Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aksomati, Holy....

-N7-Leonhart

It's more about uptime:downtime ratio and how much damage can you spew out during the uptime.

If very low damage and very high fire rate would do it, then I would slap the 90% fire rate mod on AkSomati as well, just for the sake of flaunting the huge DPS builds. But what I posted is what you can actually use in game, not what-if stories.

Yeah, but the mag ends in 3 seconds of fire like that and takes another 3 to reload. Not my cup of tea, considering that AkSomati have half of that reload time, so a lot more sustained DPS. I even hesitate to put Lethal Torrent on Twin Grakatas, in order to not finish that huge mag in 2 seconds....not even Primed Ammo Mutation can hold then.

I have lethal torrent on my twin grakkys and regular ammo mutation, I hold up perfectly fine.

Where is your primed ammo mutation?

Punch through?

That said, this mod is certainly welcome on crit secondaries.

It's just a pocket heavy killer. It doesn't need an ammo mutation at all, even before the advent of primed target cracker. Punch through would be nice, but it TANKS your single target damage.

The Aksomati is inaccurate as all hell. Instead of aiming for headshots, I just aim for the body and replace an elemental mod with Seeker for punch-through.

I don't run ammo mutation because I usually pair it with a more bullet-efficient primary.

Edited by Inarticulate

well, sure, just pointing out it can be higher than OP's 25k, 39k tops if one has piercing cal

The shown build was maxed with all the damage mods, including Piercing Caliber, not that it makes a big difference, compared to any other elemental.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

Both the BoltorP and SomaP can do a good bit better than the OP has illustrated.

Secondaries with massive burst dps aren't really new. The addition of two crit based secondaries and primed mods supporting them is...but...they both lack sustainability without giving up a good bit of that (paper) dps.

Just like the venerable Wraith Twin Vipers, they can burn down tough targets in a few seconds. Just like the Wraith Twin Vipers, they waste a good bit of their dps on empty air because of low accuracy, vicious recoil, and the fact they typically run out of ammunition very quickly.

Useful? Sure. Fun? Most definitely. Replacement for auto-trigger primaries? Not on your life.

Yup. As a reward I'll drop an even sillier one.

Magazine 5

RoF 5

Reload 1

Impact>Slash>Puncture...

95TUuig.png

It's the Brakk!

As a side note, this challenge of showing a nameless build and the resulting numbers is actually not a bad one, the answers aren't immediately obvious. If you censored out one or two mods, it might even be a plat-prize worthy forum game.

Edited by Kthal

Magazine 5

RoF 5

Reload 1

Impact>Slash>Puncture...

95TUuig.png

It's the Brakk!

As a side note, this challenge of showing a nameless build and the resulting numbers is actually not a bad one, the answers aren't immediately obvious. If you censored out one or two mods, it might even be a plat-prize worthy forum game.

You even had a silhouette all prepared eh?

Alright two more and that will be it for me(since I'm just spamming this thread now)

My personal two favorite secondaries..one of which I just can't not use.

C3y3s3E.png

Note: The two builds shown do not reflect the actual builds I use on each weapon.

Other than the fact that a lot of these ignore the concept of limited ammo entirely, also remember that crit falls-off much more quickly than true damage at higher level where armor begins to scale very quickly. 

Even so, I'll be trying out the Aksomati again and see how they fair with my shiny new primed mod just to see how they fair.