The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

19 Frames, Essential Guide Still Valid?

xFrostKnightx

Question

22 answers to this question

I like how Rhino/Loki & Forst are listed in here, where none of them require any great skill to use at all. Tho I can't help but laugh at how they are calling Valkr a RP frame, I wonder what was going inside that persons head when he made this.

Just to be clear OP, your not the one who made this right?, cuz if you did, your going to need one hell of Flame-Rest card, cuz this topic is clearly flame-baiting. 

To be honest, if I'd even started playing WF when this 'guide' was produced and it was shown to me, I still wouldn't follow it. Seems like nonsense right from the off.

Plus the colour coding sucks, I understand the 'best sellers' have different icons than 'rejected' but really? Both use very similar shades of red.

Edited by Naith

I don't believe this was ever meant to be taken seriously. It was never valid to begin with, it was used for cheap laughs.

Not sure about that. I can see how some of these opinions may have existed for some of the frames at one point or another. You've got the silly dismissive reviews for some frames but then you've got some approval comments which are loosely along the lines of why the frames were/are popular/useful/go to.

If not, bet at least someone took it seriously back then O_o

Edited by Naith

Ash:Armor stripper with decent survivability

Banshee:ULTIMATE damage booster

Ember:Low lvl bulldozer

Excal:EB turret

Frost:ULTIMATE survivability

Hydroid:Loot cave with tentacles

Loki:Spy is in our base!!

Mag:Shield pop

Nekros:Vending machine

Nova:The answer to squad empty slot

Nyx:Nyx Nyx Nyx

Oberon:Paper Paladin

Rhino:Environmental hazard suit

Saryn:Revisited Reworked Remodeled Re...

Trinity:ULTIMATE healer

Valkyr:Zero F given to both team and enemies

Booben:Choke point master

Volt:Speed runner

Zephyr:Bane corpus

Well most warframes these days will have atleast one really good/insane ability or synergy that can help you in a certain mission or even more than one type of missions. And in a game where the "end game" is to catch them all, you really are not suppose to use one frame only for everything.

Are some frames better than other? Yes, not because everyone is using them, but because they can adapt to more situations and missions than others. You may not want to play a certain frame, but that doesn't mean that X frame or Y frame is complete trash and useless.

Also that guide shows frames till Hydroid, and he appeared when? U13 I think? So yea, its pretty old.

Edited by Ognj

Ash: EXCUSE ME!?!? Ash is a killing machine unlike Loki!

Banshee: people need to watch this:

Ember: She's been reworked she's perfect.

Excalibur: Rework to epicness.

Frost: Great CC and survivable.

Hydroid: Good to increase loot drops with tentacles and decent outside of that.

Loki: Pretty much the same.

Mag: "Approved" when going against Corpus, best she can do to Grineer and Infested is CC.

Nekros: Not useless, can do more than increase loot. Can create his own army and is tanky with Shields of Shadows.

Nova: Pretty much the same.

Nyx: Pretty much the same (unless counting augment mods than better)

Oberon: not completely terrible, he has been buff and is now performing decently.

Rhino: Better than before, he now scales.

Saryn: Huge rework and is awesome, but a bit spammy.

Trinity: Pretty much the same.

Valkyr: Honestly, mix feelings of good and bad.

Vauban: no longer as OP as he was before, but still going strong.

Volt: He's good at low to mid level, but he does fall off at high levels.

Zephyr: Judging a frame by appearance instead of mechanics is a no no. Unfortunately her best skill is Turbulence and maybe Tailwind.

Edited by NekroArts

If we go by the ranking in that pic, nearly every frame listed there is either approved or best seller by today. However the picture is not wrong in saying most frames were not that viable for the challenges the game was providing back then. Took a long time for De to look at the frames and start changing them for the better.

Edited by Darkmoone1

*Banshee*

First, thank you for posting that.

Second, excuse me, I have to go git gud now, because that video made me hang my head in shame.  

On topic: I started playing at U17, but that seems like a joke chart to me.  If that's not a joke, someone took himself way too serious at some point.

I love how it says Excalibur was "only good for brand new player's at best".  Whenever that was made, Excalibur was an amazing frame.  Max Stretch/Overextended/Efficiency would let Radial Blind bring a map to a halt for a couple energy points, and ensure that NONE of the enemies moved.  His crowd control was wonderful.

And when his blind worked through walls?  I actually saw someone say he was Overpowered.  (Note:  someONE, only one person).

There's a reason Excal is my main.  He was my first, and out of necessity, I learned how to use him.  Never had anyone complain about me bringing him to any kind of mission, even when "he sucked".  He got a lot of hate as Warframe's poster boy.

Of course, now with his second rework, he's top-tier.