The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Meta Or Some Kind Of Modding/hacking?

TheThermic

So I've been working on MR and going to Draco like most people would, but I got grouped up with three other people, (A Nekros, Trinity, and Excal) and from what it seemed, they were together. The only odd thing was, the Excal was able to lay out Energy Restores and Health Restores rapidly at the very start of the mission (I'd say about 5-8 each). He had also typed what to do in chat, or Copy/Paste from what it seemed.

e3Z9FBt.jpg

Now, here's the other half of the story. The three of them (Nekros, Trinity, and Excalibur) all had range too cover the entire map. Nekros, simple build just did his thing with the loot. Trinity only gave us energy the entire time, then there's Excalibur. He sat on the one box for the entire game (Minus when the loot was ready to be collected) spamming Radial Javelin as seen here:

seMmRRN.jpg

I was able to sit and do nothing (Which was nice, but not fun at all) as Excal went to work on the Grineer with only mashing 3. It was afterwards when I grabbed one of my friends and did a Trinity/Excal combo to see how it could have worked, I was stumped on one part. Trinity's build was easy, but when it came to building Excalibur, I either didn't have enough damage or range to do what the other guy had done. (My Excalibur is Potato'd and Forma'd as well) I eventually gave up on trying due to lack of success.

I'm not sure if I was missing something, going crazy, or just a dunce when it comes to things like this, but from my point of view the guy could have possibly been modding/hacking on account of how sketchy it seemed, or just plain good at farming affinity on Draco. Hopefully some of you could figure out what's going on; If it's the new Meta or just possible Mods/Hacks.

(Names have been blocked for more or less obvious reasons)

Blind Rage, Intensify, Transient Fortitude & the Arcane Pendragon Helmet.

Stretch, Overextended, Streamline.

p.s. don't be this guy.

it will ruin your fun and give someone cancer. (results my vary)

Just stay away from Draco, play the game.

Edited by xethier

Hotkeys ain't hacks. He just rapidly pressed a button to lay down those energy restores. He then proceeded to spam his 3 with a nice amount of power strength in order to kill many enemies as fast as possible so you all can gain free exp. 

Well there's the energy thing. But like I stated, it was rather hard to obtain an effective damage and range at which he had when testing all the builds I could think up.

Corrosive Projection, if they were all 3 using this mod eny armor gets a pretty good reduction (correct me if wrong, i think it's 25% each cp, giving 75% if all of them had it, and if you had one too, it means 4 cp and thus no enemy armor to reduce RJ damage).

Some players use a buffer or a ember/saryn/oberon with the 1st skill augment mod (allies getting elemental damage when cast on them) to do it much easier. A limbo to keep the team safe while spamming rj also helps a lot

PD: as many said before it's just old meta, stay away from draco to avoid cancer, burnout, ebola and aids

Edited by -----LegioN-----

Corrosive Projection, if they were all 3 using this mod eny armor gets a pretty good reduction (correct me if wrong, i thunk it's 25%each cp, giving 75% if all of them had it, and if you had ine too, it means 4 cp and thus no enemy armor to reduce RJ damage)

90% total 30 per user.

i am always amaze to see people playing like that. I prefer go do a couple of stealth run (hard has S#&$ thanks to the dev band aiding) than play on draco.

After i got the damn cap on the focus i just go play in the void or help new player getting around the game. You know actully play the game how i want to play it

Yeah, that is just an old Excalibur radial spam build with the required Trinity and energy restores to keep up the ineffecient radial spam. The backlash against that particular team loadout got Excalibur's Javalin nerfed after it was buffed in the archwing update and later got Mesa nerfed when that warframe was used to replaced Radial Javalin's large potential distance. So Mesa got nerfed too because such farming encourages spamming abilities or weapons in a largely immobile postion while ignoring the mission objectives. That 'meta' is also the reason for afk timers; why Viver isn't an interception mission anymore; and one of the reasons Mag has been nerfed so many times.

Levelling up gear by going into higher level matches and collecting affinity and loot through osmosis is an understandable strategy and interceptions due to their mission mechanics and high chance of eximus spawns are great for affinity gains, but I personally like to level my gear by running the missions and killing the enemies to protect objectives myself. Interceptions like Draco are mostly seen as farming grounds because the eximus chances become higher as the enemies are higher level - to mainly be tougher and kill us off - and the usually smaller maps with larger affinity sharing range. Dark Sector defense and Derelict Defense can also be used for similar affinity and loot gains if you simply doing the objectives and trying to complete the rounds/waves. Cerberus was even a popular place for a bit after Viver was removed as a Corpus interception listening post and infected with an Infested HIve but it required more moving around or the team splitting up and holding the objectives like normal so Draco was settled on since its spawns are relatively central for the most part and it shares the higher starting interception level with Cerberus and the old Viver.

Also, you could have asked him what his build was.

Just a thought. 

If you hang out in recruiting, you'll see regular requests for "RJ Excals" for Draco.

I just do public Draco with whatever I want, and as long as I'm not leveling all lvl 0 gear, we have a good time. Never the same group.

Intresting thing is, I do not have that mod yet.

More interesting if you check DeMonkey's answer:

Unless they had Coaction Drifts on. 3 players with CP and CD reduces armour by 100%

Thank you, I totally forgot about CD, and keeping in mind that the team might be previously organized, it's most likely they were using 3(cp+cd) combo to totally strip the enemy armor.