The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Alert Requirements [Megathread]

XxCurtennoxX

This is going to be a nightmare and god only knows it's going to get worse once it's needed for more things than Wukong. Some people are defending it now but I'm curious to see if they still are when people are hoarding these things because they worry the newest weapons might need it leaving research high and dry.

Feel bad for anyone who buys it for plat before they eventually nerf it down.

Feel bad for anyone who buys it for plat before they eventually nerf it down.

Thankfully they did fix things with Hydroid and to a lesser extent Mesa. When people complained about those two everyone called those who complained entitled whiners but history proves that those grinds were too much and DE did eventually change them.

Edited by Generalsherman

how does this make you feel?

Actually it makes me feel pretty excited to check the alerts on Deathsnacks waiting for that next Alertium to show up. The research requirements aren't that bad. I wager I'll have every part of "Woo-Kang" finished before we finish the damn Knux... STILL.

Oh I am well aware of what Ubisoft has done and I have fought them at every point I could manage. 

However this company is not Ubisoft and I have a higher standard for it.

I do not care how good they are compared to other companies. This is not about comparisons this is about nipping the problem in the bud.

Bad things are still bad and should be nipped in the bud before they have a chance to cause big problems. A bit late for that for awhile now isn't it? In fact it has been late for quite some time.

This is not a conspiracy theory it is a visible trend and you can see it if you just look.

You would be salty too if you watched things deteriorate for two years. Sure some things get better but the RNG has steadily gotten worse and every time they say they will try to fix the RNG they just take two steps backwards and make it worse. I do not like less than truthful statements.

Yet whenever I point such things out they like you dismiss me as a "conspiracy theorist". You say I should stop insulting people? Then stop insulting me.

DE has made mistakes I'll give you that, this resource is among one. But I do have to agree with Kalenath, DE does listen and they do fix. I dont know you well enough to call you a conspiracy theorist but I will say to cut them a little slack. I am in no way happy with this resource drop but I am not talking down to them either. I am providing feedback which I think is the reason these forums were developed. My thought is you came off possibly attacking DE (I did not see this, but that is what I imagine with the post you just replied to). Dont cast blame, and dont come off hostile, just provide your feedback and let it go I'd say.

As for holding DE to a higher standard, I have learned never to hold anything to a standard because you will always be disappointed. Never expect something from anyone, just go with the flow.

DE has made mistakes I'll give you that, this resource is among one. But I do have to agree with Kalenath, DE does listen and they do fix. I dont know you well enough to call you a conspiracy theorist but I will say to cut them a little slack. I am in no way happy with this resource drop but I am not talking down to them either. I am providing feedback which I think is the reason these forums were developed. My thought is you came off possibly attacking DE (I did not see this, but that is what I imagine with the post you just replied to). Dont cast blame, and dont come off hostile, just provide your feedback and let it go I'd say.

As for holding DE to a higher standard, I have learned never to hold anything to a standard because you will always be disappointed. Never expect something from anyone, just go with the flow.

they will only fix it after roughly a year, like hydroid and mesa, when most of the people complained already gets through the miserable grind

they will only fix it after roughly a year, like hydroid and mesa, when most of the people complained already gets through the miserable grind

I never said they were quick about it. Some things they are pretty quick with when it comes to complaints though. Like The prisma skana for 1. When it wasnt available from Baro for consoles, they fixed it within 30 minutes (That is the fastest I have seen a fix implemented). Some things are quicker than others but they do eventually get around to it.

I think its just sad to talk down to them for it. Just give your feedback and be done with it. That's all

Edited by (PS4)Knuckles2184

One of the Devstreams steave said we want to reduce the grind.Its more like we want to keep the grind wall and lie to our players about it. Hope your haveing fun lying steave. I will take it back if starchart 3.0 fixs this lie otherwise i may quit. I do not like devs that lie like that un cool, but then again i guess in the end its all who you trust.

Lets also not forget that a lot of games out there only get a maximum of 2 updates and done. There is no forum to complain and if there is they dont listen. After that second update, it is too bad so sad.

Talking down to them or trying to make them feel bad is not going to give desired results. I have looked through these forums and seen a lot of negative comments in the past. If I were them it wouldnt motivate me to do anything about it when all I see is people passing judgement. Negativity is no way to motivate someone. Positive engagement is.

One of the Devstreams steave said we want to reduce the grind.Its more like we want to keep the grind wall and lie to our players about it. Hope your haveing fun lying steave. I will take it back if starchart 3.0 fixs this lie otherwise i may quit. I do not like devs that lie like that un cool, but then again i guess in the end its all who you trust.

^^ I see someone just made my point for me.. How in the world does anyone expect a post like this to motivate? That is not motivation, that is just flat out negative judgement. If someone posted this to my forum about a game I made, I would probably just giggle and completely disregard it.

Edited by (PS4)Knuckles2184

Lets also not forget that a lot of games out there only get a maximum of 2 updates and done. There is no forum to complain and if there is they dont listen. After that second update, it is too bad so sad.

Talking down to them or trying to make them feel bad is not going to give desired results. I have looked through these forums and seen a lot of negative comments in the past. If I were them it wouldnt motivate me to do anything about it when all I see is people passing judgement. Negativity is no way to motivate someone. Positive engagement is.

^^ I see someone just made my point for me.. How in the world does anyone expect a post like this to motivate? That is not motivation, that is just flat out negative judgement. If someone posted this to my forum about a game I made, I would probably just giggle and completely disregard it.

Well how should people react when DE repeatedly screws things up? React with "giggly happy feelings"?

It is far harder than it is worth to stay positive when you have watched the game deteriorate in many ways for two years straight.

Going with the flow is exactly what I discourage. Stand out and resist bad changes. Make it known that bad changes to the game will not be tolerated and anyone that argues against you should expect an argument and resistance.

You know, attacking DE seems to be a claim allot of people use against me. I am not attacking DE per se. I am attacking their methods in relation to this game. Supposedly that is against the rules but I think that those rules just encourage censorship of people that are critical of DE's methods. However I will not go into that.

I tell you from experience that the moment that you give anyone any slack is the moment when they take advantage of that and force you to give them more slack. Take the ever increasing grind for example. DE has been steadily increasing it and it increases drastically every time people like me fall silent because they don't reduce the grind in a reasonable amount of time and we give up on it because they simply ignore our feedback. 

I am sick and tired of it.

What I'm most irritated about is that this is such a lazy delay tactic. Will we ever need Nitain extracts or injector fragments for anything else anytime soon? Of course not. 

Does anyone remember Orokin Ciphers? The thing you needed to start Mirage's quest and was said to be able to "bypass Orokin encryptions" with which DE did f-all? (I'm kind of certain they forgot they even put it in the game.) 

These time-gate resources that serve no other purpose than gating a new thing and get abandoned after the first few weeks of buzz is part of the reason why so many have criticized DE for being short-sighted developers who start one project and never finish it. The game is littered with these meaningless single-use single-purpose resources. 

DE, please, I get it, your game is full of hardcore farmers and you don't want people to burn through stuff right away, but 6 days of clan research is enough time, this is unnecessary. 

I have taken some thought into it now

after reading what some people have said

It does punish people who dont happen to have the extra time to play

I think that if this is going to be kept, we need to make some changes. I think these might be interesting/good

- Alerts give 3/5 extracts

- Extracts can be obtained via scans from an organism (like how the flowers were) and a given number of scans will yield 1 extract that take 1 minute to build NO 12/24 HOUR CRAP

- lower the cost of clan research

-allow extractors that are sent to uranus to retrieve extracts (make it rare tho)

I think DE should be allowed to release 1 or 2 frames every now and then thats hard to obtain. I see no problem with it.

People are acting like their life won't go on unless they get to build Wukong in 3 days.

He's a frame from China, they decided to make him hard to get. We're also getting an archer frame soon and Atlas wasnt too difficult. ..yet people are ready to burn DE offices down for Wukong.

I think DE should be allowed to release 1 or 2 frames every now and then thats hard to obtain. I see no problem with it.

People are acting like their life won't go on unless they get to build Wukong in 3 days.

He's a frame from China, they decided to make him hard to get. We're also getting an archer frame soon and Atlas wasnt too difficult. ..yet people are ready to burn DE offices down for Wukong.

The bigger issue if the new method of getting this resource and what it could mean down the line. Right now it's just Wukong but what's to stop them from making it the new big resource for building a ton of new weapons and warframes? What if Sayrn Prime requires it? What if people hoard these things fearing they may need them for new weapons or frames instead of contributing towards research?

Look at Argon. It started with just the fancy new swords and now look at how often it's included in build requirements for the newest gear. For those not willing to constantly stay on and check Warframe Alerts this could potentially snowball into something much worse than slightly slowing down getting one Frame.