Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If We Had Syndicate Melee, What Do You Think It'd Be?

(PSN)Dark-TailedFox

I'd personally be thinking something along the lines as:

Vaykor Nami Solo (nothing like a commander aiming their sword to victory to complete the "Rebellious Guerilla warfare" look)

Telos Ninkondi, Nikana, or Tonbo (Arbiters wants to rule out that Tenno are warriors and practice discipline. Why not feature 2 weapons that take time to master to a fluid art?)

Synoid Serro (Suda seems to turn existing tools used for study or purposes into weapons of destruction. This energy saw could possibly fit into that domain as well.)

Secura Lecta (Perrin pretty much amps up existing Corpus tech for syndicate use. The Lecta pretty much fits in this area as weapon in the Corpus arsenal [Comba and Scrambus use it])

Rakta Karyst (They pretty much play out as the shadowy assassins of the Origin System. A dagger topped off with the most potent toxin they can research sounds fitting to their agenda [besides burn everything]. Easy to conceal, highly lethal.)

Sancti Orthos, Ether Sword, or Redeemer (I'm not sure if I read it correctly, but Loka seems to use weapons that protect their sanctuaries in non-harmful ways to the environment [like the pure electricity of the castanas], imitate nature's wrath when disturbed [op tigris], so the purity of the Orthos, the ideology that the Ether is the humane way of "cleansing" infested allies, and the simple, yet destructive power of the Redeemer seem to fit different areas of their agenda, though still is kind of random in utilizing Tenno weaponry to their goals.)

That's just my opinion. What would yours be if syndicates were to gain melee weaponry?

Veykor Ack and Brunt - just needs to happen

Telos Boltace - kinda obvious ATM

Synoid Meleecor - ^

Secura Serro - would be my choice

Rakta Fang - assassin style weapon; I would also like to see dual heat swords here

Sancti Redeemer - Would match well with Tigris as far as style

I doubt that we'll get a Vaykor Nami Solo or Synoid Serro.

The Nami solo is a Tenno weapon and all Vaykor weapons so far have been Grineer (marelok and Hek). Meanwhile, the Serro is a corpus weapon and all other Synoid weapons (simulor and gammacor) are cephalon based.

Vaykor Dual Cleavers that can't use the Justice Blades

Sancti Orthos that's even better than the already OP version

Telos Dakra that's good but not as good as the Dakra Prime

Synoid Serro that'll be beloved by a very small niche

Rakta Karyst that'll be pretty decent and have insane swing speed

Secura Prova that'll be not half bad either

vaykor needs to be of grineer design, so obivously the Jat Kitty is a prime candidate, but other more obscure grineer melee would be cool too, like the Ripkas or the Furax

telos needs to be of orokin/tenno design and yes the Boltace are top contenders, but the orthos or some of the swords/dual swords would be good as well, the glaive could also be a sleeper hit

synoid will un-doubtably make some abomination using the same model as the gammacor/scanner/etc

secura has a few corpus melee options, the Serro being most likely atm, possibly the obex or the lecta as well [the prova already has a vandal variant]

rakta could be a bunch of things but usually tenno design, so prolly pulling from the same pool as telos, possibly the karyst or the sheev even, maybe silva/aegis or the fangs

sacti either grineer or tenno design, but the Redeemer has the right sound for a sancti melee

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Sancti Skana cause we love you.

Secura Prova cause we don't care.

Rakta scoliac cause eh why not?

Vaykor Jat Kittag cause the era of

Scindo Prime has come to an end.

Synoid spectra strapped on a kestrel that shoots laser when thrown, cause it looks cool in my head.

Telos boltace, duuuh.

Steel Med will likely have a Grineer weapon. Amphis and Atterax could do with the love, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a Vaykor Jat Kittag (the rag dolling.... it's beautiful!). It won't be Dual Cleavers or Machete, both have a Prisma/Wraith variant already, and Cleavers have a mod too. 

Arbiters will have Telos Boltace, to complete the set. still a decent reason to rank them up, and Tonfas could use the work. others say Jaw Sword, but forget about the whole "oh, their logo is a sword so it has to be a Sword". no it won't, you're getting Tonfas, deal with it.

Suda is a tricky one, but I stand by my Synoid Obex. seriously, If you imagine the Obex with Suda logos on them, it just fits. Cephalon Suda Knuckle Dusters, it just works. others say Gram or Plasma Sword, but they don't look futuristic enough. punching and kicking with energy symbols? that's pretty good. we don't have any enhanced Sparring weapons, so it would be nice.

Perrin is likely going to give a Corpus Weapon. i don't want it to be the Prova, there's already Prova Vandal. Serro is possible, but they're merchants, not Scrappers, so why would they need an Energy saw? it'll probably be the Lecta.

Red Veil has several good candidates, but I think Rakta Heat Dagger is most likely. it reflects their love of stealth (concealable, quiet melee), and their love of Fire (Heat Damage). plus those guys in the Relay use them to torture the Grineer captive, so they already use them.

New Loka, I reckon, will have a Polearm. they like Tenno Weapons (Skana, Furis, Tigris), and I think the Tonbo would suit their Camo best. Tipedo could use the love since Coptering was removed though, so either are candidates, but Tonbo looks more appropriate IMO. it shouldn't be Skana or Orthos, again both have better versions (Prisma Skana/Skana prime and Orthos Prime respectively)

Steel Meridian: Vaykor Jat Kittag (tho Id prefer a Vaykor Kestrel)

Hexis: Telos Galatine sounds good imo, it fits Hexis, increased crit chance to 20% and decreased attack speed (0.9)

Red Veil: Rakta Dual Ichor, with a 25% status chance and pure viral damage instead of toxin (40 Viral).

Perrin: Secura Lecta

Suda: Synoid Selfie Stick (YES!), dealing pure magnetic (55 magnetic) with 10% status and 5% crit chance.

Loka: Sancti Ether Sword, increased damage to 37.5 slash and 30% status chance.

Give em sum luv ;-;