Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana Vs Broken-War Sad

DarthKadra

So the infamous Dragon Nikana with an MR8 requirement and the time investment into research and crafting deals less damage than a freely awarded and potatoed MR3 Broken-War? Either boost Dragon Nikana or nerf Broken-War until it's not... broken.  They have the same speed, and while DNikana has more crit damage and status to even things out, that still only puts it on par with the Broken-War. I don't see how this is fair. As a Dragon Nikana fan this makes me sad :-(

You may need to keep in mind just how much work is put into actually getting Broken War. There's a good number of quests you have to complete before you can get to the Second Dream one and get that weapon. In my opinion that's a good enough prerequisite for this weapon - especially when the only way it'll truly shine is if you have the mods to do it (This goes for pretty much every weapon in the game. Even though some may be obtained easier than others, if you're a "new" player and have a small amount of mods/no formas or catalysts, those weapons simply won't be that good.)

Edited by Cidolfus

You may need to keep in mind just how much work is put into actually getting Broken War. There's a good number of quests you have to complete before you can get to the Second Dream one and get that weapon. In my opinion that's a good enough prerequisite for this weapon - especially when the only way it'll truly shine is if you have the mods to do it (This goes for pretty much every weapon in the game. Even though some may be obtained easier than others, if you're a "new" player and have a small amount of mods/no formas or catalysts, those weapons simply won't be that good.)

I'm going to be the one to point out that Broken War and Dragon Nikana are both slash based swords. So they do take basically the same set of mods.

Yo i like Dual Kamas Prime. They suck compared to Broken War.

I don't give a single sigh at Broken War since i can use both.

It's a game, not every weapon needs to be Twin Gremlins or Sybaris tier of balanced.

As a Dual Kamas fan i am very much very very too triggered by this discovery and Broken War needs to have crap stats. /s.

Power creep doing power creep things

Don't worry, they will soon release an even stronger weapon, without any regard for cost, mr requirement or mode of aquisistion.

And those who got attached to the Broken-War, investing time for multiple formas, will write exactly the same complain posts.

Endless circle of stupid balance

Lol how about no? Take the free weapon and stop whining. D nikana is craftable, broken war is RNG LOCKED!

R N G Locked!

Not everyone has completed a certain quest called natah, because not everyone has the RNG luck to meet oculysts. Not counting the AW quest you need to do even before. But if you don't have the luck to unlock Natah you can't have it.

Crimson Dervish and its 3x damage is what makes dakra and war good. Make tranquil cleave a 3x damage stance as well and problem solved.

But really, stop forcing your playstyle on people and whining because Dnikana isn't the boltor prime of melee weapons. it'sinfuriating. you want to craft and use the DNikana (I have it too and I'm a MR14 btw) use it. More power to you. But stop trying to shove it in other people throat. Because I am sure most of the players who has the broken has already crafted DNikana as well.

In short:

If people like the Broken war over the Dnikana it doesn't mean it needs a Nerf for multiple reason:

1) diversity

2) personal favourite

3) dps and metagame due to longsword stances.

4) IT'S A GIFT FROM DE!!!

Nerf it and the dakra will be labeled again as the best due to crimson devish again.

But in the end it's up to the player. Want to use a DNikana? Accept all the weapon pros and cons.

To make it even more clear:

DakraP and Bwar are better than Dnikana thanks to Crimson Dervish.

DEAL WITH IT.

Edit: Spelling n grammar.

Edited by ShaneKahnnigan17

The quests are a joke.

You're missing the point, Jat Kittag, Galatine, Scindo Prime are totally different weapon classes and all require at least to craft them or farm the void, and Dakra Prime, which is also absolutely dwarfed by Broken War by the way, being a comparable weapon class required farming the void and has less damage than DNikana.

What pissed me off is that Broken-War, which comes free after a few quest missions with a catalyst has the same damage as an MR8 weapon which required investment. If they made it a void drop or craftable with a higher MR requirement I wouldn't complain. I just don't see how this is balanced. So any reason to research and craft Nikana, then DNikana 5 MR levels after you get the Broken-War - the looks. Or speaking of Dakra Prime from your example, a prime weapon (of the same class) vaulted with significantly lower stats than a free one, which you don't even have to potato. So it's not so much a post about DNikana, it's more about how Broken War is broken in terms of effort to get it in comparison with its stats.

The problem is, we're all biased here. Because we've already put tens, maybe hundreds of hours into this game. Of course it's going to be easier to get Broken War, we've already done most of the quest chains a while ago. We already have all of the OP stuff that trivializes most missions. All we have to do is finish Natah or finish the Second Dream, and since we already have potatoed or formaed gear, the quests really are a joke.

For a new player? No, I can imagine it'd take a bit of time. You have to finish the Archwing Quest, then you have to do Natah and then you have to do the Second Dream. And then you might not necessarily have gear that trivializes quests.

So yes. Stop whinging already, new players aren't going to be able to get this thing right off the bat and since anyone above MR 8 is probably going to have gear that can compete with the D Nikana anyways, you really don't have a leg to stand on. The only thing you can complain about is 'Well this thing can compete with my weapon, it's easier for ME to get it, and me alone, so I'm going to whine about it.'

Edited by AsCaLus

I kind of was wondering wth DE was thinking making a completely free weapon, like the broken war, better than several weapons that take/took time and effort to build and have similar rolls/styles (d.nakana, Dakra Prime).  Giving out a good weapon isn't bad, but I think they made it too good. 

They were hoping people would just straight up build it into War and then Steve saying you could only get Broken-War from Sorties, but that changed.

they aint buffing nikana, they gonna release the prime version and maybe syndicite version ( i really wish ) and claim that its ok cause dragon nikana is just a "side grade" to the nikana prime therefore it should be weaker then its prime variant.

broken War is fine, in fact there needs to be more weapons like this cause this blows the skana and dakra out the water and it is a really good weapon. we dont need weaker weapons, we need buffed weapons cause lets be honest. melee sucks compared to guns.

Edited by PainXGain

"Only" as good as the Broken War. "Only" on par with the Broken War.

Nevermind the fact that Broken War is locked behind something like three quests, one of which requires you to do a bunch of submarine missions in order to scan a certain enemy. Which means you'd br at Uranus.

Never mind that there were a whole lot of weapons that were competing with the Dragon Nikana before (Jat Kitty, Galatine, Scindo Prime and Dakra Prime) and you didn't complain about those weapons.

No, perish the thought. This is definitely a travesty. This is totally unfair. This is totally an injustice, that your favorite melee weapon's got another weapon that can compete with it.

/s

one you get at MR3 the other at MR8 AFTER you make its predecessor.

did you really just try and compare THREE TWO HANDED weapons to a SINGLE HANDED weapon.... really?! please... why? also the dakra prime is waaaaaay harder to get now and only gotten through trade.

the broken war is a free weapon that, even to me, is to strong out the door. it shouldnt even be on par with the dragon nikana at all but a medium second for how easy you get it (seriously the natah and second dream quests are not hard people nor take that long). i agree with the OP as it either buff the dragon nikana or give a slight numbers tweak to the broken war. 

Edited by Noble_One