The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] My 3Rd Sortie In A Nutshell [/spoiler]

Wevi

Tried re-pubbing for the perfect team and then I came across this squad. I stayed just to see how well they could do. Of course my exceptions were low but...

nGWTjrE.jpg

I think sorties needs to get mastery locked. 
-Killed all the system's bosses
-Done half the quests
-MR higher than 12

Edited by xxcib21xx
Removed image.

I can understand your pain, the excavation mission took me forever since I had the worst teammates possible today.

They behaved like the most basic bots of a video game, pick up power cell and put it into the closest excavator, doesn't matter if it already hit 100% multiple times or if there's another that runs out of power soon.

Best way to deflect the corpus lasers is to jump head first into a mob nullifiers.

Shooting and crawling towards safety while down? Hahaha

yeah, I'm against restrictions, but it's honestly getting harder and harder to defend low MR's in a sortie. biggest problem though is that there are a lot of bad high MR's as well. during today's excavation, I had an imbecile running off to start other extractors, and being a "Hallway hero".

he was MR12.

if you're dying as Valkyr, then you're either bad or you built her wrong. you should probably hide their names BTW, shaming isn't allowed, even if you think incompetent squad members deserve it.

Been in five pub games, one with an AFK Rhino (actually failed the mission, didn't think it was possible), one with Valks that kept going down, two with people dropping one wave in, one with an actual Mag but specced for range. I was carpetbombing the whole level with Intensify+Transient Polarize and people STILL managed to go down.

Most frustrating mission.

Bad idea to lock content over a grindwall of experience.

But that content was never meant for inexperienced players to begin with. It was made for players who have done and seen it all, who have been asking for a challenging game mode. And these sorties are indeed very challenging and clearly meant for players who fully understand the game mechanics.

Before these sorties existed, there is PLENTY of content already available to master and gain experience for new players to learn. They should master that old content first before jumping into sorties, otherwise they will be liabilities.

My sortie 3 involved an Ash player who brought dual corrosive pistols to a Lvl100 Corpus fight......and that's all he used the entire time. I never saw him use his primary or his melee. He never used Blade Storm.  Only Smoke Screen to revive somebody. He himself got shot down a lot. This is clearly a new/novice player who doesn't understand how important frame abilities are in these sorties or how damage 2.0 works.

They behaved like the most basic bots of a video game, pick up power cell and put it into the closest excavator, doesn't matter if it already hit 100% multiple times or if there's another that runs out of power soon.

UGH!  Don't get me started on that.  How they fail basic math.  

IF

shield = full

AND

## power  >  ## seconds left

STOP FEEDING THE EXCAVATOR, YOU ARE WASTING POWER CELLS!

This particular sortie mission was tailor made to DESTROY us. Every single Warframe was at a disadvantage here, even the "godmode" ones thanks to the nullifiers. Anyone under 600 hp/shields was instantly downed by those damn sapper mines.

This mission is not the one to point out lack of player skill or ability.

Edited by Cidolfus

that sortie 3 was great i died 2 time sin it using ash  but i used blade storm then energy restore blade storm  ect ect ect we got it done i stayed in a area and used blade storm from there i did advise the other players i was doing this and they said thats ok we ended up beating it..while they revived others i killed alot of enemies got a nezha system bp as reward then sold it for 60P 20 minutes later..

Skill matters a lot here, to be more specific: paying attention.

Those mines are dropped by the ospreys, they float slowly upward in the air, and THEN they drop and start doing damage. It takes like 3 seconds after deployment for them to become an active threat. That is plenty of time to notice them and get out of their danger zone.

You could of course prioritize killing those ospreys first the moment you see them.

Edited by MystMan

Yeah, I brought mag my first run and got rekt. I came back with a loki prime and all my public team got rekt. I spent so much time reviving my team I just gave up. I ran the mission solo with loki and was easy since capture times and enemies spawned are reduced. Any mission becomes easy if you pick the right frame/team for it. In this case it was having no team that helped. :D

This particular sortie mission was tailor made to DESTROY us. Every single Warframe was at a disadvantage here, even the "godmode" ones thanks to the nullifiers. Anyone under 600 hp/shields was instantly downed by those damn sapper mines.

Of course it was.

If you aren't a max range Mirage with either energy pads or an EV Trin, you're obviously a scrub who needs to git gud.

/s

That said, I completed it in a pub, first try, as a Mag; with another Mag, a Valkyr and a Nova.

~1.2k kills, 70%+ damage dealt, 3 deaths (revived twice) and iirc ~15 revives.

I think that the main problem with the map (setting aside the outleveled bullsh*t enemies) is that the spawn points for the two farthest towers allow no cover and no reaction time.

I mean, they literally spawn inside a dead-end doorway alcove, in plain sight.

Edit:

Here's the thing, though - if I look past the crap deaths (specifically - death from a sniper and from getting stuck in revive animation and eating a Sapping orb... and I honestly have no idea what the 3rd was from), I actually enjoyed the mission.

Probably part of that was that I could pretty much wipe the map as needed, but still, it required that I parkour play well, not stand still and pay attention in order to not die, and I believe that there was only 1 revive that I missed (by a fraction of a second).

All in all, it was a fairly good session.

Edited by Chroia

Just because you can do sorties doesn't mean you should.

People need to realise this, and some sort of new restriction needs to be placed on sorties.

This.

But I'm afraid little can be done now. Sorties have existed long enough that any access restriction put in place would create a public outrage.

Just because I'm new I'm not allow to get free lenses or Nezha parts as a reward?  I have to buy them from the market?   This game is pay2win!  *RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE*   

lawl :)

Edited by MystMan

Skill matters a lot here, to be more specific: paying attention.

Those mines are dropped by the ospreys, they float slowly upward in the air, and THEN they drop and start doing damage. It takes like 3 seconds after deployment for them to become an active threat. That is plenty of time to notice them and get out of their danger zone.

You could of course prioritize killing those ospreys first the moment you see them.

I know exactly how the mines work. But you'll be hard pressed to dodge each and every one of them as you're trying to rush to cap points and rescue other downed teammates. Just touching the edge of one of those aoes = instant death for any warframe that isn't extremely tanky. Let's not mention those times where there's a bunch of other things generating blue energy all over the place thanks to Corpus abilities and weaponry. Or the times when a mine is dropped above or below where you're heading toward and you don't see it. 

So my statement still stands. This was a tough sortie for everyone, not only new players.