Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should You Get A Sortie Reward For Each Mission Instead Of Just One?

AnOldAlias

Personally, ever since Sorties were introduced, the ^ title is what I thought on how it would be at first.

Then I realized you only get a Sortie Reward after the third mission.

Do you think you should get a reward from the Sortie Pool for each mission? Basically Three rewards.
Of course blanking out your previous reward so you don't get it twice or three times in a row would help as well, it resetting the next day as per usual.

Yes please!

DE could create three reward pools that are pulled from, to prevent getting three of the same item.  

All rewards would have to be given at the end of the Sorties though, that way people aren't dropping the last mission because they got the one item they wanted.

Edited by Noamuth

Truth be told, sorties aren't really THAT difficult to do, but the constraining factor isn't difficulty but time. Depending on the missions assigned, it could take several hours for am unlucky Tenno to finish this daily. I am +1'ing OP's post in favor of a system favoring increased rewards in an escalating scale. For instance...

1st sortie: common reward pool. Possibly cores or rare mods.

2nd sortie: Uncommon reward pool. Rare gun part or a lens.

3rd sortie: rare reward pool. Warframe part or multiple lenses.

This would make it easier to actually acquire multiple lenses and build one's own greater lens as opposed to the overwhelming ease and cheapness of just spending 40 plat in the market.

I'm all for this!

My one question is if sorties play like alerts...

Do you get normal spy rewards from vaults, survival, etc... or are those rewards replaced by the 1 sortie reward like they are for alerts? Because that needs to change if it's the case.

Edited by (PS4)Xurokhan

IDK, pretty sure the tables would just get diluted with even more trash. And I've yet to feel rewarded for my efforts as it is.

At the very least they should offer you the regular mission's rewards while you're doing them. I don't see how doing 1200 cryotic or 20 waves vs the hardest starting enemies in a normal mission for nothing but a couple of 2 minute void runs worth of credits is supposed to be appealing.

I currently agree with this idea, but partially because RNG can really suck and it's entirely possible that someone who does it everyday for 18 days (the maximum) WON'T get Nehza. OK? Are they going to be on the next rotation? Is it a permament addition.

I'm just wary of RNG permanently locking someone out of content. Bad road to go-down. If they are on every rotation, then 1 reward a day is fine. I know it grinds on some people, but DE's recent push towards long-term goals is actually good for the longevity of the game.

I currently agree with this idea, but partially because RNG can really suck and it's entirely possible that someone who does it everyday for 18 days (the maximum) WON'T get Nehza. OK? Are they going to be on the next rotation? Is it a permament addition.

I'm just wary of RNG permanently locking someone out of content. Bad road to go-down. If they are on every rotation, then 1 reward a day is fine. I know it grinds on some people, but DE's recent push towards long-term goals is actually good for the longevity of the game.

Nezha is in the Sortie rewards permanently.

Please Note: Nezha parts obtained from Sorties are tradeable, and will be a permanent reward from Sorties in the future.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/579670-update-1810-spoilers/ 

I've always like the idea of how I thought sortie rewards originally worked the day they came out: Elimination rewards.  Getting a reward eliminated it from the drop table for the rest of the season.

But no, just another rng table with void style drop chances or worse.  Hey, remember the time when Loki Prime Systems were limited to only T4 Defense Rotation C and had a drop chance of 1% or less?

I've always like the idea of how I thought sortie rewards originally worked the day they came out: Elimination rewards.  Getting a reward eliminated it from the drop table for the rest of the season.

But no, just another rng table with void style drop chances or worse.  Hey, remember the time when Loki Prime Systems were limited to only T4 Defense Rotation C and had a drop chance of 1% or less?

^ Thats what I thought as well. Though it just reset every day. Whats the point of having them highlighted then if they are reset every day?

Yeh... :/

Truth be told, sorties aren't really THAT difficult to do, but the constraining factor isn't difficulty but time. Depending on the missions assigned, it could take several hours for am unlucky Tenno to finish this daily. I am +1'ing OP's post in favor of a system favoring increased rewards in an escalating scale. For instance...

This would make it easier to actually acquire multiple lenses and build one's own greater lens as opposed to the overwhelming ease and cheapness of just spending 40 plat in the market.

not bad as idea

I think 1 reward per the 3 missions is enough. If we got one for each mission i feel like the rewards would become everything less than special since everyone would be able to get all the items in them fairly quick (excluding those rngesus picks on)

I did see a post however suggesting that a 4th bonus type sortie mission get added that involves you fighting a beefed up / special boss, if you and your team could kill it then it you'd get a second drop from the sortie reward table

+1 

This right here

Needs to be the norm for Sorties.