The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are Specters Good For

Deidaku

Question

25 answers to this question

I get the most use out of Specters in Defense missions, but they could also be useful for Interceptions and Mobile Defense. The ability to set them to hold a position helps in case you need to venture away from a particular area to do something else. For example, just earlier today I was doing a Mobile Defense alert and someone had a Synthesis target appear when we loaded in. I threw out one of my Specters and had him hold the first spot with the group while I ran off to go get the Synthesis target. It's just a little bit more firepower, depending on what you bring.

EDIT: Almost forgot, if you have Shield Osprey Specters from Cephalon Suda or Ancient Healer Specters from New Loka, their utility adds defensive bonuses to anybody nearby the defense point. Extra shields and radial healing can sometimes be the difference between life and death.

Edited by BlaineKodos

WAAAAAAAAAAAAR YOH

Anyways 

And do support nad healing powers wor on you if warframe specters use them? Do they even use their powers?

They will occasionally use powers, but only the first two, in my experience. Also worth noting, they scale with enemies! So if you're up against a level 90 Crewman, throw down a Vapour Spectre and you'll find that the spectre will be level 90 too!

I find them to be a godsend, especially the Ancient Healer Spectres and Shield Osprey Spectres! However, these two can only be acquired by our two favourite Syndicate assassins, New Loka and Cephalon Suda!

Or if you're allied with them, buy 5 for 2,500 standing.

They can indeed be usefull in just about any mission where you need a little backup, though in some extra high level areas mine tend to die quite fast.

A few nice tips about Tenno specters:

Specters can receive most buffs just like any other ally, which means you can heal/protect them if they get hurt.

If they dont take too much damage when they go down, you can revive them if you act quickly.

They do not account for travel time when aiming, so projectile weapons have decreased effectiveness in *some* situations, (it's often fine.)

They like to reload often, so you might not want to give them a high reload time weapon.

They use their powers, (usually 1or2) but do not use them reliably, Dont count on it.

They scale with mission level, better specters get a level boost.

They dont use mods, so never give them a crit weapon. it's sad to see a specter running around with a soma.

They will melee if in range, and can preform finishers, and they do good damage.

They are more reliable then syndicate specters, especially when moving, which, you usually are in warframe. (they have better AI)

They only use their 2ndary when downed.

They are not acquired by RNG, it's based on how you complete the rescue mission.

Personally I tend to just make a large amount of vapor/phase specters then use them occasionally, since they cost less then the better ones.

Made my day

But yeah, Im not entirely sure how they work as well. I dont know what the conditions are for them use abilities (dont think ive ever seen a spectre use its ult)

I do know they have incredible accuracy, so I put weapons like the opticor on mine

Edited by spacerocks

In what mission types do you use them the most ? or in what situations?

Typically, they're really good for endgame stuff, like running crazy hour-long survival runs, defense missions at 40+ waves, even raids. You wouldn't really want to burn them on lower-tier missions, but they can be livesavers in endless missions where you're planning to go for the long haul.

But yeah, Im not entirely sure how they work as well. I dont know what the conditions are for them use abilities (dont think ive ever seen a spectre use its ult)

I do know they have incredible accuracy, so I put weapons like the opticor on mine

I thought spectres wouldn't charge weapons, so that reduces the usefulness of a weapon like the opticor, doesn't it?

simply put - long endless missions, when you need some support and something to draw enemy fire/boost shields/heal/etc. Mainly defense, survival camp, interception

Tenno specters use only primary weapon and melee weapon. They cast 1/2/3 abilities, but in diminishing order (1 will be casted the most, 2 rarer, 3 rarest). Ultimates (4) are not being cast by specters

Edited by maumastoks