Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes

wwcw

Question

20 answers to this question

Is it true that we can't get Prime Excalibur anymore?

Yes, that is true. Prime Excalibur, Prime Skana, and Prime Lato were all Founder exclusive gear. DE has flatly stated that they will stay that way

All frames have the potential to be primed.

It's just going to take awhile because DE only releases four prime variants every year.

while that MAY be true, it wouldn't make any sense for some frames in-universe. Valkyr and Zephyr were all developed after the downfall of the Orokin, which made the Prime variants. While DE COULD make Primes out of those frames, it would make absolutely zero sense with the lore of the game, so I SEVERELY doubt that they would.

HOWEVER, I do see the possibility of those frames getting a Vandal varient that is on-par with the Primes, as Vandal is the Lotus' distinct flair and "Bling-Of-War" that she gives gear.

I would also like to note for Valkyr, that it is entirely possible for her to have a "Prime" in-lore, as she was created after Alad V tormented and broke an as-of-yet unnamed frame, turning her into the first Valkyr. I seem to recall talk of that original frame being plant and life based, but I cannot seem to find where I heard that so take that info cautiously. Valk could get a "Prime" of that original frame, though it wouldn't be Valk at that point, but what she was before. Honestly, I would love to see "Original Valkyr" as an available frame at some point.

Yes, that is true. Prime Excalibur, Prime Skana, and Prime Lato were all Founder exclusive gear. DE has flatly stated that they will stay that way

while that MAY be true, it wouldn't make any sense for some frames in-universe. Valkyr and Zephyr were all developed after the downfall of the Orokin, which made the Prime variants. While DE COULD make Primes out of those frames, it would make absolutely zero sense with the lore of the game, so I SEVERELY doubt that they would.

HOWEVER, I do see the possibility of those frames getting a Vandal varient that is on-par with the Primes, as Vandal is the Lotus' distinct flair and "Bling-Of-War" that she gives gear.

I would also like to note for Valkyr, that it is entirely possible for her to have a "Prime" in-lore, as she was created after Alad V tormented and broke an as-of-yet unnamed frame, turning her into the first Valkyr. I seem to recall talk of that original frame being plant and life based, but I cannot seem to find where I heard that so take that info cautiously. Valk could get a "Prime" of that original frame, though it wouldn't be Valk at that point, but what she was before. Honestly, I would love to see "Original Valkyr" as an available frame at some point.

Where did you get info that Zephyr is post orokin? Also I recall a dev saying that Valkyr was always a Beserker type frame, but alad v's experiments didn't help her temperament.

DE doesnt exactly have an order set for Prime but every warframe or tenno styled weapon has the potential to be primed, The reason grineer, corpus or infested weapons cannot be primed is because they lore-wise come after the orokin era

Braton and Burston are technically Corpus and they have their Prime variant but it's because they are copy on orokin technology (like Tenno copy orokin technology to make their wepons).

Valkyr has an original version (Gemersi) but I thing Zephyr is post orokin...

Making a Prime frame from one developed after the fall of the Orokin does not necessarily mean breaking the lore. I don't see why a "modern" frame couldn't be rebuilt using repurposed Orokin parts and costly/time consuming Orokin crafting techniques.

The Tenno are getting established in the post-Orokin world, pooling resources and knowledge at Relays and Dojos. It makes sense that they would direct all that towards improvement of themselves through rediscovery of lost craftsmanship.

"Original Valkyr" is available as the Gersemi Skin though.

Gersemi skin disproves this for Valkyr and the logic behind Zephyr is debatable. At any rate DE has flat out stated that any frame can be primed.

wrong , lore states what all tenno were created by orokin meaning all frames can get primed .

Are you talking about this thread? The OP states that she won't be Primed, but is immediately corrected, as Oxium is a lost Orokin technology that was rediscovered. This is confirmed by Operation Oxium Espionage.

As for Valkyr...I don't think that's true. As Omega-Shadowblade said, DE has stated she's a Berserker frame. And, besides, she's based on the Norse mythology of Valkyrie, who was the chooser of the slain (which is the translation of the Norse name valkyrja) who chose those who died in battle, and those who made it to Valhalla, so it makes sense she's a Berserker. Death, not life.

Where did you get info that Zephyr is post orokin? Also I recall a dev saying that Valkyr was always a Beserker type frame, but alad v's experiments didn't help her temperament.

It was from the Oxium event, Lotus stated that the Oxium Ospreys were new, and after the event finished we got a new frame utilizing the new lighter-than-air metal, Oxium. It may not be flat-out stated, but it at the very least heavily implies that Zephyr is new, after the fall of the Orokin.

I really REALLY wish I remembered where I read about Valk's "original" form, but I've seen it stated several times that Alad's experiments on her altered her void imprint (in a manner of speaking) and changed her into Valk. I haven't read up much on the new skin for her however.

Of course, I also seem to recall that Nova was a newer frame as well, developed by the Tenno Council or something (I never liked Nova so I'm rusty on her lore) to combat some newly deployed enemy, though it seems DE retconned that with Nova Prime, or I simply misread something. that was back at her original release which was ages ago

It was from the Oxium event, Lotus stated that the Oxium Ospreys were new, and after the event finished we got a new frame utilizing the new lighter-than-air metal, Oxium. It may not be flat-out stated, but it at the very least heavily implies that Zephyr is new, after the fall of the Orokin.

I really REALLY wish I remembered where I read about Valk's "original" form, but I've seen it stated several times that Alad's experiments on her altered her void imprint (in a manner of speaking) and changed her into Valk. I haven't read up much on the new skin for her however.

Of course, I also seem to recall that Nova was a newer frame as well, developed by the Tenno Council or something (I never liked Nova so I'm rusty on her lore) to combat some newly deployed enemy, though it seems DE retconned that with Nova Prime, or I simply misread something. that was back at her original release which was ages ago

None of these frames have conclusive evidence that they were created after the fall of the Orokin. Each one has an explanation that isn't a stretch.

Oxium is an Orokin-era material that was rediscovered by the Corpus shortly prior to Operation Oxium Espionage. It is likely that Zephyr existed in the Orokin era, but was simply not manufacturable in the present day until the rediscovery of Oxium.

Gersemi Valkyr was most likely discovered by Alad V and used for Project Zanuka before the present-day Tenno learned of her existence. The blueprints of Gersemi Valkyr were likely lost, and what we receive from defeating Alad V are the blueprints for the remains of Valkyr after the experiments.

Nova was a result of research performed by the Tenno High Council, but it is never mentioned when the Tenno High Council existed. It certainly doesn't exist in the present day in any visible fashion, considering it appears that the Lotus is solely in command of all currently awakened Tenno.

"Umbra" is the distinction of a Warframe with the stamp "Made In China" on the inside of the suit.

JUST KIDDING!!! no one really knows 100% for sure yet...

Other than what Steve said about being about there darker side and since umbra means shadow in Latin and also deals with the dark side of the moon no one will really know till U18 when the Orokin moon bases and look around for Easter eggs and play connect the dots with lore we might just find out why the stalker hates us