Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gta V Or Fallout 4?

Nah_NotReally

I feel like buying a game, but I'm not sure which I should get. I only want to spend money on 1 game, so buying both of them just isn't going to happen any time soon. Which should I buy?

Use this Poll please.

I've never played a Fallout game before, but the general gaming community makes it seem like it's mind crushingly awesome, but I love GTA games and I know GTA will be fun and give me stuff to do even when I'm bored in the game a long ways down the line.

Update:

3zqoRH9.png

Edited by Joenorthrup

GTA V is the better choice as far as i'm concerned.

much more to do in the long run, and the best part is it isn't running on an Engine that's about as technically advanced as... games from 1998.

Bethesda does great world building, but all of that is showered in a layer of garbage.

GameStop

gross.

don't give that useless Store money. please. people need to stop giving them money when they treat their Customers like horse s... on fire.

GTA V, I played twice that game... TWICE and I still find it decently enjoying. Fallout 4 has a terrible launch with very poor optimization, a lot of bugs and just isn't worth it for a full price. 

Buy GTA V now, and after couple of months get Fallout 4 if you feel like it, since it will be patched and maybe even get some sweet mods.

Well, GTA V is a very strong entry in the franchise, and restored a lot of features that IV took away from San Andreas. I haven't been as much in love with the Fallout franchise (from 3 and later) as I want to be... Each installment to me personally has felt like Elder Scrolls with less character customization, smaller worlds, less mysticism, and a post-apocalyptic texture slapped on it.

So in my honest opinion, GTA V. 

Neither, they kill and use re-theoretical examples of people.

I don't like gta5, it's slow, and it's clearly copy and paste with a money hog like super smash bro wii U/3ds

I don't like fallout, since you are so slow in a mech.

I only like some aspects of fallout 4 or gta5, however they fall short to what I prefer.
Gta5-same thing, no true mods, no hacking allowed(And you have to work to get money by stealing cars and stuff.)
In the end you are doing the same thing, except this time, you have mods and that's it.
Fallout 4- Just came out, looks nice, but I don't like it's graphics...it's too bland and the ammount of items and tools(mainly props) are minimal, I don't know why people like it, sure you are in a mech, but....it costs money to maintain, and there is a bug exploit on xbox one to get unlimited cash and supplies from a retailer.

*Ahem* Grand Theft Fallout. *ahem*

No one *Ahem* after anything has been said, unless he is going to repeat himself.

And yes, I'm going to be shredded by a hate storm, but this is my aweSOME opinion.

Edited by Magnulast

GTAV has an amazing open world and some decent modding capabilities, as well as a decent engine, but the Online portion is filled with cheaters, microtransactions, and grinding that makes Warframe look not so bad in comparison, not to mention the questionable tactics Rockstar has done with GTAO.

I haven't played Fallout 4, or any Fallout game other than NV, so I can't for sure, but from what it seems the engine is almost 2 decades old, and the Pc version has some weird limitations. I would personally wait until the modding tools come out for Fallout 4, then pick it up, because if Skyrim is anything to go by, there will be some kick@$$ mods for Fallout 4.

Your question is... killing for pleasure or killing to survive....hmmm, I don't kill to survive, I kill for the sole purpose of pleasure. 

Edited by Guest

I'm running on lower than recommended rig.

From my personal experience in FO4, it does have some frame rate issues especially when going indoors and I've crashed in certain times. Although I've heard almost everyone else complain about the frame rate issues and I've had another frame state that he crashed while doing a main quest. I've already finished the main quest but I haven't discovered everything just yet.

Get GTA V because I haven't heard as many of performance issues from anyone. FO4's not exactly worth it unless it's your only game on the list, wait for better optimization before getting it.

Your question is... killing for pleasure or killing to survive....hmmm, I don't kill to survive, I kill for the sole purpose of pleasure. 

Handsome Jack would approve, but Pipboy shakes his Big Boy inspired head in disapproval.

As per the question, if you like both games, get them both on sale if possible of course. Fallout 4 is just a reskinned Skyrim which was a reskinned Fallout 3, which was a reskinned Oblivion which you get the idea but modders have shown remarkable skill in making the Bethesda games interesting and crazy in their own right like putting Space Marines into Fallout 3 or making Randy Savage dragons for Skyrim. GTAV has a similarly talented fanbase but has you running around the criiminal life of a modernesque city. I liked the original Fallouts so I would probably vote for Bethesda's Fallout 4 even if they don't really understand the setting but GTA is good for a mayhem riddled lark.