Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's World On Fire

(PSN)blood_mist-13

I was introduced to warframe in ps4 almost 2 years ago. I got really into the game and have spent over $300 on the game. Then one day there was an update that changed Ember and, in my eyes, ruined her. They gave her "world on fire" an energy drain. That was her survivability. She had lower armor and health and the world on fire help defend her. So I am ask you dev's. When are you going to get rid of the energy drain for world on fire?

... Well I guess the good news for you is that DE's going to nerf World on Fire next year.

But seriously, World on Fire getting turned into a toggle was the best thing that ever happened to it. Put some efficiency on, and behold as you NEVER HAVE TO TURN WORLD ON FIRE OFF. I assume you're begging for it being duration based again, but then I must ask you why don't like a duration of "infinite".

I was introduced to warframe in ps4 almost 2 years ago. I got really into the game and have spent over $300 on the game. Then one day there was an update that changed Ember and, in my eyes, ruined her. They gave her "world on fire" an energy drain. That was her survivability. She had lower armor and health and the world on fire help defend her. So I am ask you dev's. When are you going to get rid of the energy drain for world on fire?

WoF being a toggle made Ember playable again ..... what game do you play?!

If you build her correctly the energy drain shouldn't be a problem.

Max Power + Efficiency + Duration (duration decrease energy drain on some Warframe's toggable abilities).

Stay mobile, use covers, use World On Fire Augment and Accelerant as CC to survive.

Use a Rakta or a Synoid Proc weapon to refill your energy with World on Fire active. More max power you have, more energy is refilled at each proc since it is % based.

WoF being a toggle made Ember playable again ..... what game do you play?!

She was playable before toggle. Toggle made the power easier to manage, but then it actually increased the energy cost in the long run, so there was less and less people using her, even if it was for the same purpose as before (press 4 and run to extraction), because DE didn't revise the energy drain and it was too much for her.

Now WoF barely costs any energy, so people "think" she's "playable" again (except removing duration did nothing but multiply her energy efficiency, she didn't get any stronger, just stopped needing energy).

But hey, ever since her last buff, now I can play Warframe and a game on my phone, that's fun, right? Right?

Can't wait for the day WoF goes into the trash can. : )

WoF is one of the best Dps/CC ultimate. With good mods you never ever need to turn it off. I'm really afraid DE will just ruin it like they did with Mesa :( (aim fineish, but 360 degree was cooler, but that energy drain for a stationary ability... :( )

She was playable before toggle. Toggle made the power easier to manage, but then it actually increased the energy cost in the long run, so there was less and less people using her, even if it was for the same purpose as before (press 4 and run to extraction), because DE didn't revise the energy drain and it was too much for her.

Now WoF barely costs any energy, so people "think" she's "playable" again (except removing duration did nothing but multiply her energy efficiency, she didn't get any stronger, just stopped needing energy).

But hey, ever since her last buff, now I can play Warframe and a game on my phone, that's fun, right? Right?

You've... never used Firequake, have you? The guaranteed knockdowns to absolutely everything makes WoF a great CC ability on its own, and the synergy with a Slowva is outstanding.

Sure. Now solo T4S using Ember and try to last above 45 minutes while playing on your phone then show us a proof you did it.

And no excuses, you talk as if WoF can definitely manage everything by itself. Show us that you're not nothing but talk.

You've... never used Firequake, have you? The guaranteed knockdowns to absolutely everything makes WoF a great CC ability on its own, and the synergy with a Slowva is outstanding.

Yeah, that's when I start playing WF with my feet and use both hands on the phone.

I believe you misunderstood the post.

WoF right now is just dumb, Firequake makes it dumber. Ember only needed a drain decrease, but then they overdid it and removed the need for energy which pretty much makes it passive.

I wasn't the biggest fan of things like Exalted Blade having a minimal energy cost, but at least those abilities require you to do something.

The best part of it that there's barely anyone using Ember outside the same places where she was good already, so if she's better or "playable" now, why are they still stuck on low level exterminate (or ODD, which people still bring EV Trin as a band aid, the same band aid that made Ember viable in ODD before the buff)? Of course a REALLY small group of people go to other places with her, but it's not a bigger group than before.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl

Not a troll post. With the build I had before they gave WoF the "toggle" and energy drain, I was doing almost twice the damage AND I never an out of energy cause of team energy plates and energy drops from all the enemies killed. Now her WoF uses double the energy for half the damage

You have seriously goofed somewhere in your current build for this to be the case man. Even at absolute maximum power strength (1196 unbuffed damage per hit, ignoring fire dot) with only a Streamline and a Primed Continuity it drains less than 3 energy per second.

Not a troll post. With the build I had before they gave WoF the "toggle" and energy drain, I was doing almost twice the damage AND I never an out of energy cause of team energy plates and energy drops from all the enemies killed. Now her WoF uses double the energy for half the damage

that's not because of the changes to her ult though.

a while ago energy drain on continuous abilities was changed to be affected from both duration and efficiency.

This has to be one of the worst threads going on at the moment.

If you honestly think Ember needs a nerf you literally have S#&$ for brains (includes DE). The issue with Ember is that she is a niche frame (just like Saryn) with only 1 or 2 usefull abilities, and the rest of her kit being so bad, that there is no reason to use anything but the abilities that are actually usefull (and even then, this only works on low / medium levels).

Instead of nerfing something that doesn't need a nerf because literally everything on Ember (and Saryn) are sub-par, buff / rework their useless abilities to make them more engaging, fun and dare I say: viable.

For the people who honestly believe WoF (and Miasma) to be game breaking, enjoy never experiencing the real end-game Warframe has to offer, and goodluck in life being this narrow minded.

If you honestly think Ember needs a nerf you literally have S#&$ for brains (includes DE). The issue with Ember is that she is a niche frame (just like Saryn) with only 1 or 2 usefull abilities, and the rest of her kit being so bad, that there is no reason to use anything but the abilities that are actually usefull (and even then, this only works on low / medium levels).

The frame is a bit to much easy mode at low levels to be honest, however the changes where a pure buff to energy efficiency, not a nerf.

While 90% of the people playing Ember do not use more then WoF, it does not mean that the Frame itself actually does not perform very solid as DPS at high levels, far from it, like this:

GBFb5ds.jpg

BaQ5YVw.jpg

or that:

IMY3gRm.jpg

EbDhx4r.jpg

As well as in the sortis, as long as players actually build her weapons around and use accelerant properly instead of counting on WoF to do more then CC.

Saryn on the other hand is actually a lot worse(before and after the rework) because the frame got very limited CC(at least it got some if you are hammering 4 all day long, the rework changed nothing about the this problem), no interesting mechanics that allow it to scale into high levels as dps(the viral proc mechanic of spores was a start but toxic leash is just far to limited and melee only to really help) and a very poor survivability at high levels(even if that is mostly the result of the lack of cc options on her).

Edited by Djego27

The frame is a bit to much easy mode at low levels to be honest, however the changes where a pure buff to energy efficiency, not a nerf.

While 90% of the people playing Ember do not use more then WoF, it does not mean that the Frame itself actually does not perform very solid as DPS at high levels, far from it, like this:

GBFb5ds.jpg

As well as in the sortis, as long as players actually build her weapons around and use accelerant properly instead of counting on WoF to do more then CC.

It amazes me that (excluding DE's love of not documenting anything), as simple as the kits are, so few people understand how to make use of them.  Thank you for being one of those people.

The best part of it that there's barely anyone using Ember outside the same places where she was good already, so if she's better or "playable" now, why are they still stuck on low level exterminate (or ODD, which people still bring EV Trin as a band aid, the same band aid that made Ember viable in ODD before the buff)? Of course a REALLY small group of people go to other places with her, but it's not a bigger group than before.

Indeed. I did a simulacrum test once against a Level 95, Arid Heavy Gunner and it would have taken WoF and a constant Barrage of Ember's Fireball and Accelerant around 5min or more to destroy the unit. The power strength was 250%.

There are plenty of other examples of similar enemy types, that one would frequently encounter in the Sorties.

Edited by (PS4)l0r3n7step