Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Wukong Research Warframe Will Be The Death Of Innactive Moon Clans And Mountain Clans

(XBOX)She Was Ready

The research of of the new warframe wukong Will destroy almost iinnactive moon clans and mountain clans... I am simply sending my ticket to show my dediaction for the game... Hi im She Was Ready i am the leader of Endeavored Bonds one of the most active clans in xbox one warframe... Allow to explain myself in this analyzation i have made based on the simple facts. It takes about 10 nintain for a bp and part to be built in small ghost clan... Maybe a total of 40 i presume... So lets say that you guys would give an alert every day... I can assume that a ghost clan could probably have a squad of four people.. It would take them a little more than a week or 10 days to get wokung complete if they attended all the alerts and maybe missed like 2 or 3... Now allow me to make the math for my clan... I have 950 members and the most are about 150 and higher are active a day.. When an alert pops up i estimate about 30 to 40 paticipate because the rest are busy... Well you have given us a staggering number of 1100 nintain... If 30 people coonstantly participated everyday... Which i doubt it will because it extremely hard to prioritze 950 plus members... It would take us about 37 days to complete. Those are the statisitice of very well active moon clan.. Were number 2 in the world for kills... Can you imagine putting such a handicap to not so active moon and mountain clan? If they had 50 members which is what a moderate moon clan has of members active and only 15 or 10 particepted it would take them 3 months to complete! The truth is that many not so active moon clans and mountain clans are losing hope at getting the warframe and leaving... Even some of my clan members have left because their fazed and intimidated by the staggering quantity of resources it takes... Why should we mountain and moon clans have such weight to carry on our shoulders. It is an injustice that most be balanced... Either give all clan barracks a fair amount of required quantity for the completion of a research or do not raise the percentage cost of resources when we upgrade... Let a moon clan have the same as a ghost... I beilive thats fair because through the struggle of forming a huge unifiying clan we have earned the right to complete research in a breeze and not a struggle... Thank you for listening to my explanation and proposal... I hope you take them both into consideration good bye

It is said U 18 Clans can down grade back to ghost.

Please think about this... It is very easy to monitor 10 people in a ghost clan... That's 11 nintain.. Meaning that it would take 2 alerts to have wukong complete... In a moon clan it is increased times 100 percent, that is 1000 nintain... De is assuming that all of my 1000 members will be active and playing for the alert when that is practically impossible. That is the expectation of DE which beilive should be lowered. That doesn't just go for moon, but the same statistics in percentage race apply for mountain clans... The percentage raise is to high and it needs to be lowered

They're making that assumption because most people wouldn't promote their clan to the highest tier just to house dead accounts.

Don't worry, you'll be able to downsize tomorrow or the next day and then if those players do come back to the game at a later date, you can reinvite them to the clan and upgrade again as needed.

I'll be kicking roughly half of my clan for being inactive for 30 days or more so we can downsize when U18 hits.

If any of the players removed want back in, they'll be greeted with open arms and someday, we'll upgrade again when our members warrant it.  But right now, we have ~40 members in a 100 member clan and ~15 of them haven't been online in a month or more.

Edited by Noamuth

Please think about this... It is very easy to monitor 10 people in a ghost clan... That's 11 nintain.. Meaning that it would take 2 alerts to have wukong complete... In a moon clan it is increased times 100 percent, that is 1000 nintain... De is assuming that all of my 1000 members will be active and playing for the alert when that is practically impossible. That is the expectation of DE which beilive should be lowered. That doesn't just go for moon, but the same statistics in percentage race apply for mountain clans... The percentage raise is to high and it needs to be lowered

You're also assuming that my ghost clan has 10 people. There are ghost clans that only have 1 person. My ghost clan happens to have 4... and only 2 people including myself helped to build Wukong.

It is not DEs fault that your clan is dead.

Having and maintaining a clan in any game is the responsibility of the player. They're optional.

Edited by (PS4)Xurokhan

Here's the thing I don't understand about all this complaining about clan sizes and research costs....

My ghost clan has only about 2 active players right now, and unfortunately the other player paid for most of the nitan research costs before I got around to it. That means that it took only 10% of the clan's 10 people to do the research.

A moon clan theoretically has at least 100 times the number of players and the research costs are about 100 times what my clan has. However, if around 10% of your players are active then each active player would only need to contribute the same amount as the *one* player that did all the research in my clan. Are your clans seriously less than 10% active?

If you lost more than 90% of your players *after* reaching mountain clan size or something, then I do feel pity for you and hope that the clan downsizing works out well for you. Otherwise, you should have been cleaning house at your clan a long time ago.

Edited by Matrixryu

Here's the thing I don't understand about all this complaining about clan sizes and research costs....

My ghost clan has only about 2 active players right now, and unfortunately the other player paid for most of the nitan research costs before I got around to it. That means that it took only 10% of the clan's 10 people to do the research.

A moon clan theoretically has at least 100 times the number of players and the research costs are about 100 times what my clan has. However, if around 10% of your players are active then each active player would only need to contribute the same amount as the *one* player that did all the research in my clan. Are your clans seriously less than 10% active?

If you lost more than 90% of your players *after* reaching mountain clan size or something, then I do feel pity for you and hope that the clan downsizing works out well for you. Otherwise, you should have been cleaning house at your clan a long time ago.

so you didnt contributed at all to wukong research but anyway you are here saying there are no problems at all related to that pigments yu didnt farmed? LOL

I think it's important to understand that DE didn't want people to use clan downscaling as a loophole for large clans. What is stopping you from downsizing, doing research and then regrowing and re-inviting people back? Hopefully U18 helps relieve the strain but try the following.

Consider making an alliance of smaller clans. Keep the actives in the main clan and less active players in other less active clan groups. This keeps research costs in check and allows the really regulars to gain advantages while the non regulars don't get something for nothing. The upside is that you can stay in community too. Otherwise it just becomes a gateway for freebies and that means DE doesn't get to monetize as it should.

so you didnt contributed at all to wukong research but anyway you are here saying there are no problems at all related to that pigments yu didnt farmed? LOL

I'm a Ghost Clan, and I'm also the only member. Wukong done, with Nitain to spare.

If OP's 150 active members have all worked as hard for Nitain as I, on my own, have, then they'd be at least waiting on the research timer by now. They knew the risks of upgrading their clan size. Zero sympathy.

Edited by (XB1)Yiazzy

I'm a Storm clan. What I hate is that while just a single level below this is 40 in total, my tier has to deal with 100 nitain. And the most active members are also students at college, and this is exam time. That brings us down to maybe 2 or 3 people out of the 20 active that are able to get on and actually grab an alert, if the alert is not during class time, sleeping, or studies.

I'm in a multi-game clan where we have a decent number or members, but not all of them are playing Warframe too often these days. I don't think the answer would be to kick them especially as they are established members of our community, if not on Warframe than other games, or once were important members for Warframe but now not as much. I can see DE's reasoning behind it, but I agree that they are basing it off of the assumption that clans have a high daily active rate when for many that is not the case...they should tone it down at least for the larger clans, where lower active rates are more likely.

I'll admit I'm not too familiar with how things function but.... if high player count is making things hard, why not shuffle members into sub-clans and just form an Alliance?

I'm relatively new to the game, but I am member of one of the smaller(ghost?) clan types made of only friends. This said, if we included all of our friend within the clan we would have to upgrade our membership so instead our different groups run their own small clans, part of the same alliance and thus still in contact with each others for missions and all, so our research costs are as low.

I'll admit I'm not too familiar with how things function but.... if high player count is making things hard, why not shuffle members into sub-clans and just form an Alliance?

I'm relatively new to the game, but I am member of one of the smaller(ghost?) clan types made of only friends. This said, if we included all of our friend within the clan we would have to upgrade our membership so instead our different groups run their own small clans, part of the same alliance and thus still in contact with each others for missions and all, so our research costs are as low.

there are 2 years old Moon clans thats costed HUNDRED formas, plat, MILLION resources and so on, easy that Warlords dont want to waste all the effort they costed

Lol the clan that I'm in (C A S) is a moon clan, so we need A LOT of stuff, but we're already done with the main blueprint of wu kong (or almost, I don't remember if the timer is still running or not). I mean, we're not innactive, but still. We just make some groups as soon as a alert with the nitain shows up and that's it. it was like 2 days of alerts and *boom*, we had everything we need for the research.

Some aren't seeing the big picture.

DE intended for clans to enrich and reward true Warframe Fans and their experience.

Large clans have become a perversion, a cheap end-around for accessing HUGE amounts of free content for players not truly interested in being part of a group. A relatively few dedicated chefs do all the food prep and cooking/baking and the hungry coat-tailers line up, free meal ticket in hand.

DE also deserves the revenue opportunities lost due to the current unintended "Content Grab Effect". A financially healthy game rewards true, long-term fans.

NITAIN SCALING IS NOT PUNISHMENT. IT IS A CORRECTIVE NECESSITY.

So now is the time of Culling. Those who are truly commited beyond a handout will be spared.

Be glad individual monthly credit and plat requirements weren't implemented for clan membership.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Some aren't seeing the big picture.

DE intended for clans to enrich and reward true Warframe Fans and their experience.

Large clans have become a perversion, a cheap end-around for accessing HUGE amounts of free content for players not truly interested in being part of a group. A relatively few dedicated chefs do all the food prep and cooking/baking and the hungry coat-tailers line up, free meal ticket in hand.

DE also deserves the revenue opportunities lost due to the current unintended "Content Grab Effect". A financially healthy game rewards true, long-term fans.

NITAIN SCALING IS NOT PUNISHMENT. IT IS A CORRECTIVE NECESSITY.

So now is the time of Kulling. Those who are truly commited beyond a handout will be spared.

Be glad individual monthly credit and plat requirements weren't implemented for clan membership.

Who decides what a "true Warframe Fan" is?

Seems like a highly arbitrary classification that a lot of people wont fit. This is a video game, not a job.  

Be passionate about it, channel your obsession for good, but don't hold others to the same standard and then punish them when they fail to meet it. 

*culling

Lol the clan that I'm in (C A S) is a moon clan, so we need A LOT of stuff, but we're already done with the main blueprint of wu kong (or almost, I don't remember if the timer is still running or not). I mean, we're not innactive, but still. We just make some groups as soon as a alert with the nitain shows up and that's it. it was like 2 days of alerts and *boom*, we had everything we need for the research.

LOL Storm Clan here, already completed ALL the wukong parts, just need to wait a couple of hrs to get hel, chassis and systems ready to grab.. but.. the world dont turns on you so the problem still for a lot of people

Who decides what a "true Warframe Fan" is?

Seems like a highly arbitrary classification that a lot of people wont fit. This is a video game, not a job.

Be passionate about it, channel your obsession for good, but don't hold others to the same standard and then punish them when they fail to meet it.

*culling

Lol, yes, I changed it. Thinking about Krull and glaives while typing.

I knew the blowback on "Warframe Fan" would be swift but it isn't about judging someone, it's about setting a standard coupled with being a viable part of the F2P revenue model. That's just reality.

Money talks...anything short of that standard means the game dies. Large clans as they are (or were) do not properly enrich the experience to encourage people to spend $, they encourage people to find a way around it.

Don't rise above mountain clan, you'll never get anything built ever. No decorations, no research (requiring alert-only resources. What's up with that?), nothing

Upsizing comes with a cost increase that makes sense on the assumption that greater player count comes with a proportionately increased number of donors on dojo projects

Nope

You were shafted by the system man. Sorry

Lol, yes, I changed it. Thinking about Krull and glaives while typing.

I knew the blowback on "Warframe Fan" would be swift but it isn't about judging someone, it's about setting a standard coupled with being a viable part of the F2P revenue model. That's just reality.

Money talks...anything short of that standard means the game dies. Large clans as they are (or were) do not properly enrich the experience to encourage people to spend $, they encourage people to find a way around it.

So, you're saying that we have to start paying money to prove that we're "True Warframe Fans"?

Why set a standard regarding a players level of dedication?  That makes this less a game and more an obligation. 

I think it's important to understand that DE didn't want people to use clan downscaling as a loophole for large clans. What is stopping you from downsizing, doing research and then regrowing and re-inviting people back? Hopefully U18 helps relieve the strain but try the following.

Consider making an alliance of smaller clans. Keep the actives in the main clan and less active players in other less active clan groups. This keeps research costs in check and allows the really regulars to gain advantages while the non regulars don't get something for nothing. The upside is that you can stay in community too. Otherwise it just becomes a gateway for freebies and that means DE doesn't get to monetize as it should.

Just imagine how much plat it must be to downsize a clan. At least 200p, I say.

There's Trading and all that to make plat, maybe the Clannies can donate to downsize it, but doing that over time will make a pretty big hole in the pockets of people, and they wont want that.

Finding active people is either hard, or they have a dedicated 1-man Clan (My case. And by dedicated I mean, put plat in it. For Emblems at least), or they actually are in an active big clan (I think Pink Giant Octupus is one of those, I dont know what happened to Crescent Moon, I used to run into a member of them once a week at most)

So, you're saying that we have to start paying money to prove that we're "True Warframe Fans"?

Why set a standard regarding a players level of dedication? That makes this less a game and more an obligation.

Why not just do volunteer work instead of getting paid for your skillset? Because financial rewards are a necessity to survival.

Rewarding DE with a voluntary investment IS the truest expression of Warframe Fandom, because it keeps the game alive. Lip service does not. Playing endless hours does not.

Warframe was built on the shoulders of true fans who INVESTED money to grow this game, and if you are offended or upset that those who pay are inherently more important, that's just not relevant.

I bow down to those investing founders who allowed the game to become what it is today.

I'm not purposely trying to offend anyone.

Why not just do volunteer work instead of getting paid for your skillset? Because financial rewards are a necessity to survival.

Rewarding DE with a voluntary investment IS the truest expression of Warframe Fandom, because it keeps the game alive. Lip service does not. Playing endless hours does not.

Warframe was built on the shoulders of true fans who INVESTED money to grow this game, and if you are offended or upset that those who pay are inherently more important, that's just not relevant.

I bow down to those investing founders who allowed the game to become what it is today.

I'm not purposely trying to offend anyone.

Like I said, highly arbitrary. 

Like I said, highly arbitrary.

It's not arbitrary, it's economic reality.

The greatest Warframe fans are those who keep Warframe alive. To keep Warframe alive requires voluntary investments.

Therefore, the greatest Warframe fans financially invest in Warframe.

Any and all other types or interpretations of Warframe fandom, whether perceived as arbitrary or not, cannot exist without them. My thanks for the discussion, Noamuth. I appreciate it.

It's not arbitrary, it's economic reality.

The greatest Warframe fans are those who keep Warframe alive. To keep Warframe alive requires voluntary investments.

Therefore, the greatest Warframe fans financially invest in Warframe.

Any and all other types or interpretations of Warframe fandom, whether perceived as arbitrary or not, cannot exist without them. My thanks for the discussion, Noamuth. I appreciate it.

No, you deciding the a financial investment is the only way to be a true fan is arbitrary.