited by Lancars

It's pretty obvious from the tone of the video that he's struggling with some form of depression. This behaviour - although hopefully localized to his artistic endeavours - IS self-destructive. I shouldn't have to tell you that situations like this can easily escalate out of control. Try to be more sympathetic. If you don't know him and don't care to, fine, you don't have to criticize others for showing support to someone in a time of need.

Just saying the responses were rather overbearing/extreme.

Well this thread wasn't necessary OP, particularly your personal response. Whatever his reasons are, take that at face value. And if it is truly depression that's going on, then your response, in the way that it's worded, is still not helpful to the situation.

Oh, and let's not assume what he's going through. We don't have to assume that he's depressed in order to try to encourage him to continue or to simply build up his confidence. Just tell him how good we think he is and don't rant about it on Youtube and on the forums.

For StallordD - I personally liked your videos, and while I haven't seen them all, I appreciate what you do in this community. What ever you do, be confident. And thank you for being a pillar in this community (in my opinion, at least).

Edited by AntoineFlemming

Yeah he clearly has a manic depressive season going on now, caused by some life event or something of the sort.

But for StallordD, the content is suberb. One of the best Warframe channels out there and much less subscribed than it should.

Edited by BETAOPTICS