Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ominous Loading Screen Message?[Megathread]

Cleesus

Me, personally? I feel like this is a foreshadowing to the removal of the Void.

That's what i think, too.

I feel like this is Ordis trying to reestablish connection with the orbiter because something screwed around with him. the last line "Good night sweet angel" could be Ordis being Ordis. :B

Agree with this interpretation.

For clarification, "EVM" could very well stand for "Evolvable Virtual Machine" - a hierarchical, self-organised computational method that can also describe evolution, which relates to Lynn Margulis' theory on symbiogenesis, so in essence:

"Margulis implantation intact. EVM status nominal." = "Host and user merged. Status of Evolvable Virtual Machine (~= A.I.?) as planned."

"Good night, sweet angel." = Much as Campaigner described, and it of course also has a hint of refering to the sleeper as an "angel", which could - if we decide to go to the extreme - be a nod at Tenno being made by a creator (race, what not), to serve as both their guardians and as carers for other lesser beings from that creator (or race, etc.)

I noticed the moon comment. Didn't one of the devstreams mention and show a moon (it was almost entirely destroyed, it seemed, but the destroyed parts were patched up by "man-made" materials...sort of looked like a death star).

Eyz05Xn.png

Got it while I was on my ship and not a loading screen. Was able to get a really good picture because of it.

related to my last comment, I got another one 

roGxvzD.jpg

By the looks I and Kurofiy has the same Translation I assume

Edited by SpeSOWN

Has anyone had any weird HUD disruptions? I had one in a T4 Void mission and it was very brief. There weren't any enemies present that could hit me with a magnetic proc either.

Now that you asked... not a HUD disruption, but I noticed a weird Zanuka-like screen effect in a Corpus map, even though I have no active marks. It was really dark so I'm not sure what I actually saw. Thought it could be an Oculyst or one of the modular enemies but nope, nothing on Enemy radar. Still, no idea if it could be related - or if it even was something.

Now that you asked... not a HUD disruption, but I noticed a weird Zanuka-like screen effect in a Corpus map, even though I have no active marks. It was really dark so I'm not sure what I actually saw. Thought it could be an Oculyst or one of the modular enemies but nope, nothing on Enemy radar. Still, no idea if it could be related - or if it even was something.

That is odd...

Not sure if we're still showing our encounters with this odd message, got two screenshots and a second-long clip of it before it disappeared. I could turn my res up to 2560x1440 if it'd help?

0YDO4q7.png

CEF8gN7.png

Edited by iPathos

there is a unknow part of the message.

"(Margoolihs) implantation intact. "

I know it can sounds weird, but what if it's an easter egg from the serie Breaking Bad ?

I'm watching it at the moment and I was just thinking about something.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Donald_Margolis

Donald Margolis is a air traffic agent, because of some loss issues, because of him, two planes crashed just over a city.

What if it's an easter egg and the message is about a crash between two Orokin's ships ? And the debris  fall over a planet that we'll need to investigate or something ? Its all about speculations, but at the moment it's the only thing I can think about.

So, maybe a hint, or something totaly unrelated, we'll see soon or later.

there is a unknow part of the message.

"(Margoolihs) implantation intact. "

I know it can sounds weird, but what if it's an easter egg from the serie Breaking Bad ?

I'm watching it at the moment and I was just thinking about something.

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Donald_Margolis

Donald Margolis is a air traffic agent, because of some loss issues, because of him, two planes crashed just over a city.

What if it's an easter egg and the message is about a crash between two Orokin's ships ? And the debris  fall over a planet that we'll need to investigate or something ? Its all about speculations, but at the moment it's the only thing I can think about.

So, maybe a hint, or something totaly unrelated, we'll see soon or later.

I imagine this is a good candidate for interpreting that section :)

(Sorry about the shameless and lazy self-quote)

For clarification, "EVM" could very well stand for "Evolvable Virtual Machine" - a hierarchical, self-organised computational method that can also describe evolution, which relates to Lynn Margulis' theory on symbiogenesis, so in essence:

"Margulis implantation intact. EVM status nominal." = "Host and user merged. Status of Evolvable Virtual Machine (~= A.I.?) as planned."

Edited by Santiak

I imagine this is a good candidate for interpreting that section :)

(Sorry about the shameless and lazy self-quote)

That doesn't make sense at all to me. Why would they reference something that specifically refers to 2 organisms coming together to make one evolve, if the Tenno is an AI or data. It's likely what i typed out several pages back.

That doesn't make sense at all to me. Why would they reference something that specifically refers to 2 organisms coming together to make one evolve, if the Tenno is an AI or data. It's likely what i typed out several pages back.

The two parts make a greater whole? Create something that is far greater than the sum of their parts? Is the ability to move between physical forms as the Tenno do not considerable as an evolution? Transhuman evolution.

And calling it A.I. / Data is far too mechanical I think for what the Tenno seem to be - referring that theory as spirits/consciousness would be more accurate, imo.

Edited by Morec0

The two parts make a greater whole? Create something that is far greater than the sum of their parts? Is the ability to move between physical forms as the Tenno do not considerable as an evolution? Transhuman evolution.

And calling it A.I. / Data is far too mechanical I think for what the Tenno seem to be - referring that theory as spirits/consciousness would be more accurate, imo.

It would be considered evolution but i don't know if it could be considered symbiogenesis or endosymbiosis. Unless we're saying the merge gave the Tenno the ability to move between physical forms. I'm just not seeing how a virtual machine that can evolve, relates to the endosymbiotic theory at all. It conflicts with the present lore too.

I'm of the mind that this is one of the devices the Orokin made to implant their subjects with to achieve a specific result. I think it needs a physical body. Kind of like the Lora device and the Neural Sentry device on void enemies.