The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Hitching/ Stuttering After U18?

crafturtoemc

I too dont have issues with Alt/tab but the stuttering happens constantly, it starts off slowly and becomes unbearable. I am forced to quit the game and restart it to avoid it becoming a slideshow, also it matters not whether I solo or in a team. Glad to hear DE are on the case.

You're also investigating FPS drops when playing with other players, right?

I think it's the same thing.  You start a public mission ok, then gradually you get some hitching, and eventually it grinds to a slide-show, then to a halt.  I guess the strength of the effect depends in some way on the power of your comp.

Solo, not a problem - or at least not to the same extent.  You can actually finish missions solo (I did the Second Dream solo while suffering from this problem in public missions).

I think it's the same thing.  You start a public mission ok, then gradually you get some hitching, and eventually it grinds to a slide-show, then to a halt.  I guess the strength of the effect depends in some way on the power of your comp.

Solo, not a problem - or at least not to the same extent.  You can actually finish missions solo (I did the Second Dream solo while suffering from this problem in public missions).

For me, it's almost immediate. Yeah, it gets worse, but it starts out pretty bad.

And there I was thinking I was all alone suffering from fps drops, thinking the blame is all mine for running the game on an old and close to being obsolete pc.

And since it's the start of another week, let's cross our fingers and hope to hear good news soon from DE. 

If you have not already done so, it would be very helpful if anyone who is still experiencing this hitching issue creates a support ticket with an EE.log attached. This information can help us greatly as we try to narrow down possible suspects.

Click here to submit your ticket.

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

Thanks a lot!

If you have not already done so, it would be very helpful if anyone who is still experiencing this hitching issue creates a support ticket with an EE.log attached. This information can help us greatly as we try to narrow down possible suspects.

Click here to submit your ticket.

Info on how to find your EE.log can be found here.

Thanks a lot!

I submitted a ticket with my EE.log, but I recieved a reply saying the problem was known and was being worked on and the ticket was closed. Do I need to resubmit or are these ee. files being used depsite the ticket being shut down?

I submitted a ticket with my EE.log, but I recieved a reply saying the problem was known and was being worked on and the ticket was closed. Do I need to resubmit or are these ee. files being used depsite the ticket being shut down?

Shucks, appreciate the heads-up! I was just writing up a ticket for this as well. Guess I will wait and see how this goes first if the tickets are being closed before resolution then. Hopefully the issue is resolved in the next hotfix or so.

You should not need to submit any more EE.logs. The information that you've provided has been very helpful, however we are still working to address the issue.

Shucks, appreciate the heads-up! I was just writing up a ticket for this as well. Guess I will wait and see how this goes first if the tickets are being closed before resolution then. Hopefully the issue is resolved in the next hotfix or so.

I would absolutely encourage you to submit a ticket to us if you get a chance to as we are still working on a fix. 

I also have problem Stuttering but it only happens when I play with another people / with squad.

There is no stutter if I play Solo

But when I use the Standalone Version, the problem gone.

So I think this problem Exist on the Steam version only

I potentially had this issue on Pluto Heiricon, where I normally get 80-112fps, it dropped down to 16-27 after awhile with a lot of enemies (this is with a 4ghz Intel quad core and GTX 980ti). I assumed it might because of all the Saryn spores a squad member was casting around but not sure.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone experiencing this issue solely on Windows 10?

I'm asking because my other computer does not experience this issue on Windows 7.

This one, however, does with Windows 10.

im using a windows 7 professional 64 bit, im having this problem EVERYTIME i play with other people.

Guys have you tried using the optimize and verify option in the launcher? i did that and it downloaded something around 30+MB.
Its reduces my stutter but it's a lot more playable now. The stutter is still there though.

Edited by Valkyrion

Guys have you tried using the optimize and verify option in the launcher? i did that and it downloaded something around 30+MB.

Its reduces my stutter but it's a lot more playable now. The stutter is still there though.

Tried multiple times through steam. Every time it has downloaded a full 7gb of files and has not helped my stuttering more than a very small amount. I'm not going to sit and run up my data limit for the month anymore, just going to wait for a patch.

You should not need to submit any more EE.logs. The information that you've provided has been very helpful, however we are still working to address the issue.

I would absolutely encourage you to submit a ticket to us if you get a chance to as we are still working on a fix. 

I appreciate the offer DE Dmitri, but as I understand it, the issue is understood and tickets being closed, makes more sense to allow you guys and the devs to work out a hotfix rather than writing up another ticket to either get closed early or waste time that could be spent on fixing it. Good luck banging out a fix to the stuttering issue!

Edited by Urlan

For everyone who is having FPS problems that progressively get worse as a mission goes on, especially with 4 people, I'm 99% sure I have your fix.  As someone who has a top of the line computer, this was especially frustrating but here's how I fixed my problem:

-Right click Warframe in your steam library and press "Properties"

-Go to the Local Files tab.

-Press "Verify integrity of game cache" and let it do its thing.

For me, I found 191 corrupt files and redownloaded almost the entirety of the game(7.5gb), along with 400mb when opening the launcher.

Perhaps this is the same thing as just fresh reinstalling(as some people have had success with apparently), but it's something I'd just like to share.

***JUST A HEADS UP*** Steam will always find missing files when verifying the cache through steam because what you download through steam is basically everything before the updates through the launcher(someone said it puts you at U8, but that doesn't sound accurate, since U18 alone is over a gb, and I only downloaded an additional 400mb from the launcher after verifying the cache), BUT, this is no where near the 191 files I found missing.

Edited by Dynamys

- Re-downloading did not fix it for me.

- Verify integrity etc. did not fix it for me.

- V-Sync changes did not fix it for me.

I only have this issue on my Desktop PC, my Laptop runs just fine. Both have Nvidia cards and run on maxed settings. Game becomes unplayable before the end of one mission.

Playing Solo is perfect, will try to start launcher without Steam tonight and see if that solves anything.