Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Petition] Please Allow New Deluxe Weapon Skins To Be Universal

Talfrey

That being said, my consistency bone is hurting real bad that it wasn't the Ichors.

I mean after all this time with DE I learned to live with the pain.

on topic: I do think it should at least be for the ichors as well as dual zorren if anything at all.

Edited by Cookedtoast

Out of sheer curiosity, how hard would it be for the devs to make it a universal dual sword/axe skin? People are all saying it like it would just be easy, but it might just take a whole lot more work as well- or just be as simple as people seem to think, instead. If it is, I too would love to see this pretty skin usable across all dual swords and axes.

While I can't speak with 100% confidence, I can say that for most games, as long as the model uses the same animations/rigging as something else, you can swap the model to anything you want with no more effort than swapping the model out.

We know that there are dozens of weapons that use the dual swords animations, and all of them have the exact same behavior, regardless of size, length, etc, so it really shouldn't be more effort than expanding the number of items to which the skin can be applied.

That particular act may be more difficult.

I don't know if it's as simple as adding a line like:

canbedualichorskin = true

or if it requires something far more complicated.

Out of sheer curiosity, how hard would it be for the devs to make it a universal dual sword/axe skin? People are all saying it like it would just be easy, but it might just take a whole lot more work as well- or just be as simple as people seem to think, instead. If it is, I too would love to see this pretty skin usable across all dual swords and axes.

Well you can use the Proto-Glaive Skin on every (Glaive, Glaive Prime, Cerate, Halikar and Kestrel!) Thrown Melee weapon, so I would assume that it is relatively easy, or at the very least do able.

That said: I fully support the petition!

I'm signing this as well, I was under the impression that the delux weapon skins applying to whole weapon types would just be the norm, such as the Proto-Glaive. I can't bring myself to spend plat on another skin for a weapon that already has like 5 or 6 skins already, that I also own, and won't be buying it unless it applies to all (or at least MOST) dual weapons. I'd love to use this on my cleavers, Kama P, or Ichors, all of which are better weapons that I'm willing to actually use.

The skin isn't even bladed or axe shaped either. It's literally just a pair of &#!-whuppin' sticks.

Edited by (PS4)Onyxflamegod

If they want it on a single weapon, it should be the Dual Ichors.

I don't know how I feel about the skin being applicable to all weapons in class.  I am pretty sure I am against it, though.  I am pretty sure all weapons should have recognizable appearances, even with their alternate skins.

The Proto-Glaive skin being shared among its weapon class wasn't so bad, since there are four weapons total in that class, two of them are Glaives, and they're barely visible.  There are more Dual Axes weapons out there, though, and they're all highly visible like other standard melee weapons, so they each have much more distinct identities.  I don't think I can get behind sharing the skin across the whole category, but the Cyskis skin should definitely be for Dual Ichors instead of the already-skin-wealthy Dual Zoren.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

agreed ! yes ! +1

when i saw the pack and watch "new skin for zoren" I was like WTF not dual ichor ? oO

I understand that DZoren are tenno weapons but go for Kamas/kamas prime or Ichor (poison thing, etc).

I realy hope this skin will be available for other weapons (at least Ichors).

agreed ! yes ! +1

when i saw the pack and watch "new skin for zoren" I was like WTF not dual ichor ? oO

I understand that DZoren are tenno weapons but go for Kamas/kamas prime or Ichor (poison thing, etc).

I realy hope this skin will be available for other weapons (at least Ichors).

Faction is irrelevant for them choosing what weapons get skinned by delux skins, because the Hammer skin that is going to come with Rhino's skin, is for the Jat Kittag. A Grineer weapon.

If they want it on a single weapon, it should be the Dual Ichors.

I don't know how I feel about the skin being applicable to all weapons in class.  I am pretty sure I am against it, though.  I am pretty sure all weapons should have recognizable appearances, even with their alternate skins.

The Proto-Glaive skin being shared among its weapon class wasn't so bad, since there are four weapons total in that class, two of them are Glaives, and they're barely visible.  There are more Dual Axes weapons out there, though, and they're all highly visible like other standard melee weapons, so they each have much more distinct identities.  I don't think I can get behind sharing the skin across the whole category, but the Cyskis skin should definitely be for Dual Ichors instead of the already-skin-wealthy Dual Zoren.

I can simply counter that with the argument that it's a matter of choice. SHould you want them to retain their identities you can simply not use the skin on them. 

Faction is irrelevant for them choosing what weapons get skinned by delux skins, because the Hammer skin that is going to come with Rhino's skin, is for the Jat Kittag. A Grineer weapon.

Yes I was remembering that after press enter :p

I was searching for a logic there, but there is none ^^

/signed

Would be better though if it only applied to dual axes and maybe the Kamas, but not on swords...

Even better would be dual axes getting their own category and stances (as someone said before, they handle completely different to dual swords).
Probably won't happen, but one can dream ^^

Oh, no no no.

Don't give DE any ideas.

i really dont get why people have such a problem witht his weapon

i've been using it a bunch and have had some good success with it

especially playing it with status explosion and finisher damage