Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Are Sorties Worth It?

Auramaru

Hello everyone, 

I've talked with a number of people about Sorties, their rewards, and the whole design behind the Sortie system. Many people have different opinions on the Sortie system, and I would like to take a large sample of the community and offer a simple Yes-No-Maybe question:

In your opinion: Are Sorties (currently, in Season 3,) worth completing for the rewards that are offered?

http://strawpoll.me/6593423

You may consider difficulty, time-requirements, RNG, or any other variables at your own discretion in your choice. If you would like to leave a post here with your thoughts on the topic, feel free!

As always, thank you for participating - I am incredibly interested in the results.

-Aura

Edited by Aura

they are not at the moment.

i always ask my self why im still doing it when i am on the last mission 

but DE are gone build a new kind of system something whit tokens as reward and that you can use it like ducats but whit maroo

Cool for the challenge.

Annoying for showing the reward and not getting the one you crave.

It would be better to get rewarded in tiers. If you do the first tier(sortie), you get one of tier one rewards. Do 2nd, etc. Do all, get all 3 tiers rewards and a completion reward. Having to go through a mission and then getting one reward and neededing to wait again....not as fun.

That is fast thought of the day.

I began questioning this, myself, after my 3rd week: half my rewards were lenses (even after I had purchased an ABUNDANCE of Greater Lenses from the Market) while the other half were Dera BP's and Karak parts - both of which I already own(ed). Frustrated, I stopped doing them.

Then on Monday, the 4th week console "release" anniversary, my buddy talked me into helping him out through his Sorties and we were awarded a Legendary Core.

Faith restored.

I've gone back to doing them - albeit solo.

Definitely not.

Currently the amount of time it takes to complete a sortie is far to much for me, not to mention you have to complete all 3 to get the reward, when I still need to get my focus done (which is more important) as well as farm ducats for Void Trader, then once those are done I might consider it but so far getting frame / weapon builds set and forma'd it doesn't leave much time to focus on them.

So for a daily mission, it gets bottom shelf. The only thing that will change that is if they add a gun i don't have yet to the loot table, then i will do them but not on a daily basis and i can trade for parts I need at the end of the season. I expect that most people that run it daily will still never see a legendary core so I don't really consider that part of the loot table.

Honestly, the only issue I seem to have with the Sorties is RNG, however, I have that problem with everything I do.

Picking the correct frame for the given situation + player's skill level will determine the difficulty of the mission.

Unless it's Survival, Defense, or maybe Interception, then the time it takes to finish the mission is based entirely on the player's skill level.

To sum it up, I think the difficulty, time required, and RNG/rewards are just fine where they are. If a player is having difficulty soloing the missions then either A) get better, or B) get in a group.

In terms of end sortie run reward, not really worth it even though I still try hoping to get my lens or the legendary core

In terms of mission end reward on each sortie, yes I get a lot of exp for a short run and good credits. I know dark sector gives a lot but I don't get 220k for 10 mins or 20 if survival. I do want to see how DE does the Token system, hopefully not cause more RNG rage

Absolutely not. The drop table has 4 to 5 times more items than any other drop table in the game. The percentage of getting the drop for the most wanted parts is about the same (slim to none). And you have to do 3 to 4 times the time and effort for a single reward.

I did 3 sorties and finally realized how futile it was.

Will the tokens change that?

I don't know, lets keep and open mind and wait and see.

Eh, I stopped doing them, I dislike the endless mission ones. They arent really hard, just tedious, I often wish stuff spawned faster. I have no real faith that ill get anything decent from the rewards, I always seem to get lenses.

Edited by Vanroe