Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Petition] Please Allow New Deluxe Weapon Skins To Be Universal

Talfrey

I think you guys are missing something here. While a new model, the skin is supposed to cover a specific weapon properties, in this case Dual Zoren. That means clarity on weapon reach, for example. I can see that working on the Dual Ichors and Basilisks, but never on the Dual Kamas or Skanas.

The same goes for Rhino's upcoming hammer: I can see that happening for Jat Kittag and maybe Serro, not for Fragor and co.

Well the Zoren also has the dagger axe skin, which doesn't match the reach or function of the weapon. The Kamas and Raza are at least actually sickle type weapons. If they're going to put the skin on a dual axe, they might as well do it for all the dual axes (or at least a weapon people care about). Dual Zoren, Dual Ichor, Dual Kama, Dual Raza, and Twin Basolk.

Not sure about the new hammer on the Serro since the Serro is a polearm, not an axe. 

I think you guys are missing something here. While a new model, the skin is supposed to cover a specific weapon properties, in this case Dual Zoren. That means clarity on weapon reach, for example. I can see that working on the Dual Ichors and Basilisks, but never on the Dual Kamas or Skanas.

The same goes for Rhino's upcoming hammer: I can see that happening for Jat Kittag and maybe Serro, not for Fragor and co.

We've not missed that, and it has actually come up in this thread already. As I said before, the existance of reach, primed reach, and a certain DotD Orthos skin on Orthos Prime, and the fact that nobody ever seems to comment on the disparity between model and range, pretty much renders this point moot. We have been dealing with this disparity for months, and while it would spread to more weapons if this skin were to be applicable on other weapons, I don't think anyone would really even bat an eye at it.

While it is something that could probably be addressed at some point, it seems to hardly be a turnoff for most players.

by that logic do orthos prime and the default orthos should not have interchangeable skins. i don't know about the reach of each weapon, but model wise the orthos prime is significantly longer than the normal orthos, which means it would also be breaching this logic. 

as would some axe skins i believe. 

but basically if that was the reasoning for this skin de has already broken that rule a few times. 

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely agree with this. I was especially annoyed since the Cyskis skin for the Dual Zorens came out right after the Twin Basolk came out. The Twin Basolk requires the Zoren to craft, so that weapon was gone by the time the skin came along.

And just imagine how many annoyed people you'd have if the Palatine Skin was for Fragor instead of Jat Kittag when Jat Kittag is blatantly better.

Edited by Tails-san

• 2 weeks later...

+1 to making certain deluxe skins available to more weapons with similar appearance.

Cyskis (Dual axes / hatchets) for Dual Kamas (Prime), Dual Ichor, Dual Raza, Twin Basolk, (Prisma) Dual Cleavers.

Palatine (Hammer) for Fragor.

Nari and Vali (Sword and Dagger / Dual Sword) for Nami Skyla, Dex Dakra, Dual Ether, Dual Skana, Dual Heat Swords.

+1 to making certain deluxe skins available to more weapons with similar appearance.

Cyskis (Dual axes / hatchets) for Dual Kamas (Prime), Dual Ichor, Dual Raza, Twin Basolk, (Prisma) Dual Cleavers.

Nari and Vali (Sword and Dagger / Dual Sword) for Nami Skyla, Dex Dakra, Dual Ether, Dual Skana, Dual Heat Swords.

Nekropost but still relevant.

I like this idea.

• 1 month later...

Last post 21th of December... This Petition needs more! More help! Guys we need you! Although it may sounds, mh, childish? It's something that shouldn't be overlooked. It's a shame that beautiful Deluxe Skins are limited to a single weapon instead of an entire class of weapons. Spread the voice! 

I wish they would release the deluxe weapon skins outside of a bundle regardless of whether or not they are universal. I have no interest in the deluxe loki skin but would entertain buying the weapon skin as a stand alone. Same for some of the day of the dead stuff. I just want the one weapon skin not wanting to buy a bundle with 20 different things I will never use. 

I wish they would release the deluxe weapon skins outside of a bundle regardless of whether or not they are universal. I have no interest in the deluxe loki skin but would entertain buying the weapon skin as a stand alone. Same for some of the day of the dead stuff. I just want the one weapon skin not wanting to buy a bundle with 20 different things I will never use.

You could actually buy the day of the dead skins without buying the bundle.

On topic: Yes.

Edit:Double post

Edited by Heliopata