The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Could Someone Tell Me What Would Be The Esiest To Get Upgrade To The Mk1-Paris?

DrakeArron

Question

It seems automatic wepons just don't suit me very well, and while I'm okay with a semi- automatic, I'd only like one, and I wouldn't use it very often.

It seems the best primary wepon for me to use is a bow, that is, a weapon that has the best chance of one- shotting an enemy, or at least uses the fewest shots possible. I don't really mind if it takes longer in the overall time to actually fire of two shots then several from a semi/automatic.

The problem is, it seems all of the obvious upgrades to the MK1- Paris- that is, other bows- are either hard to get the blueprints for (dread), or require components that will take me a long time to get, such as forma or plastids (Keeping in mind that I'm very new to the game).

So, what would be the best option for me to look for in such a weapon, as it seems to be the kind I prefer? I think it's clear a bow wouldn't be it as they all seem to have a high production cost, but I feel like it would take forever to look through all of the other primary weapons, so I'm asking here. Is there, for example, a fairly easy to get charged rifle.

Keep in mind, I don't even really care if its a severe downgrade from the best semi- automatic rifle, for example. I just want to be able to move on from my starting gear sometime soon while keeping the play- style that seems to suit me best.

I guess the only other thing to mention is that I'm only rank two ATM, though I'll probably be rank three tomorrow, and I'm not opposed to waiting a couple days if the best option is at rank four. Rank five might be a bit long of a wait for me though.

Alright, that's everything. Hopefully I didn't leave anything important out, and someone can help me. Thanks!

Well, you could put in the time and effort to hit MR 12 and rank up Red Veil's syndicate to pick up the Rakta Cernos.

It's a fairly beastly bow, with no build costs.  100,000 rep IIRC.

However, you can purchase the Paris BP from the market and build it.  Per the wiki, it has simple build costs - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Paris and it's not that bad. 

Same for the Cernos - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cernos 

The Latron is a decent single fire weapon, and you might look into the Sniper rifle line - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sniper_Rifles 

If you're interested in dealing with Syndicates, the Vulkar has an augment from New Loka (I can get this for you) 

Augment - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lasting_Purity 

Vulkar - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vulkar

Edited by Noamuth

Have you tried looking at Shotguns? the Hek is ridiculously easy to get and is a VERY solid endgame weapon. it one-shots the L120+ Enemies in Sorties reliably.

If you're intent on sticking with Rifles though, I personally find the Latron (particularly the Latron Prime) and the Sybaris to be VERY reliable weapons, though their damage falls off eventually and they're not perfect for say, Sorties. they'll get the job done without any Forma, but you'll be burning far more ammo than you should

for Bows, the Dread is arguably one of the best, though people like the Rakta Cernos (MR 12 locked) and the Paris Prime (which is hideous) though even the regular Paris (BP bought from Market) is a direct upgrade to the Mk-1 Paris. so DEFINITELY start with that

Well, you could put in the time and effort to hit MR 12 and rank up Red Veil's syndicate to pick up the Rakta Cernos.

It's a fairly beastly bow, with no build costs.  125,000 rep IIRC.

FTFY

Also, paris bow, for starters. Easily accessible from the market. Go collect the materials needed though (shouldn't be a lot).

Dread is pretty okay as well, competes with paris prime. Dread being the rarer of the 2 (drops from the stalker) and paris prime being the most tedious (requires 4 parts from the void).

And, stated from the aforementioned, rakta cernos is probably the best bow out there, with the fastest draw time.

Oh, and there's the daikyu, if you want a low-crit, high-status, slow-drawing longbow that has its own unique mod (forgot the name, spring-loaded broadhead?)

Edited by p3z1

It's a fairly beastly bow, with no build costs.  100,000 rep IIRC.

However, you can purchase the Paris BP from the market and build it.  Per the wiki, it has simple build costs - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Paris and it's not that bad. 

Same for the Cernos - http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cernos 

The reason I wasn't looking at those was that I'd read plastids were the hardest to get non- rare ingredient, so I figured it would be a while before I had enough to build either of  them. If what I read (I think it was on the wiki) was wrong though and you'd be able to get enough plastids within a day or two then I guess I could try grinding for them.

Have you tried looking at Shotguns? the Hek is ridiculously easy to get and is a VERY solid endgame weapon. it one-shots the L120+ Enemies in Sorties reliably.

If you're intent on sticking with Rifles though, I personally find the Latron (particularly the Latron Prime) and the Sybaris to be VERY reliable weapons, though their damage falls off eventually and they're not perfect for say, Sorties. they'll get the job done without any Forma, but you'll be burning far more ammo than you should

for Bows, the Dread is arguably one of the best, though people like the Rakta Cernos (MR 12 locked) and the Paris Prime (which is hideous) though even the regular Paris (BP bought from Market) is a direct upgrade to the Mk-1 Paris. so DEFINITELY start with that

I'll take a look at shotguns, I guess. I didn't figure thinking of them because I generally prefer to stay at a long range when using my primary weapon- if I'm going to go at a close range I'd rather just use my melee attacks. Unless the shotguns in this game are longer range then in most other games, in which case I'll definitely consider them.

The reason I wasn't looking at those was that I'd read plastids were the hardest to get non- rare ingredient, so I figured it would be a while before I had enough to build either of  them. If what I read (I think it was on the wiki) was wrong though and you'd be able to get enough plastids within a day or two then I guess I could try grinding for them.

Personally, Plastids aren't that hard to get once you've unlocked Saturn.  Just run some Defenses or Survivals and open all the containers you find (actually, you can do that for every node) and you should get them quickly.

Plastids are easy to farm, just run a Saturn survival OR ask someone for a taxi/help (easy if you have a clan) to Eris Dark Sector Defense.

Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into doing that then. I guess the wiki made them sound harder to get then I anticipated.

Personally, Plastids aren't that hard to get once you've unlocked Saturn.  Just run some Defenses or Survivals and open all the containers you find (actually, you can do that for every node) and you should get them quickly.

KK,  same answer here as to Hentai, just figured I'd quote you so you knew I got your message.

If you would like a hand in game, feel free to add me.  

Not offering to power run you through stuff, but I can give you a hand with running through missions. 

Sure, maybe I'll do that. I do kind of have someone doing that with me though already, so only if you wouldn't mind.

(Sorry to anyone who finds my responding to everyone indivualy annoying, I respond to someone who on my browser posted latest and by the time I finish another post has come up. Way faster response time on these forums then I'm used too).

I'm looking at the weapons on the wiki but I don't see a better path than Paris or Cernos and then right to Paris Prime. Paris and Cernos aren't great because they won't hit 100% crit chance with Point Strike, but as an intermediate weapon they'd both be a fine step up from MK1-Paris and you could just stack damage rather than trying to crit build.

Then Paris Prime is only MR4 and all the parts drop in T1 and T2 keys.

I could mention Daikyu, but getting a forma BP and a rare mat from Saturn and Juptier is probably not that much easier than just getting Paris Prime, especially if you get help from the Recruiting tab.

Plastids are only hard to acquire for people who attempt to run low level missions. If you run any Eris, you'll be swimming in them in no time. There are only a handful of resources that are really 'rare'; namely items like Nitain that only drop as alert rewards, Tellurium which is the rare archwing resource, and then things like orokin cells, where you need quite a few of them to make many prime weapons. 

I'll take a look at shotguns, I guess. I didn't figure thinking of them because I generally prefer to stay at a long range when using my primary weapon- if I'm going to go at a close range I'd rather just use my melee attacks. Unless the shotguns in this game are longer range then in most other games, in which case I'll definitely consider them.

Shotguns are pretty beastly compared to other games, and there really aren't many occasions where you are at 'long' ranges altogether. Shotguns being primarily effective at 'shorter' ranges, but not really any shorter than most engagement distances. Damage falloff isn't too bad, just the pellet spread. The one major upside is that it is fairly easy to get headshots provided you shoot in the general area of an enemies head, and the Hek has its own syndicate augment for 200% multishot. 

Hek's not a bad idea. That shotgun actually used to be used like a sniper rifle until they added falloff to the damage and it's a different rare mat from Cernos or Paris.

What are you holding? Where do you like to play?

Gallium / Mars -> Craft Cernos

Morphics / Mercury -> Craft Paris

Neurodes / earth -> Craft Hek

Then go get Paris Prime.

The Hek has a rediculous range when it comes to shotguns. if you don't use a mod to increase the spread, it'll keep most of its damage the entirety of the distance across the smaller rooms, and you can even "snipe' with it though it may take 2-3 shots (vs 1-2 up-close) it DOES only have a 4-round clip with a rather hefty reload (for shotguns) but the sheer damage output when modded properly is staggering

It seems automatic wepons just don't suit me very well, and while I'm okay with a semi- automatic, I'd only like one, and I wouldn't use it very often.

It seems the best primary wepon for me to use is a bow, that is, a weapon that has the best chance of one- shotting an enemy, or at least uses the fewest shots possible. I don't really mind if it takes longer in the overall time to actually fire of two shots then several from a semi/automatic.

The problem is, it seems all of the obvious upgrades to the MK1- Paris- that is, other bows- are either hard to get the blueprints for (dread), or require components that will take me a long time to get, such as forma or plastids (Keeping in mind that I'm very new to the game).

So, what would be the best option for me to look for in such a weapon, as it seems to be the kind I prefer? I think it's clear a bow wouldn't be it as they all seem to have a high production cost, but I feel like it would take forever to look through all of the other primary weapons, so I'm asking here. Is there, for example, a fairly easy to get charged rifle.

Keep in mind, I don't even really care if its a severe downgrade from the best semi- automatic rifle, for example. I just want to be able to move on from my starting gear sometime soon while keeping the play- style that seems to suit me best.

I guess the only other thing to mention is that I'm only rank two ATM, though I'll probably be rank three tomorrow, and I'm not opposed to waiting a couple days if the best option is at rank four. Rank five might be a bit long of a wait for me though.

Alright, that's everything. Hopefully I didn't leave anything important out, and someone can help me. Thanks!

I'm not sure why everyone is suggesting weapons far from a bow. OP said he didn't want auto weapons, and semi-auto was not optimal. Latron is nothing like a bow, neither is any current shotgun.

My friend, the weapon you seek is a Lanka. And now that the sniper buff is here, you should run, not walk to your nearest energy lab and pickup that blueprint.

Edited by (XB1)Sacrfishal Lamb

If you have plat or enough void keys go after the Paris Prime, its innate punch through helps drop grineer like flies. 

If you need supplies and not in a clan either join a clan or find a group that you can tag along with to get the supplies needed.

I know you said automatic are not your suit but the Boltor is cheap to craft and has the feel of a bow/crossbow/rifle bastard child. Its automatic but there is travel time with the bolts. With the right mods you can add punch through and make it into a one or two shot killing machine.

I've found that for new players the best progression is typically Braton, Karrak and then Latron.  This should follow mastery rank progression as well.

It gives you a feel for different weapon types that are moderately powerful for their level and gives you a base arsenal to work from when you start to mod for progression.

Latron will probably be the best workhorse for those who like 1 shot 1 kill playstyle and works well against both Corpus and Grineer.

I'm not sure why everyone is suggesting weapons far from a bow. OP said he didn't want auto weapons, and semi-auto was not optimal. Latron is nothing like a bow, neither is any current shotgun.

My friend, the weapon you seek is a Lanka. And now that the sniper buff is here, you should run, not walk to your nearest energy lab and pickup that blueprint.

Because be stated he was very new and had very little resources. I play with bows a lot and love the challenge of landing headshots but when I was brand new and trying to build a sniper rifle the resource requirements were just too much so I suggested a weapon that is similarly rewarding for headshots that can be easily crafted. The Latron.