Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Manic Bombard Eximus

(PSN)nerex33

Question

For anyone who is trying to complete their codex and needs to farm the Manic Bombard Eximus, this may help you a ton.

For the past couple of days I have been farming Uranus underwater sealab sabotage missions with the hopes of the bombard spawning vice the lab you have to destroy. While hoping for the bombard spawn, I also wished for him to spawn as an eximus unit for scanning purposes. Two straight days with only one spawn, and then it hit me. You are 'penalized' for for not being stealthy by the addition of more and/or more difficult enemy spawns than the usual enemy type found in that mission. So, with that in mind, I triggered both alarms in the room with the manic bombard causing a lock down. Once the lock down was in effect, I triggered the bombard and sure enough, he spawned as an eximus. Twice in a row. 

I have not repeated this since after two days of doing this, I am done with it for a long time as two days of it has taken a toll, but if anyone else hunting him could share here if that worked for you as well, we could save a lot of players a lot of time. 

Edited by (PS4)nerex33

20 answers to this question

So I just tried it two more times. I made sure both alarms went off while I was in the first room that leads to the bombard room. Both times a normal bombard spawned. I cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: Ok so I tried it one more time and I triggered the alarm before getting to the manic room. I then hacked the alarm so its back to normal, then waited for the alarm and lockdown. I didn't kill the scanner thing either, and just walked into its scanning range. Got a eximus bombard. YAY

Edited by Ins.

OK, I had to try it again as much as I didn't want to, but I got the same exact results, eximus every time. Are you sure you triggered the two alarms in the manic bombard room? I noticed that even if one was active prior to entering that area, it wouldn't matter and that 2 alarms had to be triggered in that room. If it doesn't go into lock down, the chance to spawn an eximus unit must be low and is apparently guaranteed if you trigger a lock down in that room. 

Got it to work for me as well.  Take out the floating scanner first, as the Bombard will activate himself if you're seen by it.  Also, don't hang around the central room with the Bombard itself, but in the side rooms that actually have the hack panels, and play hide and seek for a few minutes (10?) with the Grineer until they actually lock down the room. 

Edited by N64Gamefreak

I'm not getting this to work by some reason.

I get the lockdown to the Sabotage room in which the Manic Bombard spawns in the middle with injectors sticking into it.

I've tried it so that the lift has lowered him down before the lockdown AND the way that he is lowered down after the lockdown. Each time I get regular Manic Bombard. One time I actually don't know which version he was as I accidentally killed him with my Brakk before he stumbled off of the genetic machine =/

What am I doing wrong?

Edit:

Now I had regular alert on from the start of the mission.

I came to the Manic room and just walked past the middle room bringing the Manic pod down.

Teased a grineer soldier to make _another_ alert, NOT lockdown, don't ask why it wasn't marked as a lockdown.

Then I made contact with the laser regulator which brought the Manic Bombard to play.

Now it was Eximus version.

This is so weird imo.

Edited by -Zr-Scroll

Amazing. I have been trying to get these scans for what feels like an eternity.

My conditions that spawned an eximus, after all this time (thank you so very, very much OP):

-Seteboss (not nightmare, likely irrelevant)
-"everybody on alert" alarm on before getting in the Manic room (likely irrelevant, meaning it doesn't matter if you set of the alarm at the beginning, or while in the room)
-Destroyed scanner drone (likely irrelevant, as long as the manic bombard doesn't fully spawn before the lockdown happens)
-Set off the lockdown alert while in the manic room, with the manic tube down. Lotus said we're in lockdown.
-Booped the manic bombard with melee so he'd spawn.
-Amazing very attractive eximus specimen. Simaris would drool.
-A very happy tenno.

I would think that being locked down in the room is the most important thing, but the post above mine seems to say otherwise. I did get a secondary alarm going once, that didn't say lockdown, but the bombard didn't spawn as an eximus. Either way, very very good thread for us codex-obsessed ppl.

EDIT: I think it's best to hack into the manic room first, then get them to set the alarms off, then get locked down in the room. After several more runs, it seems that hacking into the room while the alarms are on has a chance to screw up the second alarm being a true lockdown. As long as Lotus says you're locked down, and there's a yellow hack symbol on the map in addition to the yellow objective diamond, you should be good to go and spawn the manic eximus.

I would suggest getting the eximus to spawn, then hacking the alarms away and waiting for it to become vulnerable to a stealth melee attack, and then scan it, so you only have to encounter him twice (stealth scans count for two codex ticks, remember), and he needs 3 ticks.

GG and thanks again OP.

Edited by Novaster

I found when I was doing it (also on Seteboss), it didn't matter whether any alarms were triggered outside of the manic's holding chamber, I've had alarms activated before going in and times where I was 100% stealth all the way there, even left outside alarms active and deactivated them, none of it seemed to matter as long as I triggered 2 consecutive alarms in the manic's holding chamber and a lockdown was in effect, it always spawned an eximus variant.

On the flip-side, It would always spawn a non-eximus variant if I was detected or triggered the manic to awaken before triggering a lockdown in that room.

Nothing else was a factor in getting the eximus variant to spawn in my case since outside alarms don't seem to apply to the manic room, I've destroyed and left alive the sentry drone, killed all or not killed any of the ads in the room, etc. All that seemed to matter was the lockdown. Keep in mind that this could just be some amazingly out-of-this-world luck in my case, but I highly doubt that.

Thank you to all who have or will contribute their experiences to this thread, and I'm glad I could help ease some codex completion pain.  

Edited by (PS4)nerex33

Oh wow, it took a while to get it right and after that I had to get the right objective 2 times as well, but I did it!

tj0sQhg.jpg

If the enemies in the side rooms are not cooperating with you and don't want to initiate the alarm / lockdown, you can try to get more enemies in the sabotage room from the tiles before it. Regardless, alerting the enemies and then hiding over and over again will cause them to run to the console at a certain point.

Now, the first time I managed to get the enemies to lock down the sabotage room, it spawned a normal Manic Bombard. It might have been because I triggered him by attacking him with my melee. The second and third time I ran to the middle room and showed myself to the regulator, which spawned an eximus one each time.

In any way, I'm really glad I finally got this scan done! Thank you for this info!

Ok, so I got the room locked down with myself in it then ran into the scan bot. Didn't get a Manic Bombard Eximus.

I THEN tried Novaster's suggestion of killing the scanner that goes around the room. Getting the lockdown to activate then melee the bombard once. Boom, eximus twice in a row now. Thanks guys, you are life savers.

Till now Ihad 1/3 Manic Bombard Eximus scans. I did mine with triggering alarm but dont remember before or after enetring manic room. Later I tried many more times triggering alarm before entering lab room and it didnt worked. I tried then triggering both alarm and lockdown while in lab room and it WORKED 2/2! It takes some time playing with grinner to do it and avoiding regulator (easy with loki).

I'd been struggling with this even with the steps mentioned here. I only needed two scans since I got one randomly when the Manic Bombards were released. I was finally able to get it to spawn an eximus variant twice in a row.

I used Ivara with Infiltrator.

I never triggered an alarm until in the manic bombard lab. This means while defending the pump as well. I just stayed invisible and killed the mobs.

When in the manic bombard lab I played hide and seek with the Grineer by using prowl and popping in and out of stealth by firing my secondary weapon randomly (read: not silenced weapon). The first enemy that saw me inside the lab triggered the first alarm (white). It takes some time to trigger the second alarm (yellow). I found running by the alarm console a couple of times when playing hide and seek useful. It's not necessary but I saw the Grineer getting stuck on terrain trying to run to and activate the console so this keeps them around the console. I never entered the middle chamber with the manic bombard. After the second alarm was triggered (yellow) I triggered the Manic Bombard Eximus by walking in front of the sensor regulator. Voila Eximus Bombard Manic spawned.

I tried killing the sensor regulator on previous runs with no success. I also tried entering the lab with the first alarm already triggered but that didn't work: I had to activate the alarm three times to get a lock down instead of the normal two but the eximus didn't spawn. As mentioned by others I think hacking into the room disables the first alarm which is why I decided to try a stealth run, which worked. I had tried to kill the sensor regulator on those runs as well so take from that what you will.

Good luck Tenno!

Edited by GiR8Tacos