The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinels Need A Rework

FrostySpikes

I always felt like sentinels did no dmg at all and i was ok with that bcuz they are really cheap to build have a nice utility and i wasnt interested at a companion that delt dmg but when i saw diriga... omg that was the first sentinel i actually liked. Its sniper actually deals dmg. And those mini/perma stuns are great.

Also as kubrows are free to move around is kinda stupid that sentinels are ''fixed'' to floating over your shoulder. They should be free to move around as well as kubrows.

One of the main reasons i never put a potatoe or forma on a sentinel was that its weapon uses the same mod as warframe weapons and YOU CANT USE THE SAME MOD FOR BOTH. Thats f**ing ridiculous. I need to find, upgrade and equip a different mod for the (e.g.) sentinel rifle and for my normal rifle. Thats (was) a waste of mods and fusion cores i couldnt afford b4. Now i can but i really dont want to have 2 same mods for 2 weapons that are the same... both are (e.g.) rifles after all, right?

Sentinels could have a dmg buff or smt to encourage players to forma and potatoe them. I personally dont find it rewarding. After fully upgrading the escencial mods (calculated shot electro pulse arc coil for diriga e.g.) i dont care about anything else.

Apart from that they could have a visual rework and be like flying mechanical ''birds'' a bit more realistic than ospreys.

Edit: Yeah maybe dmg buff wouldnt be so cool but as you've comented below, utility weapons such as medic guns or cc only would be better... also sentinel revival (like kubrows) instead of blow and regenerate is a great idea :D

Hope DE reads this -- WE NEED SENTINELS 2.0 --

Edited by Marquitos180

+1 on the mod status, definately want to either let them have their own mods or allow use of your main ones.

To be honest the sentinels might as well be attached to your shoulder (in which case the mods flowing onto them makes sense). In my eyes theyre not there for damage, the kubrows do that. The sentinels should be specifically utility based so that they can worry less about a specific feature like loot (carrier) or hacking (shade) though I definately wouldn't object to a few more additions such as choosing targets or times for them to use stuns etc.

My issue with sentinels is now that Kubrows have come out, they have a bleedout. While sentinels (while in general having lower shields, armor and health than a Kubrow) get one life or two with Regen. Sentinels should either have a bleedout period (not sure how that would work) or some kind of a regeneration cooldown where Regen makes that cooldown shorter.

Edited by Mr._Clean

I use my sentinel for pure utility. I never equip a gun on it... they always steal my kills! I'd like to see some "utility" weapons we can equip on our sentinels like a medic gun or something. I'd also like an option to shrink my sentinel so it isn't so big on my screen. 

My issue with sentinels is now that Kubrows have come out, they have a bleedout. While sentinels (while in general having lower shields, armor and health than a Kubrow) get one life or two with Regen. Sentinels should either have a bleedout period (not sure how that would work) or some kind of a regeneration cooldown where Regen makes that cooldown shorter.

I like that idea. Make the Regen mod bring the sentinel back to life after x seconds. 

We need sentinels 2.0.

I agree with the whole shared mods thing, it's a bad idea.

We need separate mods for sentinels like imo sentinels weren't meant to kill everything for you but the damage has to be reasonable.

Diriga for example is a good start. We need more unique utility mods for sentinels.

Regen idea is a good start. Imagine sentinels...instead of blowing up completely they could have like a reconstruction stage where they go back to full life for x seconds.

I like that idea. Make the Regen mod bring the sentinel back to life after x seconds. 

Thats a pretty good idea, having them on say a 30 sec cd after death would be great, that would even make some more mods (like the ones to make them explode on death) actually viable in builds

Edited by Cyberian_vs

Honestly... I just want interactions with my little floating buddies. Some level of sentimentality or personality added to them. We know some have organic parts, and they are advanced robotics sort of like Osprey and MOA, latter of which can be seen having some level of emotion if you peek in at the Perrin Sequence. Why can't we have that? Have them do something when we gesture and such at least, like Wyrm(Prime) swirling around you and whatnot and even making some sounds depending on what type they are.

The little guys need some love too with what they put up with.

Respawning sentinel after a delay sounds good and balanced too given that they can't be revived unless you die. Or could give them a bleed-out period since now Ospreys can drop a corpse, maybe they can just collapse giving you an opportunity to revive them. Either way works to me.

Edited by MartinVole

Honestly... I just want interactions with my little floating buddies. Some level of sentimentality or personality added to them. We know some have organic parts, and they are advanced robotics sort of like Osprey and MOA, latter of which can be seen having some level of emotion if you peek in at the Perrin Sequence.

Yeah like in Fallout New Vegas that little floating thing called ED-E you can interact with it and when he is happy he does some happy beep

Respawning sentinel after a delay sounds good and balanced too given that they can't be revived unless you die. Or could give them a bleed-out period since now Ospreys can drop a corpse, maybe they can just collapse giving you an opportunity to revive them. Either way works to me.

Yeah thats right Ospreys are falling to the ground now instead of exploating... kinda weird sentinels dont do that

Did the OP say that he never put a Reactor OR Forma on a Sentinel and he's complaining they don't do damage?

Yeah haha thats kinda contradictory if u see it from that point. What i meant is that at low lvl  when u get your very first sentinel u see that he deals very low dmg. Then as you rank up in a few weeks or days u see hes even doing less dmg. Eventually u end up like me seing they really arent meant to do dmg at all but my first two sentinels were wyrm and deathcube... that are... dmg sentinels? They are completely useless and need a complete new set of habilities that are better than a small aoe stun and a laser designed to kill that actually blinds a single target cuz it has not enought dmg.

So thats why i never put a reactor on sentinel or catalyst on its gun

Yeah haha thats kinda contradictory if u see it from that point. What i meant is that at low lvl  when u get your very first sentinel u see that he deals very low dmg. Then as you rank up in a few weeks or days u see hes even doing less dmg. Eventually u end up like me seing they really arent meant to do dmg at all but my first two sentinels were wyrm and deathcube... that are... dmg sentinels? They are completely useless and need a complete new set of habilities that are better than a small aoe stun and a laser designed to kill that actually blinds a single target cuz it has not enought dmg.

Highest DPS sentinel weapons are: Sweeper Prime, Prime Laser Rifle, Vulklok, and Deconstructor.

While I'm not too big on the Deconstructer try the other ones out with a catalyst and a multi-formaed and you will start to notice them killing enemies quite frequently. Just like you would with a braton or boltor. Granted, they aren't going to be able to solo a mission but neither can a kubrow.

tweaked std. weapons .

And how would the sentinels deliver the "std"s? XD

To be honest the sentinels might as well be attached to your shoulder 

I would vastly prefer this. I find the sentinels very annoying just floating there. A cool Predator style shoulder gun/backpack device would be awesome. 

Zero forma on Helios or Deconstructor. It will one shot that with 1 Forma, as I can actually fit an extra mod.

I fail to see what you are expecting.

Edited by DSpite

I fail to see what you are expecting.

The ability to revive/repair sentinels mid combat

The hopes that Ghost will actually be reliable for stealth

The hopes that Wyrm's radial knock down will be buffed in literally any way

The hopes that Dethcube's laser which is now completely obsolete compared to other new sentinels is overhauled.