The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc: Second Dream Teaser/hype Megathread [Spoilers]

[DE]Megan

Being an overtime workhorse(typically unaccompanied with proper overtime pay, as your comment about contracts and irrelevancy of hours, appears to indicate for your own position.) is arguably exploitative, habitually life draining, and overall a bad work practice that is becoming too much of a trend, not anything to be proud of being the norm. I also do consistent overtime, but I don't feel jealousy at another outfit that doesn't necessarily have to be as strict, I work toward similar relief. One should want a fairer, non sweatshop work environment. This is also an entertainment product, not some obligatory infrastructure, cold assembly line outlook kills presentation, general artistic spark and the goal of fun to be had from the product, in the crib.

A day delay is a small pittance.

Thank you for contrasting the crap above. Though I initially thought it barely worth responding to as its as childish as he tries to combat, you've hit enough points in a more patient tone. I work with surgeons, doctors, nurses, aides, many of whom 'need' to do overtime. There's a difference between dedication and S#&$ty business practices that happen to have room for possible extra money for employers. WF is a product, yes, but it is not a necessary one in the least. Its entertainment, even if at times that entertainment may be near as vital as medicines and other relief some depend on. I've worked in game development in the us - there are tons of companies that don't even offer overtime because of the way the industry labels some of the business, but I've seen people work more non-mandatory overtime in this field than plenty others, on par with the nurses that live bleed and cry with dedication to make sure that their product, their people, are looked after.

I will never praise the practice of mandatory overtime at large, but I will show appreciation to those who choose to stay behind when they could come back to it later on, and well really, any who work hard to make things happen. To not show appreciation for something one is involved with and want the best for employers, even if they do things that at times drive you crazy on a daily basis, is plainly dumb and illwilled. I'm not going to wish being stuck at the office on someone while locked in a state of frenzy and frustration while they probably overtax their brains ans bodies. Yes, there may be indication something about the creative and development processes may need to change, but still, overtime is not a thing that should happen or be expected.

Really...praise an entire country irrelevant to a conversation lol.

Still, I'm glad there was a conversation, even if it is one that doesn't need to continue. I'm going to continue to hope DE is sleeping, or gets in some good snoozes at the end of this day after its possible release. Yes, DE design decisions make me go, wtf why, often enough, but hey, I also have a family full of humans that makes me do that - I'm still going to hope for the best for them.

When we had info about update being late it was 2 a.m. in my country.
And i found that Digital extremes are in Toronto and difference is 7 hours.
As Rebecca said U18 will be launched at night and it is 5 a.m. at Toronto.
So can you guys explain am i mistaken about the time?

You mean 3-5 hours left?

At this point it's all in the wind, so we get it when we get it.

I'm not too worried, they may come out late with major updates but they never disappoint and always keep their community up to date. Which is a lot better than some other companies.

Ive xhecked in every day sometimes twice a day and theres still one or two I dont recognise. and dont think I turned ina code for.. Uggh .. Howd I miss it?

Theres no way to recover those is there?

Mann I thought I might actually complete one of these things

Edited by IamPatMaN

Being an overtime workhorse(typically unaccompanied with proper overtime pay, as your comment about contracts and irrelevancy of hours, appears to indicate for your own position.) is arguably exploitative, habitually life draining, and overall a bad work practice that is becoming too much of a trend, not anything to be proud of being the norm. I also do consistent overtime, but I don't feel jealousy at another outfit that doesn't necessarily have to be as strict, I work toward similar relief. One should want a fairer, non sweatshop work environment. This is also an entertainment product, not some obligatory infrastructure, cold assembly line outlook kills presentation, general artistic spark and the goal of fun to be had from the product, in the crib.

A day delay is a small pittance.

I don't feel jealousy nor hatred. But I take pride in myself to get the job done when it needs to and be dedicated enough to stay till the end to get it done to the best of my abilities. I understand many who don't share my values and I doubt you'll ever see things from my PoV.

The main difference is you feel that people should be appreciated for working overtime to perform a role they were originally paid to do while I feel that this is part of their job they were paid to do anyway. Appreciation to me comes when the job is well done. 

And make no mistake. Entertainment or not, a job is a job. Paid or unpaid. If you take a job, you should be responsible to it (whatever responsibility that role entails).