Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Totalbiscuit Made Another Video/review About The Actual State Of Warframe.

AnOldAlias

I personally agree with him in regards to his criticisms about the game, even though I greatly enjoy Warframe so far, having only recently gotten into the game four about three weeks myself.

I really hope DE takes at least some of his feedback into account in regards of what they do to the game in the future.

Edited by (PS4)Clockwerk20X0

he makes a lot of strong points

hopefully the new starchart will FINALLY do something about the awful new-player experience that we've been trying to get DE to fix for 3 yrs now =/

becuz clearly the awful 'ring-map' nonsense and the liset did NOT help/fix anything in the ways that they clearly thought that it would =/

He talked about the new player experience...did he create a new account and play through the tutorials and stuff, or did he just come back to an old account from years ago?

Pretty sure the tutorial puts you through the paces even if you're a returning player. Did it to me after I left for awhile after Hydroid was introduced and came back when parkour 2.0 was implemented.

I like how he explained the mod system in a few minutes, i remember when Rebecca and Megan tried to explain it for new players in one of the past prime time...but i think they failed, the information was so confusing even for a vet player, they skipped a lot and jumped into the cost of upgrading them. i think and i really hope DE put more effort on explaining things this year, they should have someone who can stream and explain the basics (just and idea) it's pretty much impossible to explain the game to a new player, and the information in-game isn't enough. And about the whole video, i really enjoyed it, simple and direct to the point

Edited by Klasical

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I resent the notion that he'd support weapons and Warframes being purchasable with plat as being pay to win.

Those items don't give you a huge advantage. Ranked mods do. If you're just starting out, and you buy a Loki Prime and Boltor Prime, expecting the game to be easy mode - you're in for a surprise: they don't do you an good without maxed mods! Of course, maxed mods can be acquired with plat as well via trading, but that's not how TB presented it.

A lot of his criticisms about the game being shallow systems stacked on top of each other and being completely overwhelming for newcomers is spot on though - and it echoes what I've been saying for a long time.

His stuff isn't REALLY reviews per se. They're more along the lines of first impressions, or just his personal thoughts on games, and wether or not they might be worth your time. He doesn't do "reviews" in the traditional sense of the word.

I still treat his stuff like a guide to see if the games are good or not. It's a review to me. He's actually a better reviewer than reviewers....

It's like DE saying Warframe is still in "beta". :p

Edited by SicSlaver

He talked about the new player experience...did he create a new account and play through the tutorials and stuff, or did he just come back to an old account from years ago?

It was his old account. I remember that he stopped using his known ign and started playing games as ElPonchoGrande, IIRC because he had a little too much fun with the Secret world char creation.

I resent the notion that he'd support weapons and Warframes being purchasable with plat as being pay to win.

He actually points out how "pay to win" is a ridiculous notion in relation to a PvE game and corrected it to say "pay to skip", which is spot-on.