The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Good Is Ash Prime And How Do I Use Him?

Guest ImJustAN00b

Question

Guest ImJustAN00b

Finally got the bp after a 5min+ negotiation :/ I finally have all I need to build him :D

So is he worth the effort and more importantly the plat?

24 answers to this question

There is two general builds for Ash: smoke bomb (2nd ability) build and bladestorm (4th ability) build.

You need max duration+streamline on the smoke bomb build and max strength+max effiency+stretch on the bladestorm one.

You can use the smoke bomb build on spy missions or soloing a mission and use the bladestorm build on everything else (defense, interception, etc).

Bladestorm build is usually known as "Press 4 to win", because all you need is just press the button 4 and watch the enemies dying.

Finally got the bp after a 5min+ negotiation :/ I finally have all I need to build him :D

So is he worth the effort and more importantly the plat?

Of course Ash is a great warframe!

He is born to kill.

They way he works is so fun, totaly worth your efforts.

Press 4. You have mastered Ash Prime.

and that what will say ppl that cant play this game. Or dont want to make a lil more effort than pushing one button.

Ash prime can be a very good frame when used correctly.

You can build him for invis, you can make a hibrid build. You can focus on his 4 (but even then dont forget about other skills).

Use many of his skills, teleport +finisher with dagger with covered lethality is amazing,

smoke bomb gives a lot for your team (augment)

shuriken is great it you have few or one opponent in a distant (or if you use its augment)

and BS is good (and cool) burst AOE (make sure you have fury and quickening in your melee weapon, BS is also great as a Arcane trickery activator)

P.S: currently we got some infos about planned BS rework :((  so if i were you i wouldnt invest too much in him before things will be more clear (especially dont buy Arcane Trickery)

HF

Edited by Kripion

All you wanna know that he is a NInja, it is true that Bladestorm (4th ability) spammers are annoying and the skill is too strong. but it's fun to use and lets be honest .... those spammers spam other warframes as well. even without Bladestorm Ash is still a good frame because of his speed and other ninja abilities ( and Bladestorm shall get a rework that hopefully will make it more interesting ). 

If you are a DPS and prefer speed and stealth over toughness in every game you play, you will like ash guaranteed.

Blade storm's best part is getting past ancient auras. Whatever they do, I hope they at least keep the finisher damage part so he isn't yet another damage frame in a sea of damage.

Also represents the cleverness and trickery of the ninja, attacking the hero from the stage hands ranks in theater.

One of the best solo frames imo. As others have said, build for Smoke Bomb (duration + efficiency, and I like Smoke Shadow for team play) or for Bladestorm (strength + range + efficiency, and Rising Storm is pretty good as well) and you'll be set. Grab a melee weapon with Life Strike and you should be solid through most stages of the game. I've never put a forma in him, and he stays pretty relevant in a team all the way through 40 minutes in T4 (that's the furthest I've personally tested him). Can't ask for more than that out of a frame. Lastly, Ash has some serious ninja style. Definitely worth at least trying out.

Ash P is worth it.

increased speed and armor.

Also depends what build you are using.

Smokebomb build is not that necessary, if you want invisibility warframe take loki.

Ash is more of a ''damage ninja''

Teleport build is what you need, (stretch and streamline) teleport to the enemy and then rek him with a finisher

althou depends on the melee what you are using (i suggest dual ichor with corrosive build)

Ash P has more armor than regular one and that makes him a lot better for Rage build (because rage and lifestrike is a good combo)

and shuriken augment is a must have (removes armor from enemies)

also as stated above......dem shoes

*bladestormin' in my jordans, bladestormin' in my jordans*

Have you used Ash before? I'd recommend using a regular ash before claiming the prime variant.

You can specialize in Seeking Shuriken to take down heavily armored enemies with ease.

Or use teleport to take out priority targets.

Or you can always mod him for maximum strength + range to take on a hoard of enemies with blade storm.

I don't use ash much so I'm not a lot of help. But try out different mods and surely you'll find a balanced build.

and that what will say ppl that cant play this game. Or dont want to make a lil more effort than pushing one button.

Don't listen to this narrow minded tenno. He's a good melee, support and damage frame.

Smoke screen and Seeking shuriken for support, Rising storm for melee and damage.

Also, try arcane trickery on him if you can.

I mean not only was I making a joke but he's also basically just a Press 4 to win Warframe so....

Ash can be built a lot of ways, he is a very versatile frame. If you build him for power strength and range he can be a one button frame. Something I myself do not enjoy. He is my most used frame and I have three different builds that I use with him. The first is my general build, this one focuses on survivability and increasing all stats. Just a generic build with nothing special, but something I enjoy. The second focuses on his smoke bomb, this is so I can run mission stealthily if I desire. Basically maxing out power duration over everything else. I usually included the smoke shadow augment just for kicks. My third build is always changing to see what I can do with him. In my opinion he is worth building and can be a fun frame to play. Yes he can be a one button room clear, but that is just one aspect. Albeit a rather boring aspect that is not something one has to do.

I have 2 loadout builds for my Ash prime, max smokescreen build for soloing stuff and a nuke bladestorm build for when I'm feeling lolzy.

Both are fun, you can also try to make a balanced build between smokescreen and bladestorm, or just go all out bladestorm with arcane trickery which procs off bladestorm for 20 secs of invis.

Ash P is totally worth it, though my build is focused on not just my skills but also make Ash P a frame that can handle himself when not in a team, and can take the heat when the team is in a pinch. His base speed without any speed mods is also pretty fast. Mostly i use teleport if i go full melee with him, if you use that skill the way it's supposed to, you can make for some amazing kills. Sure you can go with the press 4 to win build, but Ash P is capable of so much more than just that.

Not only that but he looks amazing. With helmet looking slightly like a hood.

Press 4. You have mastered Ash Prime.

I main Ash Prime using D. Nikana, Boltor P, and Spira/Ballistica. I can say this is not at all true, and I build Bladestorm. Whenever you press 4, you waste 100 energy almost always, because for some weird reason, teammates love to come running and kill everyone bladestorm is about to hit. Also, bladestorm (at least on Ps4) seems to not hit enemies in it's range, on top of teammates taking the kills. His smoke bomb is good yes, but unless you use it for a stun n' run Loki Primes beats him in terms of time and usage (Giving that melee multiplier, IK this as a fact since I own both warframes, and mained Loki P before Ash P). His teleport needs to be patched, It is hardly useful due to the fact that it is Single-Target damage, on top of the fact that more then half your teleports will not give you the kill animation you need to speed run a capture mission (Doesn't work on bosses because of invincibility.) His one is useful, in rare circumstances unless your using a slow reload gun. In fact, I usually have to force myself to use shuriken's, because I dislike seeing a ability wasted (Seeking Shurikens help.) But if you are caught with your pants down in a fire fight, Shurikens are a great way to damage/kill enemies while reloading. Overall thou, he is my favorite warframe because he is kinda like Loki, but alot more offensive instead of a Trickster. (Also he looks amazing.)

Edited by (PS4)Voiden_Irritus

I play a build that is what I feel uncommon. If I'm running challenging content (t4) I utilize his high health for a powerful melee only build, and use his abilitys for support. I run max vitality and vigor for the highest health in game, and rage, and then a good melee like B-war, D.nikana, or prisma cleavers, and I use a general damage build with a max life strike. This allows me to tank a lot of damage while doing so, get energy, and then i go round killing enemies channeling.

It is a cycle of damaged health>energy form rage>health back from life strike. this allows me to survive masses of enemies and kill them efficiently.

for abilitys, you can use them to support your playstyle. Smoke screen to escape or revive and ally. teleport to open a heavy to finishers, shuriken to kill flying enemies, and blade storm to gain invul to escape a sticky situation, or just for easy laid back group kills.

this build is mostly solo, but can run almost any mission and isn't terrible to a team as it provides massive damage output and invis revives.

to me he is a tanky, fast, fun frame to play and is a go to for tower missions or spys, or just any mission that doesnt require a specific frame. (eg. He doesn't give much to a defense.)

I have a pretty unique build that's catered to my play-style:

http://warframe-builder.com/Warframes/Builder/Ash_Prime/t_30_3240320220_2-6-10-3-8-5-19-3-10-55-4-4-57-2-5-59-7-3-411-5-10-479-1-10-481-0-10-615-9-5_481-7-479-7-57-8-19-14-55-5-411-8-2-12-59-5-3-18-615-9_77/en/1-0-37/80703/

This build was built around the idea that I would be using melee and utilizing the

Naramon's "Shadow Step Passive,

but it is not required.

With this build, I was able to tank a lot of damage, deal a lot of damage, and stay invisible almost indefinitely if I use my melee weapon. It's best to use a high crit chance weapon for this build; my favorite is

War, the greatsword that it's BP is dropped by the Shadow Stalker.

I was able to do a Grineer Lv.80-100 Sortie Survival Mission w/ reduced Energy with this build and I only went down once because I was dumb and ran into a Bombard. I dealt the 2nd most dmg in the team, being behind by an EB Excal by 5%, while I was only using War, which I think is pretty impressive. I do not have Arcane Trickery or Arcane Ultimatum, but I recommend having those as well since they will help aid in your survivability.

I play ash prime as a ninja assassin. Bows Throwing weapons and Dragon Nikana. Try to train yourself to never be stationary while attacking and firing because your sprint speed will make you untouchable when used properly. Use all his abilities not just spaming his 4th to kill the fun and ignore all those "press 4 you mastered ash" for they are narrow minded. Your teleport 3rd can stagger enemies allowing you to assassinate high armored enemies quickly but make sure you don't get kissed by their RPGs xD 4th ability is amazing but don't rely on it too much because it might kill the fun of using Ash, just use it if you need to save your teammates from hordes of enemies or if there are a lot of high armored enemies like Bombards. Bladestorm will be reworked later, looking forward for what it!