The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Your Oldest Gear?

(PSN)ElZilcho

Not gonna count excalibro prime nor the skana prime but my oldest gear would be a Nyx even if I did get Nyx prime, a rusty beat to hell and back Hek, an Aklato I forgot I even had and I'm not even sure on melee anymore I got through em like water through a sieve.

I still have (and play daily) my starter Excal. I sold my Mk1 Braton (quickly - as soon as I grabbed the normal one) and Skana (a little later) while my Lato became a Bolto at some point.

I assume my oldest primary is my Dread, but it only comes out in Rescue/Spy missions with an occasional showing on Earth to see if I still got the longshot down. I'm pretty sure I built my Soma before I got my Dread, but I sold it after getting the Soma Prime. I had a Paris and Vectis before my Soma, but similarly those got replaced by Prime versions.

My oldest secondary still in my inventory is my Ak-Magnus. They now have a couple of forma and go with me when I know I need to use a secondary. I am holding on to Despair and my Dex Furis, but generally I go through secondaries pretty quick.

Not sure if I built my Dual Ichor or my Dragon Nikana first. Clantech was slow going for me, since I made my own one-man-clan pretty early. The Tonbo is probably the only other melee weapon around a year old still in my inventory. I just noticed I seem to be hording melee weapons, but most of these are pretty recent.

Dethcube was my first, and while I haven't dragged him out on a mission in a long while he is still in my inventory. I still have my very first Kubrow - a Sunika named Max.

not necessarily. Some people sell items they don't want to make room for better items, especially if their inventory space is limited.

This is why I found the "bug" where it replaces missing gear with the oldest items so interesting. People keep around old items for various reasons, and it's a way to see what has withstood the test of time in individual accounts. A neat look at how people play. Accurate, semi-auto weapons, heavy pistols, and thrown melee are all things I love to use currently (it's basically my Ivara loadout), though now it's usually a bow and not a rifle.

Cool to see people talking about weapons I consider relatively new as their dusty old stuff too.

Aside from the beginning Excalibur, MK-1 Braton, Lato, and Skana. (Which are still in my inventory after all this time)

My first foundry-crafted items were (And still owned)

Saryn: Originally I thought back then, it was a heavy DoT character, not a "Nuke" Character! lol. (Had been playing DC Universe as a nature character before jumping on Warframe so the idea kind of transferred over heh heh)

Karak: I dunno, sounded like a solid base weapon to use at the time, and boy did it keep me company throughout the mastery ranks, even now as a Mastery Rank 21 with the Karak Wraith, I still pay homage to my first crafted weapon from time to time.

Twin Gremlins: Secondaries didn't appeal to me early on until I found out about the Gremlins, immediately did as much as I could to get them, and no regrets ever since. 

Mire: Not only would it go with a toxic Warframe, It looked repulsive, fleshy, and chitinous, My kind of exotic weapon, even if upon retrospect, it's stats were near-identical to the Skana, still looked monstrous!

Carrier: A personal resource pick-up Vacuum. That is All.

Joined the game at the time when trinity has just been introduced. Abandoned warframe after playing it for 7-10 hours. Returned when Ciero crysis event was coming to its end. [sigh] Still regret missing all those story events.

Aside from the old starter gear (Excal, Braton, Lato, Skana) my first loadout consisted of:

Rhino (With averagely neat (and absolutely plebish) pale blue / light grey colour cheme and green energy colour)
Grakata (The beginner's best choice, probably)
Akbronkos (Swear by Bellona's right breast ! I knew how to use those efficiently back at the time (or at least I thought so))
Dual cleavers (Same as Grakata - newbie's musthave)
Deathcube (I'll replace you, ye rusty bucket, as soon as we get more efficient combatant sentinel or after DE introduces your prime version)
Dethmachine (Blisfully replaced by Vulkok, which is more effective than the most of rank 0-4 players)

I'm not the most sentimental player, so I got rid of all my early gear except the deathcube by this moment, as you have probably figured out already. 

Edited by Teloch

frame: excalibur (my starter frame)

primary: braton vandal

secondary: lato vandal

melee: heat sword (first melee weapon on which I used a catalyst.  Don't laugh too hard, this used to be a good weapon)

Edited by Fretless

Flux Rifle. 7 Formae. Remembering Damage 1.0 in which it was one of the best rifles (completly ignoring the entire armor rating)

Galatine. Because broken bull bull bull bull bull bull bull bull... is broken. And looks silly.

Frost Prime. Got the BP in the event and farmed him very fast when he came out (Update adding the Void).

Despairs - got them when stalker 2.0 came out. They're silly.