Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hideo Kojima "officially" Leaves Konami

TheErebus.

http://nichegamer.com/2015/12/hideo-kojima-officially-left-konami-today-forms-a-new-studio-and-is-in-talks-with-sony/

According to Nikkei, it seems that Hideo Kojima (who I don't even need to say what he's created) has officially left Konami as of today and is now forming a new studio and is in talks with Sony Entertainment. 

I cannot say that this is all 100% confirmed, so be cautious as more news comes out.

Recently, Hideo was also banned from entering the Video Game Awards show by Konami themselves and wasn't allowed to personally accept any reward, you can see the video here:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/04/konami-bans-metal-gear-solid-5-creator-kojima-from-game-awards

Hmmm...

I saw some rumors some time ago about Sony being interested in buying the Metal Gear franchise from Konami. That rumor and this statement put together sound very tasty.

I hope they buy Silent Hill and MGS away from Konami, or frankly any company is better than Konami (except maybe Koei Tecmo)

What did that Kojami dude create, again? Is he some kind of J-RPG producer or something?

Aaanyway, what Konami did to him (with the Awards & the lawyers thing) was an extremely jerkish move!...

I hope that he'll stay in the business & even create his own development corporation. :)

Personally, I see Miyamoto, Eiji Aonuma,David Wise then this guy.

Well if Sony's involved and wants to buy the rights to the MG franchise then RIP multiplatform for the series, but hey at least we have the chance of the franchise being a thing once again if it happens.

To be fair, the MGS series has been mainly exclusive to sony. MGSV has been the only main series game to be multiplatform.

To be fair, the MGS series has been mainly exclusive to sony. MGSV has been the only main series game to be multiplatform.

Buuuuut there was a MGS on the Gamecube... :p (2 or 3? I can't remember.)

Hey, hey, hey. I don't play games when I talk about games, OK?!

So yes I was serious. Like, Sam serious...

Buuuuut there was a MGS on the Gamecube... :p (2 or 3? I can't remember.)

Hey, hey, hey. I don't play games when I talk about games, OK?!

So yes I was serious. Like, Sam serious...

The GameCube MGS, The Twin Snakes, was basically a remake of MGS1 on the MGS2 engine.

Also, if you haven't figured it out yet, Hideo Kojima created Metal Gear...

They ported OG Metal Gear to 360, and made the Subsistence (I think that's what it was called) collection for 360 too (MGS2, 3, and Peacewalker) AFAIK the only main games to still be PS exclusives are MGS1 and 4.

They ported OG Metal Gear to 360, and made the Subsistence (I think that's what it was called) collection for 360 too (MGS2, 3, and Peacewalker) AFAIK the only main games to still be PS exclusives are MGS1 and 4.

I don't count the HD remasters. I only count the originals.