Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Whole Immortal Thing Makes Zero Sense.

BoyTitan

If we are immortal due to this whole are real self is in the oro crap why is it our kubrow can die and come back also. They should just stay dead when they die in missions by that logic. Heck how does reviving a kubrow even work. I always found the immortal thing silly but the companions make it seem really silly.

Their the ones that put game logic in the plot not me...

I was just trying to be funny, but on a more serious note, a lot of games have their little inconsistencies in game logic in order to make the game more fun or beneficial to the player. Take the fallout games for instance, your companions should not be able to get up again from a hail of bullets or a deathclaw swipe to the face, but they do because it is for the player use.

Lorewise I read it as the same reason the "Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAKE!" quotes are actually non-canon: in reality your Tenno would never mess up like you do as the player, and so any mission failures as your Tenno sees just don't happen.

At least as solo/complete failures go, for team play and Kubrow pickup I picture it being something of an unsaid implication of your allies getting you/you getting your kubrow and carrying you/it to safety. Gamewise that's not done because it would be tedious and everyone would hate it, but story-wise I'd see that as the most logical answer. Or it may just again come back down to "this didn't actually happen because a REAL Tenno wouldn't screw this up".

Edited by Morec0

I believe that the oro is not a guarantee for survival, and there are ways to kill someone who has it.(see mirage)

Anyway, when reviving someone in a bleed out state its not really reviving them, as they are in the process of bleeding out and are not yet dead.  Rather you are healing them.

Anyway, when all else fails just remember: Space Magic.

I believe that the oro is not a guarantee for survival, and there are ways to kill someone who has it.(see mirage)

Anyway, when reviving someone in a bleed out state its not really reviving them, as they are in the process of bleeding out and are not yet dead.  Rather you are healing them.

Anyway, when all else fails just remember: Space Magic.

Totes. We CAN survive death, doesn't mean we always WILL.

Sounds more like someone wants a QoL update on what exactly death is to a tenno which is more of a lore thing than a game function when it comes to the OP's points.

If anything the fact that Tenno are so hard to kill would mean they take death even harder than we do - not to mention it's rather unclear in regards to if we're even able to reproduce or not (I like to think we can't).

Nekros is described as being "the Tenno incarnation of shaman", and I like to think that might have some implications to the Tenno belief system - a sense of the soul maybe not living on but being greater than the body, that they are the sum of the soul and all else is but a transition and everything can be solved by a proper application and care of the soul. I can see Tenno deaths being seen as a loss or moving on of the soul, and thus a loss of that Tenno.

Lorewise I read it as the same reason the "Snake? Snake!? SNAAAAKE!" quotes are actually non-canon: in reality your Tenno would never mess up like you do as the player, and so any mission failures as your Tenno sees just don't happen.

At least as solo/complete failures go, for team play and Kubrow pickup I picture it being something of an unsaid implication of your allies getting you/you getting your kubrow and carrying you/it to safety. Gamewise that's not done because it would be tedious and everyone would hate it, but story-wise I'd see that as the most logical answer. Or it may just again come back down to "this didn't actually happen because a REAL Tenno wouldn't screw this up".

On various instances, Lotus mentions Tennos who failed missions. The only example on the top of my head is when fighting normal Alad V, she says he made Zanuka from fallen Tennos, and Alad V pretty much implies he made Zanuka from other Tennos who fought him and failed. "The profit" trailer also shows an Excalibur being executed by Alad V and Mag was the next. If he made a contraption explicitly to cut Tennos into pieces, it's probably because he already captured and killed more Tennos to sell their parts. So yes, Tennos failing missions and getting killed/captured is canon.

On various instances, Lotus mentions Tennos who failed missions. The only example on the top of my head is when fighting normal Alad V, she says he made Zanuka from fallen Tennos, and Alad V pretty much implies he made Zanuka from other Tennos who fought him and failed. "The profit" trailer also shows an Excalibur being executed by Alad V and Mag was the next. If he made a contraption explicitly to cut Tennos into pieces, it's probably because he already captured and killed more Tennos to sell their parts. So yes, Tennos failing missions and getting killed/captured is canon.

Oh, precisely, and there ARE Tenno that failed missions and they were lost. As difficult as we may be to kill, we CAN get caught, fail, and die - again, Mirage.

But YOU, by virtue of people the player character, will NEVER have that happen. Because you're the player character, and if you lost and died the game would have to end. Hence any defeat of you is non-canon, while the defeat of non-player-Tenno can totes happen.

If we are immortal due to this whole are real self is in the oro crap why is it our kubrow can die and come back also. They should just stay dead when they die in missions by that logic. Heck how does reviving a kubrow even work. I always found the immortal thing silly but the companions make it seem really silly.

its a game *facedesk* ofc its like that

Oh, precisely, and there ARE Tenno that failed missions and they were lost. As difficult as we may be to kill, we CAN get caught, fail, and die - again, Mirage.

But YOU, by virtue of people the player character, will NEVER have that happen. Because you're the player character, and if you lost and died the game would have to end. Hence any defeat of you is non-canon, while the defeat of non-player-Tenno can totes happen.

Oh you're right i misunderstood you. That makes sense.

I feel this is appropriate:

space-magic%2B1.jpg

And there's also a healthy dosage of this. The Void's LITERALLY described as "that hellspace where our science and reason failed" so, really, trying to apply too much SciFi to it's kinda... dumb. That's sort of what I like about it, though, it adds a layer of mysticism to the Tenno that I really like as a part of them - I wish they'd embrace it further.

When a Tenno or Kubrow "dies" in battle, their suits have an emergency revive function (as mentioned in the Mirage quest) that can bring them back from the brink of death. A Kubrow that dies from toxin buildup can't be revived, since it would just immediately start dying again.