Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Science Why U No Do Dis?

dangerdragon117

so I was watching a video of an in-development game called slime ranchers and thought to myself, WE NEED THIS IRL. so why science why. are slime creatures possible. if so, why have we not made any. we breed dogs into a completely different subspecies, why not slimes?

II

we need this v

cute_monster_02.jpg

Edited by dangerdragon117

you could get amoebas and watch them through a microscope

I'm not sure how humanoid water things are cute, but to each their own.

they are more then cute they are squishy and cute, and great for hugs

echo_the_slime_girl___giftie___by_chocol

find something that is cuter than this, I dare you.

is it scientifically possible? there ARE single celled organisms that are like this, but is this possible?

they ARE extremely popular, because they are in every fantasy game/film/anime/cartoon. IRL they would be a mega popularity, it would be like the time of walkmans.

is it scientifically possible? there ARE single celled organisms that are like this, but is this possible?

Doubtful. It would be a mass of disconnected cells and would not have a structure to speak of. Even jellyfish have structures. If you scrap the "oh and they can melt down and reform" thing then it might be a little more plausible. But you'd never see anything with an intelligence to speak of.

reminds me of digimon baby forms

those were EPIC, this will be EPIC ER

Doubtful. It would be a mass of disconnected cells and would not have a structure to speak of. Even jellyfish have structures. If you scrap the "oh and they can melt down and reform" thing then it might be a little more plausible. But you'd never see anything with an intelligence to speak of.

slime molds have intelligence and they can reform? our cells aren't connected either but they work just fine?

slime molds have intelligence and they can reform? our cells aren't connected either but they work just fine?

The "intelligence" that slime molds show is not the same conventional intelligence of a multicellular organism with a brain, each individual cell is NOT smart. they just have good survival instincts, they're all working together to expend as little energy as possible so that they can eat anything that they can, and make more of themselves.

Any modifications you breed/genetically modify into them would make them better... at eating anything that they can... meaning you. If they ever get "smart" enough to imitate cute girls to lure us to them... god help us all...

Edited by rapt0rman

the "intelligence" that slime molds show is not the same conventional intelligence of a multicellular organism with a brain, each individual cell is NOT smart. they just have good survival instincts, they're all working together to expend as little energy as possible so that they can eat anything that they can, and make more of themselves.

Any modifications you breed into them would make them better... at eating anything that they can... meaning you. If they ever get "smart" enough to imitate cute girls to lure us to them... god help us all...

remember what the guy from jurassic park said? "life finds a way"