The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Salt Treat: Well Guess Im Done With This Event (Post Hotfix)

ZoneDymo

Making the drop rate from 2% to 4% is not helping much if the time it will take now is upped 600%

There is nothing fun about the missions we need to do, the RNG is distracting from the "epic" story that is supposedly going on.

Everything about RNG in an event is just a bad choice.

(inb4 bye bye, you dont have to play comments)

But yeah, this is just simply short sighted, ill just wait till yall finish it up and the final boss can be done.

Edit: Some extra info on my personal situation.

I did do the abort attempts...BUT with a friend and only in a private match.

Doing it that way in no way at all negatively impacted anyone, in fact it was less negative impact then the way it is post hotfix.

Before if I did not (for the billionth time) get the mod I still needed, I would abort and try again, doing so meant my added Acolyte damage was not counted towards the global total, so I was actually not even taking away from other people trying to get mods.

It was a Win Win situation.

Now I am forced to finish it, so chances are massively high that I dont get what I want, wasted my time and wasted some global life from the Acolyte so everyone else now also has less of a chance to get what they want.

Again....this entire premise is massively short sighted.

Totally unrelated, I dont get the Lore here.

"Alad V has returned, hunted by the Acolytes of Stalker for his crime of aiding the Lotus. "

So that is related to Second Dream right? because Alad helped out....but that was infested Alad....and this is normal Alad....how does that make any sense chronologically?

Edited by ZoneDymo

Making the drop rate from 2% to 4% is not helping much if the time it will take now is upped 600%

There is nothing fun about the missions we need to do, the RNG is distracting from the "epic" story that is supposedly going on.

Everything about RNG in an event is just a bad choice.

(inb4 bye bye, you dont have to play comments)

But yeah, this is just simply short sighted, ill just wait till yall finish it up and the final boss can be done.

Yep also [DE]Danielle's answer on one post was too funny, gonna find it fast

DE were likely thinking the same thing, which is why they said the drop rates have been doubled. Sounds far better that way.

As others have said, a guaranteed reward from killing the same guy/gal a certain number of times is a better system imo. 

Edited by DeMonkey

Chantepleur, on 27 Jan 2016 - 5:18 PM, said:

Too much RNG,

Too much grind.

DE should reconsider about this event.

Danielle:

Definitely reconsidered and will be making the following changes:

DERebecca, on 27 Jan 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

It is definitely very turbulent right now with the aborts. Work is in progress for the next Hotfix that will present the Mods on Mission Complete.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really doubt that was the problem he wanted to express xD

Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

There is nothing fun about running an assortment of missions? I much prefer this to any previous 'Run this mission a hundred times' event. Those are so mind-numbingly stupid.

Ah, the Corpus vs. Grineer pick a side, and don't do anything else but them, or you will negate your progress event....

Man that event was boring and time consuming as heck. At least this one takes you to different places and mission types and not "Invasion 24/7".

Time it takes me to sit through 5 rounds of defense I could've killed the acolyte 4-5 times.

I've been going this solo and while I do understand DE's want for people to not abort missions, this is NOT the way to go about fixing it.

Relying on RNG for a timed, limited reward is a horrible method that's done nothing but cause tons of frustration through out the reddit, forums and chat.

Time it takes me to sit through 5 rounds of defense I could've killed the acolyte 4-5 times.

I've been going this solo and while I do understand DE's want for people to not abort missions, this is NOT the way to go about fixing it.

Relying on RNG for a timed, limited reward is a horrible method that's done nothing but cause tons of frustration through out the reddit, forums and chat.

What do you do for T4 Tower Def C Prime parts? I mean...if you don't want to wait 20 rounds for a chance to get something, but want to go farm, yeah, uh, you might not wanna play Void Missions then.

There is nothing fun about running an assortment of missions? I much prefer this to any previous 'Run this mission a hundred times' event. Those are so mind-numbingly stupid.

Well yeah being forced to run something "hundreds of times" is indeed unwanted, I would never suggest such a thing.

But how about 35 times to have your guaranteed rewarded 4 mods per Acolyte? and all the other/extra runs is just to help the event progress faster.

Also just asking but, which previous event are you referring to? 

What do you do for T4 Tower Def C Prime parts? I mean...if you don't want to wait 20 rounds for a chance to get something, but want to go farm, yeah, uh, you might not wanna play Void Missions then.

Void mission drops are not time limited. The event mod drops are time limited.

Get the difference?

But you know, Prime parts are availible for about 2 years before they are taken to the vault. Here we have 10 days window to get these mods. Yeah, acolytes will be introduced outside even in the future. But who knows when that future will be. Primed Chamber was as well just "first introduced" in event and it's still not there.

Void mission drops are not time limited. The event mod drops are time limited.

Get the difference?

They're not time limited. The acolytes are still gunna be around. What makes you think the mods won't be with them? Just like the Brakk wasn't time-limited when they released it as craftable from G3 drops.

Okay, so you might have to wait a few days or weeks to get them, but they're not going away.

I gave up too. I'm not willing to fight RNG anymore. Let the acolytes kill Alad, I didn't like him anyway. Oh and can't forget about Torment already being dead. Misery may drop all of the mods and because of this he has a larger drop table and I'm not putting myself through anymore RNG just for nothing but frustration. As time goes on the RNG in this game gets worse and it's coming close to a point where I'm just going to stop playing (I've been playing since the release on steam).

Edit: This seems to be a huge problem with warframe currently (below)

3J8MMXl.png

Edited by DeathHeart64

The difference is a T4 Tower Def C Prime part isnt time limited to the community killing it in an event and then it not being available anymore. Those can be farmed non stop as long as you have keys, the parts can be traded at reasonable prices as demmand lowers and offer grows, and even after they go to the vault, you can still obtain them.

These event mods are a big big grind for stuff that will be vaulted till who knows when, as DE may re release them in a month or a year, and with a terrible drop system. It took me over 100 attempts to get Angst last drop I needed, imagine if I had to actually sit down through 100 missions to get it. Im already burned out considering I was quitting as soon as the reward wasnt what I needed.

Well yeah being forced to run something "hundreds of times" is indeed unwanted, I would never suggest such a thing.

But how about 35 times to have your guaranteed rewarded 4 mods per Acolyte? and all the other/extra runs is just to help the event progress faster.

Also just asking but, which previous event are you referring to? 

Gradivus and the third Fomorian event mostly. Nearly all of the events involve running the same mission quite a few times though.

I'm not being timed to get the T4 Defense parts.

I'm not worried that if I fail to get the part in time, that the tower will vanish.

We have open time to get prime parts from the void.

Saying these mods will be available again is not a good argument to this.

Patch notes claim the acolytes will stick around after the event but we don't know how often or how long.

People are STILL waiting for other event mods to make a return.

I've been running solo all this time trying to grind against the RNG out of fear of missing out.

This "Fix" just makes it all the more frustrating when I complete 5 rounds of defense or a 5 minute survival and get yet another Common mod drop.

Just like Bursas.

tumblr_n8izerIsYc1qzpn6vo1_500.gif

Just recently during the Proxy Rebellion Bursas made a short return and there was a mad rush for Tempo Royale. But yeah, otherwise they have yet to actually "be in game".

Edited by Xcedis

Now that alot of people are dropping out of the event the price for the mods are skyrocketting. DE is this really what you intended because by far this is the worst event i had to experience in this game.

And I thought that Fomorian one that destroyed relays was bad one. And that happened exactly on January last year, gosh.