Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback Megathread: Saryn Revisited.

[DE]Rebecca

DE for whatever reasons... has a really hard time getting things right on the first go

or the second

or the third

or the...

u get the idea

sometimes it takes them awhile

but FWIW, they are trying, even if it is REALLY hard to tell sometimes... =P

i honestly wish i could just take a trip up to L/O and visit/consult with them for just a week or so, could help iron out so many lil things [obviously not everything can be done, what with technical issues and such]

Except that you are nowhere near the cap. "There's a hard cap on x stat, so I don't need to get all the way there" is not a valid argument when you are not even halfway there.

It is when to reach the hard-cap I'd have to sacrifice chunks of my build to do it (You really don't want negative duration on Saryn anymore.  You can, but it makes the window on your combos a helluva lot tighter).

Technically, halfway would be around 137.5%  Which who knows, MIGHT become possible if DE ever releases a Prime Streamline, but still, it costs me 70 Energy to do a Miasma.  70 out of 600 energy.  I have a Toxic Lash that costs 35 energy and lasts 40 seconds.

Regnerative Molt gives me a 35 energy Molt that not only combos into my Spores but heals me for 500 HP over 10 seconds.

Why do I need hard-capped Efficiency again?

For those of you moaning about the rework that makes her complex, new, and more engaging to play... You should really try the game out, it's cool if you play it. instead of standing there, tapping 4, doing less work than a freeze-dried potato. If you HONESTLY have trouble using her now, when she has had her armor, max energy, and abilities in general, buffed to all hell, then this might help you develop a degree of skill, force you out of your comfort zone, and give you the push you need to stop being a hallway hero and PLAY THE GAME. Just sitting there spamming your 4 while the rest of the squad is doing doing stuff was obnoxious at the least. I look forward to seeing how many truly skilled players are forced to discover their potential after this skill void is removed, and how many weak willed button pressing machines are forced out of my squads.

Boy pressing 3 more buttons is so hard as opposed to pressing 1 button before, now I have to press 3 more buttons, so skillful, so hard, so engaging. Man idk how you l33t pros do it pressing 3 more buttons that almost no one can do! 

Frost got heavily buffed with his rework, the only thing that was nerfed is the maximum number of simultaneous globes.

Most importantly: he is actually fun AND efficient to play now. I think same just happend to Saryn.

I mean come on... Since when toxins insta kill anyone around? Poisons were always about damage over time, not insta nuking the whole squad of enemies!

I do find it hilarious that people are annoyed that the toxin frame takes time to kill enemies. You know how poison works in real life right? Even the most deadly known toxins take about 10 seconds to kill their victim.

Poison gas incapacitates you almost immediately and leaves you that way until you die. If you want to bring reality into it then the enemies should get immediately knocked down by miasma and stay that way until the die.

Why do you care what other people think or feel, you simply do not understand. Its human nature? it scares you? please...

Personally I could care less if saryn/draco is nerfed in a hard way (you could get 4k kills in 2 rounds pre-rework). I already have a huge arsenal of weapons and frames forma'd for higher level content. However now imagine someone who plays saryn as a favorite, or has their exclusviely used weapons nerfed hard... can you blame them for complaining or feeling annoyed? Some people have all their eggs in one basket and DE just stomped them all.

Look at the other factors bud, leveling the same weapon 7 times to make it viable to bring along to most missions is not fun. Brutal efficiency in farming developed from this environment, most people do not enjoy it but time is valuable. I do however enjoy playing all sorts of load outs and weapon choices. While DE always talk about reducing the amount of grind (often for naught if you're dealing with RNGesus), they often end up doing the opposite.

guise, I'm automatically more skilled and superior to u all becuz I can press 3 moar buttons! That's 3 moar buttons than before! I'm glad I'm so good at this 3 button pressing game watch these awesome button pressing skillz. So good that I need band-aids to continue pressing 3 more difficult buttons that no one else can do so therefore I am moar skilled than u all becuz I can press 3 more buttons.

Edited by --Sensei--

Why do you care what other people think or feel, you simply do not understand. Its human nature? it scares you? please...

Personally I could care less if saryn/draco is nerfed in a hard way (you could get 4k kills in 2 rounds pre-rework). I already have a huge arsenal of weapons and frames forma'd for higher level content. However now imagine someone who plays saryn as a favorite, or has their exclusviely used weapons nerfed hard... can you blame them for complaining or feeling annoyed? Some people have all their eggs in one basket and DE just stomped them all.

Look at the other factors bud, leveling the same weapon 7 times to make it viable to bring along to most missions is not fun. Brutal efficiency in farming developed from this environment, most people do not enjoy it but time is valuable. I do however enjoy playing all sorts of load outs and weapon choices. While DE always talk about reducing the amount of grind (often for naught if you're dealing with RNGesus), they often end up doing the opposite.

Why do i care? I don't think i do. It's just...

It's just so irrational. It makes me angry for some reasons.

What happend to Saryn is not a nerf, not an attempt to murder her, not even a change of her purpose of mass-murderer, it's just a change of the way she functions, the way that player must play her to "git gud".

From pressing 1 button to pressing multiple buttons in right order to do the same, just in more badass way.

Isn't that awesome?!

Yet people declare such changes "nerfs" and proclaim frames that got them to be "Dead".

This is just something that genueily pisses me off simply because of how irrational it is.

From point of view of "fun factor" that is.

Edited by Artek94

Even with maxed power strength and setting up the 3 powers for miasma...

She still dealt less damage than her original Miasma.

Forget it i say.

Just max range and just use Miasma for stuns and spam Spores everywhere.

Edited by fatpig84

You're mistaking "not-abusing-corrupted-mods" as "mediocre" when honestly you don't need THAT much oomph to make Saryn good.  With this build, Toxic Lash lasts a good 40 seconds or so, more if I could squeeze in Constitution.  40 seconds is honestly a much longer time than folks realize.

130% efficiency seems awful, except that Saryn with Rank 9 Prime Flow has a whooping 600 energy, and I've got Rage and Regenerative Molt in the same build.  With 600 energy I don't really NEED a ton of efficiency, especially since DE capped how low ability costs can go.  Even with a normal Flow Saryn still have 450 energy, more than enough for combos.

The Stretch gives my Spore popping, Miasma, and Molt explosions greater range, so I can spread the DoTs and procs over a larger area.

Again, you're under the mistaken impression that a well-rounded build is a bad one.  It's not.

Also, you're assuming I'm comboing to abuse Miasma every chance I get.  When actually playing content I found most things died in short order from the Spore + Toxic Lash combos.  If, and only if something survived that, I might whip out Miasma just to make sure it died.

with 184% power strength miasma deal 644 damage per second over x seconds in my case 3.81.  644x3.81= 2453 damage over all ticks. that is absolutely horrible damage. Even after the multipliers from both spore and lash the best damage you can hope for is 2453x2=4907 total damage. 

you have 54% less damage then that in your build divided over a much larger timeframe. 

That is not oomph  that is just sad.   You kill faster with just pressing E on your melee weapon then that. 

Also 600 energy is not a whooping  lot when eatch single combo of your synergy skills is 17.50+35+70= 122.5 energy per cast of a single combo of  spore+lash+miasma

spore +lash is still 17.50+35= 52.5 energy 600/52.5= 11.4 times that is the max you can use your combo. 

With that low damage you still kill faster with just melee for zero energy cost.  By the time you have spread your dots and waited for them to kill any other frame would have killed the enemies and moved on already. 

You also missed tha fact that the range of Molt does not infact increase with range mods its bugged and is stuck at a 10 meter radius.  This is very simple to check in game. 

also what content are you playing? starchart is largely irrelevant due to the lowe level of enemies and how slow they scale. Any frame can kill everything in the starchart without issue.

What happend to Saryn is not a nerf, not an attempt to murder he, not even a change of her purpose of mass-murderer, it's just changed the way she functions, the way that player must play her to "git gud".

From pressing 1 button to pressing multiple buttons in right order to do the same, just in more badass way.

Isn't that awesome?!

Yet people declare such changes "nerfs" and proclaim frames that got them to be "Dead".

This is just something that genueily pisses me off simply because of how irrational it is.

From point if view of "fun" that is.

Actually it's press more buttons to not do the same and do less for more cost =D

Had to correct you on that part.

Aren't reworks great =D? Im enjoying the Saryn rework by playing other frames =].

Also "fun" is subjective, how you have fun does not mean we all have fun the same way as you by pressing 3 more buttons lolololol. 

Edited by --Sensei--

Even with maxed power strength and setting up the 3 powers for miasma... She still dealt less damage than her original one.

Forget it i say.

Just max range and just use Miasma for stuns and spam Spores everywhere.

I think it deals same damage, just over time. Poison and forget and let the enemy die by himself.

Unless that DOT damage is very miserable.

Edited by Artek94

What happend to Saryn is not a nerf, not an attempt to murder her, not even a change of her purpose of mass-murderer, it's just a change of the way she functions, the way that player must play her to "git gud".

Isn't that awesome?!

From point of view of "fun factor" that is.

A nerf is anything that lowers something's effectiveness.  Saryn is now less effective at quickly killing enemies.  That makes this a nerf whether you like it or not.

guise, I'm automatically more skilled and superior to u all becuz I can press 3 moar buttons! That's 3 moar buttons than before! I'm glad I'm so good at this 3 button pressing game watch these awesome button pressing skillz. So good that I need band-aids to continue pressing 3 more difficult buttons that no one else can do so therefore I am moar skilled than u all becuz I can press 3 more buttons.

But of course.