Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Way Not To Use A Stance When Having Only Melee?

Rejutka_Lupex

Question

I just did a "melee only" sortie, exterminate, thinking it'd be fun to mash those first-tier enemies.

To my horror I realized that the stance/melee fight/whatever-you-call-it is always on, crippling my movement speed.

I NEVER intentionally use that, the only reason I even have a stance mod equipped is for the points.

So, is there a way to get rid of this when having only melee equipped? I want to button-mash for melee, not try to do some button-juggling or stop every third move.

14 answers to this question

Yes. Take the stance mod off.

Forma your weapon once or twice and you'll have enough points to do so without crippling your build.

Edit: Wait a minute. On second thought, equip your scanner. That will make you quick melee like you want.

Edited by Roboplus

i've noticed for the last couple updates my melees seem to use the stance "powers" when i quick melee as i watch the victim disintegrate and float away like i had my melee weapon equipped and was using it when that was not the case. i can be happily shooting things and just hit "e" to chop someone in half and it activates. it needs to be looked into.

i've noticed for the last couple updates my melees seem to use the stance "powers" when i quick melee as i watch the victim disintegrate and float away like i had my melee weapon equipped and was using it when that was not the case. i can be happily shooting things and just hit "e" to chop someone in half and it activates. it needs to be looked into.

That's probably your elemental build. Is it blast? Blast does that on kill.