Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] The Second Dream: Stalker

Kaotyke

At the end, Hunhow's words...

Hunhow: All your dread-long life you waited for this moment... but you're asking yourself... Was I one of those wretched things? You know the answer... You still hate them... you still hate... yourself.

Stalker WAS a Tenno. But he is NO LONGER ONE.

And what happens when he is chocking us? Our Warframe moves on its own! Like in the Rhino Prime Codex.

Stalker... he became the Warframe. No longer an Operator, a Tenno... He was a Tenno before, but now, his mind seems to be fully into the Warframe.

There are still too many questions... but now, I only have pity for the Stalker.

With the movement of the Warframe on its own, it is definitely biological.

I see a guardian thing going on between the Warframe and the Tenno.

I love it.

I hope that's the case with the warframe moving on it's own.

That way our headcannons aren't entirerly destroyed. there is still hope!

Well.. one thing I'm disappointed about is, that we still haven't got slightest clue in what way the Tenno betrayed the Orokin and "slaughtered" them.

I have 2 theories about the Stalker:

1) He is a Tenno who wasn't put to sleep in the same way like we were. He was fully aware of everything and wasn't kept imprisoned in a "second dream".

2) The Stalker is actually a physical manifestation of our subconscious. It represents our sense of guilt and remorse.
There are several things I'd like to point out which I base my theory on:

- Hunhow points out several times that the only way for the Stalker to free himself from his eternal hate and despair is to kill the Operator (himself [suicide])
- Hunhow also states that he is hesitating cause he knows that he used to be like the Tenno. That he hates himself.

- Hunhow always calls him "shadow". He never calls him by his name. I think it means that the Stalker is nothing but a shadow of his former self (the Operator/the Tenno)

- As the Operator/the Tenno looks at his hand in wonder and disbelief - the Stalker does the exact same thing. The operator/the Stalker is confused if the body and his existence itself is actually real or not.

- The warframe moved "on its own", although suffering a fatal wound. It breaks the blade that is inside him and defeats the Stalker.
Now this is a direct metaphor. The blade (which conveniently/"coincidentally" is called "war") stands for the deep psychological and moral conflict that the Tenno had to struggle with. The Operator/the Tenno almost gave in to his inner demons and killed himself because of his guilt, self-hate and despair. But in the end, he manages to overcome his demons defeat his hate and embraces his new role in this world for the good he can do.

[EDIT]
It also explains why our powers don't work on him and why he is always able to find us, wherever we are. Even inside our very own ship.

[/EDIT]

Hope you like my theory.

On another note though: Can anyone confirm if the Stalker still drops his old weapons? Has anyone encountered him outside the quest so far?

Edited by (PS4)ProudOnion

At the end, Hunhow's words...

Hunhow: All your dread-long life you waited for this moment... but you're asking yourself... Was I one of those wretched things? You know the answer... You still hate them... you still hate... yourself.

Stalker WAS a Tenno. But he is NO LONGER ONE.

And what happens when he is chocking us? Our Warframe moves on its own! Like in the Rhino Prime Codex.

Stalker... he became the Warframe. No longer an Operator, a Tenno... He was a Tenno before, but now, his mind seems to be fully into the Warframe.

There are still too many questions... but now, I only have pity for the Stalker.

IMO the relationship between a Tenno and a warframe is symbiotic in nature.  I don't think the suit is entirely mechanical.  I mean we do use some organic parts.  We have a deep bond with the frames.

In the stalkers case i'd imagine something happened to him that probably killed the operator.  But enough emotion and memory imprinted from the operator onto the frame itself.  Which is why it can still move around and have these feelings it has.

I hope the next major update that adds more campaign explains why we slaughtered the orokin.  IMO I think Lotus explained the orokins plot to dispose of them and led them in rebellion against the orokin.  Just my thoughts though.  Don't have anything to back it up.

Curious but,.How did the Stalker become a Rogue? Why he wasn't turned to second dream like us?

That is another un-aswered question. But this confirms that Stalker was once a Tenno.

Maybe he was actually loyal to the Orokin? Lotus said that the Resevoir made him go mad.

One thing we know now: He must have lost his original body and now lives in the Warframe itself.

Curious but,.How did the Stalker become a Rogue? Why he wasn't turned to second dream like us?

Pretty sure that Lotus states at one point that the truth drove the Stalker mad. He probably found his operator somehow and went insane from there. Maybe Stalker saw himself as the frame and despised his other form and by proxy us. His vendeta for the Orokin might just be a excuse.

Ordis: "you are the tenno. you are the operator."... "mantain the @@@@ (i forgot this word). maintain the operator. mobilize the tenno."...

i never though that we are 2 entities

Edited by Zeyez

My question really now revolves around the composition of the frames. What exactly would be the biological part of it? Take a look at Nekros or Equinox and you may note the limbs are extremely thin and that not even our own Operator's arms would fit.

My question really now revolves around the composition of the frames. What exactly would be the biological part of it? Take a look at Nekros or Equinox and you may note the limbs are extremely thin and that not even our own Operator's arms would fit.

Cyborgs, maybe.

and its not like the Tenno is inside the Warframe

Well.. one thing I'm disappointed about is, that we still haven't got slightest clue in what way the Tenno betrayed the Orokin and "slaughtered" them. I have 2 theories about the Stalker: 1) He is a Tenno who wasn't put to sleep in the same way like we were. He was fully aware of everything and wasn't kept imprisoned in a "second dream". 2) The Stalker is actually a physical manifestation of our subconscious. It represents our sense of guilt and remorse.There are several things I'd like to point out which I base my theory on:- Hunhow points out several times that the only way for the Stalker to free himself from his eternal hate and despair is to kill the Operator (himself [suicide])- Hunhow also states that he is hesitating cause he knows that he used to be like the Tenno. That he hates himself.- Hunhow always calls him "shadow". He never calls him by his name. I think it means that the Stalker is nothing but a shadow of his former self (the Operator/the Tenno)- As the Operator/the Tenno looks at his hand in wonder and disbelief - the Stalker does the exact same thing. The operator/the Stalker is confused if the body and his existence itself is actually real or not.- The warframe moved "on its own", although suffering a fatal wound. It breaks the blade that is inside him and defeats the Stalker.Now this is a direct metaphor. The blade (which conveniently/"coincidentally" is called "war") stands for the deep psychological and moral conflict that the Tenno had to struggle with. The Operator/the Tenno almost gave in to his inner demons and killed himself because of his guilt, self-hate and despair. But in the end, he manages to overcome his demons defeat his hate and embraces his new role in this world for the good he can do. [EDIT]It also explains why our powers don't work on him and why he is always able to find us, wherever we are. Even inside our very own ship.[/EDIT] Hope you like my theory.  On another note though: Can anyone confirm if the Stalker still drops his old weapons? Has anyone encountered him outside the quest so far?

I had the very same thoughts concerning Stalker being a subconscious manifestation. If you haven't seen Forbidden Planet, it deals with this very topic. A scientist and his young daughter along with a team of archaeologists discovers a machine from an ancient, advanced civilization now extinct that grants the user whatever he or she desires through energy manipulation. When the team starts getting killed by a horrible, invisible creature a security team is sent in to save the scientist and his daughter...very Freudian.

Also consider another crazy theory...the original weaponized Warframes (as in the VERY first Excaliber, Loki, etc) were built around adult Tenno (hence gender and body type) but were considered too valuable to commit to field combat (fighter pilots die, drone operators do not), or were considered too dangerous due to being adults with free will (who could have escaped!).

Also consider another crazy theory...the original weaponized Warframes (as in the VERY first Excaliber, Loki, etc) were built around adult Tenno (hence gender and body type) but were considered too valuable to commit to field combat (fighter pilots die, drone operators do not), or were considered too dangerous due to being adults with free will (who could have escaped!).

I'm going to modify and expand on this theory.  

The original warframes were actually deployed on the frontlines before transference was developed.  The loss of mirage wouldn't have had that big of an impact on the Lotus.  The original Limbo was actually destroyed rift-walking.  And we might have actually met some of them.  Alad V might've actually found the original Mesa and infected her with technocyte (a different strain, or would it be more like a strep infection, where you always have the bacteria, but when it gets out of hand or a foreign strain enters your system, you get ill?).  Maybe we encounter Chroma himself during The New Strange.  Atlas probably died fighting the Jordas golem.  

And for those of you wondering about the flesh inside your warframe?  They could be the replicated remains or body of the original.

Had a thought, maybe the earlier Stolen Dreams quest implies some Tenno(see above) never experienced the Second Dream?

*if this all seems incoherent and rambling, I apologize.

Edited by Sibericus