The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Dear De Fix The Alt+Tab Problem

Draco_The_Dragon

I was today at T1D and got invaded by Stalker and he drops Hate BP,but i press alt+tab to look at some wiki stuff about Warframe and when i tried to return back in the game,it just aint do anything.So i was forced to kill the process and start the game again and ofc i lose all progress aswell as Hate BP.That problem happens with me so many times and it's really gets annoying.So DE please fix this problem,so i'll be sure,that when i'll alt+tab i'll not face this prob again.And i'm not talk about connection problems,crashes.

U offering me the ways to avoid this,but it's a real problem,that devs must fix.

Have even considered that is a "your-side-only" issue?

I mean, i Alt tab alot, window borderless, full window, window with border, i use steam overlay aswell, overwolf and all that stuff.

Have 0 issues. I have another 3 friends that do basacly the same, only one complains, but the game doesn't get stuck, just takes a good 5 minutes due poor PC setup

I made a thread on it myself, but I'm not sure they're looking into it. Everyone kinda just says to run in windowed mode, which really isn't fixing the problem so much as it is pretending it doesn't exist, especially when windowed mode causes other problems of its own.

Multiple people have reported this issue.

I mean, i Alt tab alot, window borderless, full window, window with border, i use steam overlay aswell, overwolf and all that stuff.

Have 0 issues. I have another 3 friends that do basacly the same, only one complains, but the game doesn't get stuck, just takes a good 5 minutes due poor PC setup

same here

i have the habbit to alt tab every time

2 seconds loading screen -> alt tab

5 seconds till mission start -> alt tab

and so on

never had a problem

but what u can do instead of switching it to borderless fullscreen or something is this

make screenshots of all the stuff u get or record the full session

and if ur game crashs send the evidence that u droped part X to DE support

usualy theyll give it to u

but only if u can proof that u got it in the mission

Edited by Weidro

Have you considered running the game in borderless fullscreen? it's basically windowed mode, but fullscreen and without the borders, so it looks exactly like fullscreen.

Won't work. I have set borderless fullscreen and randomly alt tabbing unable to return back. In Win10 you can switch through process window in task manager, in Win7 its impossible.

Won't work. I have set borderless fullscreen and randomly alt tabbing unable to return back. In Win10 you can switch through process window in task manager, in Win7 its impossible.

That's weird. I alt tab all the time using Warframe and have not found an issue neither.

What are your specs guys? Maybe that will help DE. Also remember to save an EE.log if you guys need to force the program to close or it closes on you on this issue -- it may help DE.

Hey everyone,

The next hotfix update will include a potential fix for this alt-tab problem. The update has not been released yet, however once it goes live please try to alt-tab again and let us know if you are still having problems.

It would also be helpful to know any additional information about your PC's setup that may have an influence on your display, such as your GPU, monitor(s), DirectX version, resolution, etc.

Thanks.