The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Able To Give Nicknames To Weapons?

Kaotyke

Will be pretty hard to figure out your groups layout imo

Shasha

Awp

Big mamba

JOHN CENA(kubrow)

It's like okay? I have no clue what he's bringing

There is a reason I put the Original name of the weapon on the side of the Nickname. It will show.

Guys... It was already said the names would appear in the squad UI FOLLOWED by the actual gun name in Parenthesis.

For example:

Swordsman Kekoni (Excalibur)

Laz0r Cannon (Opticor)
ACHOOO-whoops killed myself (Angstrum)
FISTS OF FURY (Furax)

Omnomnomnator (Chesa Kubrow)

...That way people can have fun showing off creative loadouts but will still be able to verify the guns before more difficult missions.

Personally though, from what I'm reading in this thread some of you need to understand that anyone with just a fully modded and Formad Zephyr and Skana and good Skill will fare a thousand times better than any newb with a modless Rhino Prime, Boltor Prime, Angstrum, and Dragon Nikana.
So lookin' at one's loadouts alone mean squat.

The only thing that matters is Skill and a good enough Modding, neither of which can be seen from our Squad UI. So why do we even have the option again...?

If this only applies to client side then absolutely. If its for both sides, then no. I don't want to join into any game and found out that my teammates are foul mouthed tennos.

We already have a filter for Kubrow names, so foul language sure wouldn't be a problem. :P

Edited by -Cen.Silver-

It's more immersion breakin' that it leaves my arm when I switch to other wep or Scannerz, so it'd be more accurate to say we need an Energy Arm Cannon where I can rapid and charge fire so my MegaRhino X can have a Better Buster... XD

(And Zephy Aran too)

But I'm thinking DE might never do it because it tends to be a big, easy-to-recognize thing in Media, so I was thinking that instead we might try getting instead some sorta Corpus or Tenno themed Shooter-Robot frame, with skills that allow it to rapid fire or charge shot from Arms (Maybe with different ammunitions, like Ivara's arrows? :D ) and a duration-based ult that makes both its Arms be able to shoot at the same time! XD

Or, quote the meme girl, why not both?!? :D

id dig that frame, and color him blue, or red and give him a beamsword if we ever get one

Mind if I share what I would name my favorite loadout?

Brain's Bane (Daikyu)

Hitch-Hikers (Castanas)

The Glass Razor (Ether Reaper)

Or

The Cubist's Symphony (Quanta)

Heavy Faith (Spira)

Gravity's Price (Halikar)

I really think that this is a fantastic idea, and I would have a lot of fun thinking up some good names. Maybe a drop similar to Oberon? That would be nice.

+1 agree

Dora's Backpack (Carrier Prime)

Long Dong (War)

Excalibuff (Excalibur)

J*** everywhere (Atomos) ;)

I knew someone would come up with the Atomos joke in no time

But I'll admit I naming Carrier Dora's Backpack was brilliant...

Edited by -Cen.Silver-

No, thanks - a number of gamers, when given the chance, tend be immature and highly sex-obsessed (which begs the question 'why?') so I can only imagine the names people would come up with to represent phalluses and the like. 

That said, if I could turn this option off ( "DISPLAY CUSTOM WEAPON NAMES" ON/OFF ), I'd not utter a word, nor would I care in the slightest.

Edited by Kenboushou

First these girls name their cars, now they want to name their virtual guns.

I thought it was the guys that started it by naming their boats, swords and castles.

I'm all for this. I want to start experimenting with faction specific builds and being able to name the guns would help.

Right now, I use the load out slots and hope I don't mess something up.

Edited by Noamuth

I thought it was the guys that started it by naming their boats, swords and castles.

I'm all for this. I want to start experimenting with faction specific builds and being able to name the guns would help.

Right now, I use the load out slots and hope I don't mess something up.

I think you will want to ask about this...

vvvvvvvv

Also Galatine renamed into "Noamuth vult" for reasons.

I'm VERY curious.

I'm VERY curious.

Noamuth is the god of noodles and innuendos. Non-believers must be purged in the crusade. And Noamuth Vult because when the pope declared the first crusade in 1095 the crowd screamed "Deus Vult". "Deus" means god and "Vult" means wants it. So "Noamuth Vult" would then mean "Noamuth wants it"