Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question, Why Doesn't Anyone Swear In Warframe If It's Rated Mature?

(XBOX)gnashermaster97

Question

Swearing doesn't mean maturity. Honestly, if anyone used those words in a form of constructive argument, I wouldn't even bother.

Also, have you seen the ESRB rating of Warframe?

iGAU9yD.png

Nothing about language 

Yeah, this. Usually the rating also adds stuff like "use of alcohol & Drugs, Nudity, Mature language" etc...

a game can be rated M just for having one of those things in a single scene.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

• Like 1

Guys , to be honest for me when it swears in games it feels more realistic , i have played tons of games but there are few that really go on with swearing and when they do, they feel jsut more realistic  , because of that i simply like the game . If in warframe lets say that awesome voice user would start swearing instead of saying that he kills us like a feral kurbow , I would really feel his rage that he lost his cloning that it was precious to him , that he lost his self control. De is probably trying to avoid it , but to be honest i am for it , Because with swearing u can Really feel the enemies emotion

Edit: 

As an extra i do not mean meaningles swearing , i got an example for you:

Now take the voided vor , he is always so calm speaking explaining things , liek he is fearless he does not care that he dies . Now if their is special mission where lets say you need to destroy 4 towers , and after destroying 1 tower he starts to be nervoius increasing his speech speed , after destroying second he starts swearing at you Etc , i think you would feel the emotion of his fear , that he is really being destroyed .

Edited by mantasas17x

I imagine the grineer and corpus swear at us in their own language. Im guessing the higher up npc's use English as a common form of communication among the different factions. This way Corpus can talk to Grineer and civilians can talk to others from different regions of the Origin System.

• Like 1

Guys , to be honest for me when it swears in games it feels more realistic , i have played tons of games but there are few that really go on with swearing and when they do, they feel jsut more realistic  , because of that i simply like the game . If in warframe lets say that awesome voice user would start swearing instead of saying that he kills us like a feral kurbow , I would really feel his rage that he lost his cloning that it was precious to him , that he lost his self control. De is probably trying to avoid it , but to be honest i am for it , Because with swearing u can Really feel the enemies emotion

i think in that case (like with tyl regor) he would just make a undecypherable mess of swears in grinneer.

• Like 2

i think in that case (like with tyl regor) he would just make a undecypherable mess of swears in grinneer.

he should still say it to US he is mad on US not on himself WE destroyed it so he should ATTACK US with his word to intimidate us, to show us his fury! 

Swearing can work when it fits, but I don't think it fits. Warframe and its characters have cultivated a certain kind of atmosphere and, along with that, a certain kind of dialogue aesthetic, one that I really can't imagine most curse words fitting into without sounding strange. The Corpus are more likely to act like smarmy rich people, the Grineer are more likely to shoot someone instead, the Infested can't talk, and the Sentients...well, listen to Hunhow's dialogue and tell me you can imagine him dropping an F-bomb. The only character I can think of who might swear is Maroo, as she's demonstrated herself to be somewhat irreverent in conversation. But otherwise it feels like it'd be really out of place to me.

A simpler answer also is that while swearing requires a mature rating, the reverse is not necessarily true.

• Like 2

we are mature and as such dont need to curse

tenno are mature and very zen 

i just thought up a better reason that fits into the second dream...

The tenno are still children, so the lotus (as a responsible parental figure) makes sure that they don't introduce profanity to the tenno, lest they suffer a fate far worse than death.

I enjoy the creative dialogue that DE comes up with, I don't want that replaced with generic swear words. I mean cmon, who doesn't love Tyl Regor's lines.

Oh look, it's Alad the coward. Quivering behind the lizards? (Tsk) Shameful. Never thought I'd see it. ...Hah! Who am I kidding? Always knew you had no bone in that back. Alad the jellyfish. Stinky, floppy, jellyfish. Washed up on the beach now. And then what are you going to do, jelly? When I come by and poke at you with my stick.

Edited by Zachatoo
  • Like 1

I imagine the grineer and corpus swear at us in their own language. Im guessing the higher up npc's use English as a common form of communication among the different factions. This way Corpus can talk to Grineer and civilians can talk to others from different regions of the Origin System.

Been watching Firefly?

he should still say it to US he is mad on US not on himself WE destroyed it so he should ATTACK US with his word to intimidate us, to show us his fury! 

Nearly every single boss that we fight actually does intimidate us with their words.

"I will fill my lungs with your death." - Sargas Ruk

"Let my gavel ring justice off of your thin tin skull." - Tyl Regor

"Do you not realize that your Lotus has sent you to die?" - Captain Vor

None of these require profanity and said profanity would do nothing but feel forced. Within the context of the game, and the situation we're in, these are all plenty intimidating.

• Like 2