The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maroo's Bazaar

BrothersGrim017

I think the community can come up with idea's to make this more intuitive. We could use a better way to do the trade system in the Bazaar. After all most of the time the traders are looking for specific things. Just going up to a random Tenno most likely will not have the exact item they are looking for. A way to represent the items up for trade would be great in increasing the value to the trade center. Put pictures of what is up for trade above the player's head WHILE in vendor mode. I think something like that would work.

replace the kiosk with a list of people vending and whats for trade!

Edited by BrothersGrim017

Seems like they could be developed into an escrow system. Join relay to access hub, can list items for X hours for Y credits. The normal tax for receiving items (eg 1mill cred for legendary core) would still apply. Should be able to list things only for Plat and that resource you get for trading in dupe prime pieces (forget the name).

Preferably you would make the timetime very long and for not many credits but limiting listing by mastery level. Additional slots available for some kind of resource up to a hard cap.

In this way you will be able to view what items are available to buy/sell and at what price and also see what items are not available currently.

You would still need dojo/player to player trades in the relays to allow trades which are not for plat.

This is yet another attempt at making trading difficult and unpleasant so that players can't easily trade with each other and many simply give up. It's discouraging trading by intentionally making the experience suck. I find that incredibly distasteful.

Trading is not a fun part of the game. With chat spam and whatever this new monstrosity is (which I'll be completely ignoring like most people), it's a very tedious and unfun part of the game. If not for warframe.market allowing me to trade with significantly less hassle, I likely would have stopped playing Warframe soon after I started.

Please stop trying your hardest to make trading unbearably awful for players. Add a trading feature to the game that doesn't completely suck. Let us get our trades out of the way quickly and efficiently so that we can get back to what we actually want to do: playing the game.

This way, anybody can trade easily.

Ha, "easily."

If not for warframe.market 

Jesus Christ if I love you. Didn't knew of this place.

One of the reason I was just quitting Warframe was the immense waste of time when selling and recruiting other players via the chat.

I owe you one.

I don't know if any of you ever played a Korean mmorpg called "Kalonline". It had an interesting shop method:

You set yourself into shop mode and picked the items to sell and how much you wanted to sell them for. once you had set all item(s) your avatar sat down with a shop name above their head. Now while it was quite crazy to goto an outpost and see thousands of ppl sat down with writing everywhere it got the job done.

I think a similar thing could work in maroo's, when you set yourself in trade mode you can select the items you want to sell and how much/what you want in exchange. I wouldn't want to see the writing everywhere above peoples heads but an option to easily click on people to see what they are selling would be great. 

You could also go into a WTB mode where you put how much plat you want to pay and select from an item list what you are after and then other Tenno can check you and if they agree the deal can be instant..

As it works now it is basically useless, you are better off using the hateful trade channel :(

Edited by spacedkadet

Seems like they could be developed into an escrow system. Join relay to access hub, can list items for X hours for Y credits. The normal tax for receiving items (eg 1mill cred for legendary core) would still apply. Should be able to list things only for Plat and that resource you get for trading in dupe prime pieces (forget the name).

Preferably you would make the timetime very long and for not many credits but limiting listing by mastery level. Additional slots available for some kind of resource up to a hard cap.

In this way you will be able to view what items are available to buy/sell and at what price and also see what items are not available currently.

You would still need dojo/player to player trades in the relays to allow trades which are not for plat.

....so an auction house...

I don't know if any of you ever played a Korean mmorpg called "Kalonline". It had an interesting shop method:

You set yourself into shop mode and picked the items to sell and how much you wanted to sell them for. once you had set all item(s) your avatar sat down with a shop name above their head. Now while it was quite crazy to goto an outpost and see thousands of ppl sat down with writing everywhere it got the job done.

Just like in Ragnarok Online, i really liked that system.

Just like in Ragnarok Online, i really liked that system.

I really liked that market as well. Sellers get to post items at prices they desire the item to be, while not having to worry about inputting a price incorrectly because there is little chance of arbitrage occurring since you can quickly (hopefully) cancel the shop and correct the price. Buyers get to see all the items on sale instead of just what they are looking for, allowing surprises and potential unexpected purchases they never thought of but would like. Also the feeling of finding a seller that is willing to sell it at a relatively low market price.

The chances of artificial inflation(AI) are low since plat isn't farmable and I doubt people would take the risk of trying to produce AI since there would be hundreds if not thousands of afk sellers to look through and hoard.

If DE allows a dual currency option of allowing items to have two prices, plat/credit, then that would need further investigation since credit abundance has too big of a range in the current tenno demographic.

I think a similar thing could work in maroo's, when you set yourself in trade mode you can select the items you want to sell and how much/what you want in exchange. I wouldn't want to see the writing everywhere above peoples heads but an option to easily click on people to see what they are selling would be great. 

You could also go into a WTB mode where you put how much plat you want to pay and select from an item list what you are after and then other Tenno can check you and if they agree the deal can be instant..

As it works now it is basically useless, you are better off using the hateful trade channel :(

I used to play that a lot around 10 years ago.

Due to time and a few moves I stopped playing and the name slipped my mind.

I've spent months trying to remember it / find the name.

Thankyou for your random chance! :D