Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong Primal Fury Is Broken. Power Range Not Working

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I made a post in the bug forum a few days ago, I tested primal fury thoroughly with a clan mate with and without range mods and or primed reach. After we were done I watched the videos from those matches and although his staff did grow some it was maybe a fifth of the size of the China frame gifs and even with a nine out of 10 primed reach the hit detection seemed to only register at what the initial cast length of the staff was. meaning that with or without reach or primed reach the hit detection of his staff will only register at the size in which the staff spawns in at, and the subsequent growth of the staff does not move the hit box out to the new extended size. Even after getting high Melee combo multiplier I think 3 times multiplier was the highest I remember seeing The size of the staff was nowhere close to what we saw in the China frame gifs and if an absurdly high melee combo count is what is needed to make his staff the same size as China frames there is no way you will legitimately reach that point in any sort of decent team setting.

Edited by (PS4)TEKKENGOD420

Something I just noticed is that the base range is affected by the melee weapon you equip, so equipping the Orthos Prime is generally your best bet at getting high range

Actually Tipedo would be best as of now. Tipedo keeps the attack speed jsut over 1 with spoiled strike and without the need of fury allowing a higher dmg output. Also it's a good candidate for crit mods.

Edited by rawr1254

What are you guys blabbering about? Primal Fury is working exactly as intended. I mean, look at the ability stat, it says "+20% melee range" at max rank. What do you understand from that? That the melee range is supposed to be 20% higher than default and you can increase this 20% with range mods. Primed Reach is also working as intended, giving it a reach of about 3m. That is all.

Oh, and don't get me started about that gif, it looks to me like some damage frame killed all of them before Wu even swung its staff.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

What are you guys blabbering about? Primal Fury is working exactly as intended. I mean, look at the ability stat, it says "+20% melee range" at max rank. What do you understand from that? That the melee range is supposed to be 20% higher than default and you can increase this 20% with range mods. Primed Reach is also working as intended, giving it a reach of about 3m. That is all.

Oh, and don't get me started about that gif, it looks to me like some damage frame killed all of them before Wu even swung its staff.

I think you need to hit up an optometrist man, that is very clearly not what happened at all lol. Additionally, range mods do literally nothing. 3x combo counter with OE+Stretch+Maxed Primed Reach hits 4-5m in front of you. Maxed Narrowminded with no P Reach hits 4-5m in front of you with no combo counter. They literally have no effect.

Welp just gonna let ya know your wrong... It's 20% melee range yes, but that's per hit. And I dont THINK its supposed to cap at Primed Reaches range. So it's not like if you had 20% youd need 145% on your Primed reach cause it'd make it to 165% with just over 8 hits with no range mods.

-----------

I THINK it'd also be good to PLAY the frame before making that assumption :D

Edited by rawr1254

What I'm more sad about is the fact DE hasn't commented about it yet.

They noticed it. We might get tweaks tomorrow. If not, than they think the Chinese clip's Primal Fury is OP, and I agree.

For the record, just because something is overpowered doesn't mean everything can/should be.

That is, don't say primal fury should be buffed due to the blandant OPness of EB.

I do agree that this should be addressed. A caped range is at hand, no doubt on that. but no range bonus whatsoever is purely bugged.

Welp just gonna let ya know your wrong... It's 20% melee range yes, but that's per hit. And I dont THINK its supposed to cap at Primed Reaches range. So it's not like if you had 20% youd need 145% on your Primed reach cause it'd make it to 165% with just over 8 hits with no range mods.

-----------

I THINK it'd also be good to PLAY the frame before making that assumption :D

Where does it say it needs to increase with 20% per hit? Because I don't see it. Oh, and I just did 65 mins in solo T4 survival with him.

Where does it say it needs to increase with 20% per hit? Because I don't see it. Oh, and I just did 65 mins in solo T4 survival with him.

Omg here we go again...I solod something so I must be better than you...anyway, the range of the staff increases with the melee multiplier. It does not however at this time because the skill is bugged. So why don't you see it? You most likely are running a weapon with Primed reach so the staff with not extend with primed reach on. The extension of the staff is very obvious without a primed reach mod on.

Omg here we go again...I solod something so I must be better than you...anyway, the range of the staff increases with the melee multiplier. It does not however at this time because the skill is bugged. So why don't you see it? You most likely are running a weapon with Primed reach so the staff with not extend with primed reach on. The extension of the staff is very obvious without a primed reach mod on.

But it does extend with Primed Reach.

Yes it does. But visually it does not go past the range that Primed Reach makes it. Idk if this will be changed when his bugs are fixed, I hope it does though.

^ I second this. Definitely the case. But theres also the issue where pulling off combos cant be really done reliably , i dont know if DE were even really interested in releasing the monkey king, with so many bugs/problems and little to no feedback from the devs.

^ I second this. Definitely the case. But theres also the issue where pulling off combos cant be really done reliably , i dont know if DE were even really interested in releasing the monkey king, with so many bugs/problems and little to no feedback from the devs.

In terms of combos the difficulty of only the pause combo is the problem the hold combo can be done very easily just like the right click combo. My beef is with the hold combo. With the hold combo if you're moving you dont dash forward in the combo, if you do the combo without moving you dash forward. Im GUESSING this is also a bug which is kinda annoying cause that thrust forward is very helpful and its a pain it limits you to having to not move just to have the thrust.

Aren't you the one how assumed I never even played with it? So, when I do play with it I am showing off?

The range is supposed to increase, the range is not supposed to increase, who knows......  Either way, he is already high-damage and immortal so I don't really care beyond this point. Anything more than this will just make him a target for salt and future nerfs, so you should be thankful with his current OPness level.

What I'm more sad about is the fact DE hasn't commented about it yet.

If you want DE to answer the best way to get that to happen is by PMing your issue and relevant thread to a dev or Rebecca.

If you're just waiting for them to notice it ain't gonna happen. Not consistently at least.

Aggressive marketing to get noticed and all that.

Edited by Ziegrif

Aren't you the one how assumed I never even played with it? So, when I do play with it I am showing off?

The range is supposed to increase, the range is not supposed to increase, who knows......  Either way, he is already high-damage and immortal so I don't really care beyond this point. Anything more than this will just make him a target for salt and future nerfs, so you should be thankful with his current OPness level.

A bug is a bug , just because you feel he is OP , doesnt magically make his range bugs fixed.

Ok...again you don't know how the frame you're playing as works. The range DOES increase with melee multiplier. This is a fact. And it has been visually proven.

Currently he is not even at his highest possible damage because strength mods dont work on him either. You could put on max strength and still hit the same damage with Primal Fury. The only thing affecting damage right now is the melee mods you choose to use.

He is currently immortal yes, but again this is bugged. Defy is supposed to decrease your energy pool by 75% but it doesn't. So again, bug.

---------------

Please don't make assumptions without learning the truth, and if you DO make assumptions, don't rage when someone tells you that you're wrong. Instead listen to the other person, test it yourself, and figure out that they were right and you weren't.

Edited by rawr1254

Please don't make assumptions without learning the truth, and if you DO make assumptions, don't rage when someone tells you that you're wrong. Instead listen to the other person, test it yourself, and figure out that they were right and you weren't.

Defy reduces your  health AND energy to 75% at first (no matter how much of it you have), then it decreases with every subsequent activation, until you get like 10 health and 10 energy after around 10 "deaths" in a row. I field tested him heavily, so I can assure you it works as intended. May I ask where you get that "info" of yours? Why are you so sure it is so correct?

Ok...again you don't know how the frame you're playing as works. The range DOES increase with melee multiplier. This is a fact. And it has been visually proven.

Currently he is not even at his highest possible damage because strength mods dont work on him either. You could put on max strength and still hit the same damage with Primal Fury. The only thing affecting damage right now is the melee mods you choose to use.

He is currently immortal yes, but again this is bugged. Defy is supposed to decrease your energy pool by 75% but it doesn't. So again, bug.

---------------

Oh, and Power Strength DOES affect Primal Fury damage. Just to be sure, I tested it it 100% and 250% str and an unmodded melee weapon. The difference is huge. 

And again, Defy does NOT decrease your health and energy by 75%, but to 75% of the max. So, at the first activation, if you had max energy, you will get to 75% energy instantly. At the second subsequent one is around 65%, then 55% and so on.  Read the description properly next time. And do an extensive field test.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

Defy heals for 75% Max on PS4, not lowers Max health to 75%

Easily test-able if you life Strike after Defy saved you.

If same active Defy the amount healed is 75% of last heal...continually diminishing unless Defy is recast.

I meant 75% of your max health, same with energy, so yeah.

Didn't see any changes for WuKong other than Screen Shake on Staff Jabs for WuKong only rather than all Tenno.

Did anything get changed in regards to Range or Damage(Power Strength) for the PC Tenno?

Idk but I cant dash in cloud walker anymore :\ nerf nerf nerf

Idk but I cant dash in cloud walker anymore :\ nerf nerf nerf

So Dash in Cloud Walker (I assume you mean the roll and/or Sprint mods) is not working.

-Or do you mean there is no longer the short sprint boost in Cloud Walker?

But Iron Jab and Primal Fury are still functioning the same as Worldwide launch and not the Super China-Range?