Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 18.0.2

[DE]Rebecca

The feature does have a big fat warning every time you view the tree stating that it is in BETA. It is very much a Buyer Beware sort of situation. You knew what you were getting into. You just chose to ignore it.

But there is no tutorial anywhere in the game on how to use it. That warning comes after you have to choose your path. That's a problem.

THE AFFINITY COSTS OF A REVIVE ARE DEMENTED.

I did a 40+ minute T2S solo session with a lensed Ember and Sancti Tigris, for focus farming. I even found a rare crate and a 30-minute booster for affinity. Last I checked I had obtained 10k+ focus

THEN I DIED ONCE. And the cost of the revive was all of the affinity I'd gained so far. WHAT THE S#&$???? I came out of that mission with ZERO focus.

Why did you make reviving so expensive? What possible reasoning could you have for this? It is so unfair.

The same complaints on the Focus cap when syndicates were given the cap, now there are no complaints about those Syndicate caps at all because most people have 'finished' it.

However some players complain now that players have nothing to do with their syndicate Reputation.  Seems like its just the too early I have to have it done now complaints, in 2-3 months some players will be complaining there is nothing to spend focus on anyway.

This is why DE puts caps on these things.

Solution: If you don't want caps stop trying to maximise everything out in a weekend.

Edited by Loswaith

Hotfix 18.0.2

• Added a potentially permanent but experimental cap to Daily Focus Points earned, currently it is at 75,000 each day. We will monitor this over the weekend! (Note: End of Missions stats will not reflect the Focus Cap). Addendum: 'potentially permanent' also means potentially not, we're just trying to figure out the best way to have meaningful earns and pacing.

This is terrible, i just maxed out my daily max from grinding for the Ivara helmet! (and i only have 1 lense instaled!)

I thought the idea of the system was to make all that endless grinding we did have some purpose and feel like progresion.

Now i am still stuck grinding missions with a maxed out frame earning nothing!

The same complaints on the Focus cap when syndicates were given the cap, now there are no complaints about those Syndicate caps at all because most people have 'finished' it.

However some players complain now that players have nothing to do with their syndicate Reputation.  Seems like its just the too early I have to have it done now complaints, in 2-3 months some players will be complaining there is nothing to spend focus on anyway.

This is why DE puts caps on these things.

Solution: If you don't want caps stop trying to maximise everything out in a weekend.

Syndicates are Reputation.

Focus is Alternate Advancement.

Historically in MMOs Rep has been a cap and no cap situation. It doesn't directly impact the players progression as a whole, only their goals to a specific item or quest so either doesn't matter too much.

Alt Advancement's soul purpose is to give players a progression beyond the normal level cap. Putting a cap on this is fundamentally counter to it's purpose.

In every MMO I've played Devs have underestimated the will of a gamer to grind the hell out of something. In this case it's not too early to tell. even at 75k a day this system will last mere months and we'll be right back to getting nothing from our exp. A soft cap has been a very good answer to Alt Adv in the past. It's not perfect but it works.

If they substantially increase the cost needed for each consecutive Focus pool addition it should help the system emulate a Soft cap and it also shouldn't take much coding. By substantially I'm talking 50k, 75k, 150k, 350k and so on. Unlike a true soft cap it still technically has an end but it will last players much much longer than the current setup and the grinders can still grind their hearts out.

Additions

• Players can now rewatch the Stalker Intro Cinematic from The Second Dream Quest via the ‘Rewatch’ button available in the Quest’s Codex.

Could we have a Rewatch button for every Cinematic Scene?

Because I want to see all my frame (or maybe, a Starter doing the missions for ex : Excalibur with his default colors) doing some action on The Second Dream quest, I even hold myself to play The Second Dream until I have the Pakal Armors (because i want to look cool and great on the Cinematic!)

So I can play it first without the Pakal Armors and then rewatch it with my Volt Prime using the Pakal Armor and screaming all over the place.

Please DE