Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade Rework Ideas

Ameijin-Grey

...the reaction to the OP is kinda surprising, I gotta say.

Excal may be balanced, and he's a damn sight more fun than before his rework. However, the optimal way to play him is to just mash melee forever while running in circles. That's not exactly fun. The OP's suggestions do not cost you anything but a little energy, and in return give incentive to design an actual build, and make him play in a more thoughtful way. I do agree that other frames need a rework desperately (Nekros, Oberon, etc.), and those should come first, but I support the spirit behind the OP's idea.

As for aerial enemies? Use Slash Dash. I've been saying this since day one... "excal is teh sux ur stpd casul" said the MLG babies, whereupon I auto-targeted 4 aerial enemies with a single Slash Dash, after they'd spent about 10 seconds trying to shoot them down. Didn't even have to try. I swear, people are blinded by ults. Channeling doesn't interfere with Excal's EB spam. I know because I have a channeling EB build. Rage + r1 Life Strike + Focus Energy. There. With those mods, the OP's suggestion has now improved your Excal's damage output at a trivial cost. If you still find channeling to be a hindrance, because you can't be bothered to toggle it as needed, then tailor a weapon exclusively for Excal.

If I may make an alternate suggestion, OP, rather than increasing the blade's damage, give it x3 multi-hit at full damage. Y'know, whenever the multi-hit feature actually rolls out. This would discourage striking with the blade while channeling, and give you a real reason to switch between channeled wave shots and direct hits, which would be substantially more powerful than the waves. But if you need that momentary kick in damage, you can channel for a couple melee hits to wreck a bombard.

GG wp forums, despite the fact that new melee mods have been released which close the gap between normal melees and abilties like EB, ppl still wanna cry for a nerf.

...the reaction to the OP is kinda surprising, I gotta say.

Excal may be balanced, and he's a damn sight more fun than before his rework. However, the optimal way to play him is to just mash melee forever while running in circles. That's not exactly fun. The OP's suggestions do not cost you anything but a little energy, and in return give incentive to design an actual build, and make him play in a more thoughtful way. I do agree that other frames need a rework desperately (Nekros, Oberon, etc.), and those should come first, but I support the spirit behind the OP's idea.

As for aerial enemies? Use Slash Dash. I've been saying this since day one... "excal is teh sux ur stpd casul" said the MLG babies, whereupon I auto-targeted 4 aerial enemies with a single Slash Dash, after they'd spent about 10 seconds trying to shoot them down. Didn't even have to try. I swear, people are blinded by ults. Channeling doesn't interfere with Excal's EB spam. I know because I have a channeling EB build. Rage + r1 Life Strike + Focus Energy. There. With those mods, the OP's suggestion has now improved your Excal's damage output at a trivial cost. If you still find channeling to be a hindrance, because you can't be bothered to toggle it as needed, then tailor a weapon exclusively for Excal.

If I may make an alternate suggestion, OP, rather than increasing the blade's damage, give it x3 multi-hit at full damage. Y'know, whenever the multi-hit feature actually rolls out. This would discourage striking with the blade while channeling, and give you a real reason to switch between channeled wave shots and direct hits, which would be substantially more powerful than the waves. But if you need that momentary kick in damage, you can channel for a couple melee hits to wreck a bombard.

Looks like someone hasn't used Excal outside Mercury. Try channelling a wave against a decent sized crowd.

Edited by Dragazer

GG wp forums, despite the fact that new melee mods have been released which close the gap between normal melees and abilties like EB, ppl still wanna cry for a nerf.

Looks like someone hasn't used Excal outside Mercury. Try channelling a wave against a decent sized crowd.

I have. In T4. With r10 Blind Rage and Life Strike. The energy drain is greatly exaggerated. If you're sucking down massive amounts of energy, then you're not properly mitigating channeling costs.

Edit: I've actually been researching the melee mods from the event, and I'd say "close the gap" is a bit of an understatement. Unless my math is wrong, Blood Rush enables red crit on melee weapons with 25% or higher crit rate at x2 combo multiplier...? That's #*($%%@ up. I love it. The Slash Dash aug instantly gives you red crit, and the combo extension mod lets you keep it for 11 whole seconds between hits.

In that case, maybe don't relegate the wave to channeling, but instead buff the blade. I just really dislike relying so much on the wave, but not doing that is cheating yourself with Excal as he is.

Edited by (PS4)BlitzKeir

You know what would be cool?

Making Excalibur's Exalted Blade have a stance slot like function that you could add augment-like mods to, and they would focus on either his blades or his sword. SO you could have builds that focus on making powerful and fast waves at the expense of his sword damage, or have builds that focus on a really powerful sword that can make a really powerful but really slow wave with charge attacks.

So you can pick what you want to make of the frame. Feel like being a proper swordsman? Take the sword mod. Feel like making waves (oh the puns)? Pick the wave one.

Sounds good to me.

When you activate an Ultimate ability (#4), you create an entirely different weapon AND stance that uses the appropriate equipped Mods for its Weapon-type.

(i.e. Exalted Blade / Hysteria / Primal Fury use Melee Mods, Mesa's Regulator Pistols use Pistol Mods, and Ivara's Artemis Bow uses Rifle Mods)

This is the datamined information for Excalibur's Exalted Blade:

EXCALIBUR'S EXALTED BLADE

Attack Speed: 0.833
Physical Damage: 35
Impact: 5.25
Puncture: 5.25
Slash: 24.5
Critical Chance: 15.00%
Critical Multiplier: 2.0x
Status Chance: 15.00%

The stance that it possesses already effects Exalted Blade in ways we have yet to understand. It scales higher than Valkyr's Hysteria as the content level progresses, and it's the main reason that Excalibur holds one of the best records for longest solo time in T4 Survival. 

I can understand adding an Augment for "Exalted Weapons," changing how your #4 functions, but replacing the Stance your #4s already possess is a bad idea, especially when we still don't understand how they effect our abilities. By its base stats, the Exalted Blade theoretically shouldn't be able to hit for hundreds of thousands, or even millions of points in damage, but its clearly capable of doing just that.

When you activate an Ultimate ability (#4), you create an entirely different weapon AND stance that uses the appropriate equipped Mods for its Weapon-type.

(i.e. Exalted Blade / Hysteria / Primal Fury use Melee Mods, Mesa's Regulator Pistols use Pistol Mods, and Ivara's Artemis Bow uses Rifle Mods)

This is the datamined information for Excalibur's Exalted Blade:

The stance that it possesses already effects Exalted Blade in ways we have yet to understand. It scales higher than Valkyr's Hysteria as the content level progresses, and it's the main reason that Excalibur holds one of the best records for longest solo time in T4 Survival. 

I can understand adding an Augment for "Exalted Weapons," changing how your #4 functions, but replacing the Stance your #4s already possess is a bad idea, especially when we still don't understand how they effect our abilities. By its base stats, the Exalted Blade theoretically shouldn't be able to hit for hundreds of thousands, or even millions of points in damage, but its clearly capable of doing just that.

Interesting information, I didn't know that. Do you feel that each slash should create a wave? If not then how would you go about implementing an energy wave?

Edit: I've actually been researching the melee mods from the event, and I'd say "close the gap" is a bit of an understatement. Unless my math is wrong, Blood Rush enables red crit on melee weapons with 25% or higher crit rate at x2 combo multiplier...? That's #*($%%@ up. I love it. The Slash Dash aug instantly gives you red crit, and the combo extension mod lets you keep it for 11 whole seconds between hits.

In that case, maybe don't relegate the wave to channeling, but instead buff the blade. I just really dislike relying so much on the wave, but not doing that is cheating yourself with Excal as he is.

If you remove the Wave from Exalted Blade, then you've literally just made a worse Valkyr. 

VALKYR'S HYSTERIA

Attack Speed: 1.5
Physical Damage: 300
Impact: 100
Puncture: 100
Slash: 100
Critical Chance: 50.00%
Status Chance: 0.00%

Compare the "Exalted Weapon" Base Stats, then tell me that removing Excalibur's Blade Wave is a good idea.

Both Frames #1 is a mobility ability.

Excal's #2 and Valkyr's #3 are CC abilities that have potential for Finishers.

Excal's #3 is useless, or at least, has a very limited field of use.

Valkyr's #2 buffs Hysteria and those around her immensely.

Valkyr is invincible in Hysteria, and could Red Crit with Arcane Avenger and True Steel.

Even without Hysteria, she has the single-highest base Armor rating in the game, without abilities or mods.

Without the Waves, Excalibur is inferior in comparison. It's not up for debate. Without his Waves, he would downright lose.

Buffing his Exalted Blades damage is NOT enough. He would need a buff to both his Crit Chance / Status Chance / Attack Speed / Whatever, but buffing solely his damage would do absolutely nothing in comparison.

If you're all going to post theoretical crap that looks good on paper, then you better have something that would actually be effective in use!

If you remove the Wave from Exalted Blade, then you've literally just made a worse Valkyr.

VALKYR'S HYSTERIA

Attack Speed: 1.5

Physical Damage: 300

Impact: 100

Puncture: 100

Slash: 100

Critical Chance: 50.00%

Status Chance: 0.00%

Compare the "Exalted Weapon" Base Stats, then tell me that removing Excalibur's Blade Wave is a good idea.

Both Frames #1 is a mobility ability.

Excal's #2 and Valkyr's #3 are CC abilities that have potential for Finishers.

Excal's #3 is useless, or at least, has a very limited field of use.

Valkyr's #2 buffs Hysteria and those around her immensely.

Valkyr is invincible in Hysteria, and could Red Crit with Arcane Avenger and True Steel.

Even without Hysteria, she has the single-highest base Armor rating in the game, without abilities or mods.

Without the Waves, Excalibur is inferior in comparison. It's not up for debate. Without his Waves, he would downright lose.

Buffing his Exalted Blades damage is NOT enough. He would need a buff to both his Crit Chance / Status Chance / Attack Speed / Whatever, but buffing solely his damage would do absolutely nothing in comparison.

If you're all going to post theoretical crap that looks good on paper, then you better have something that would actually be effective in use!

Precisely!

By the way, you forgot to mention Hysteria comes with innate life steal and a blast around her once she deactivates it.

This is not the first time this has happened already.

Earliest incidence of "perfecting" the frame was on slash dash changes then came radial javelin then came radial blind with exalted blade.

We finally got the boat floating at close to perfection. Please stop trying to "fix it to perfection" and end up capsizing the boat again.

If Excalibur gets hit again, some other used as a comparison such as Valkyr will also get hit eventually to "balance" the game.

I seriously hope we don't go down the path of Nerfframe again because that was one of the reasons why I left this game for a period previously and it is seriously getting annoying.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

If you don't have any progressive ideas on the matter, don't discourage others from trying to a bit more innovative on the matter of Exalted Blade. You act like Warframes are allowed to be changed only once and it's false.

Stop telling people what to use, this is a post for ideas not keeping him the same.

And stop complaining about things that doesn't need changing or result in a nerf. Look at the new mods and the state of Warframe in totality. Melee is now able to red crit and viable as end game.

You remove the waves and slow down his game play. Then what? Why should anyone use a melee range excal over an invincible valk? Or any of the other map clearing ultimates out there?

Excalibur's ultimate without the waves is just melee attacks with a wonky auto parry ability and can be recreated with a few mods on any melee weapon.

If anything all other warframes need to be brought up to his level to have synergy between their skills. No one is whining about the state which excal is in now and even Scott mentioned in his latest devstream that they're intending to elevate Mag to his level.

Ivara and Atlas are also taking a page out of his rework. And judging from the number of negative feedback your post is getting, you can see that the majority of the posters here are generally happy about the current state he is in now. Rather than your not very well thought through suggestions.

Edited by --Q--Ascended-Seraphim

And stop complaining about things that doesn't need changing or result in a nerf. Look at the new mods and the state of Warframe in totality. Melee is now able to red crit and viable as end game.

You remove the waves and slow down his game play. Then what? Why should anyone use a melee range excal over an invincible valk? Or any of the other map clearing ultimates out there?

Excalibur's ultimate without the waves is just melee attacks with a wonky auto parry ability and can be recreated with a few mods on any melee weapon.

If anything all other warframes need to be brought up to his level to have synergy between their skills. No one is whining about the state which excal is in now and even Scott mentioned in his latest devstream that they're intending to elevate Mag to his level.

Ivara and Atlas are also taking a page out of his rework. And judging from the number of negative feedback your post is getting, you can see that the majority of the posters here are generally happy about the current state he is in now. Rather than your not very well thought through suggestions.

"If it ain't Energy Wave spam, it ain't optimal" is the vibe you're giving me. I can't believe people can be so afraid of ideas, it's ridiculous. I don't care how many people cry over the fear of their precious energy wave spam getting reworked. This is a topic of ideas, not prevention.  

Edited by Ameijin-Grey

"If it ain't Energy Wave spam, it ain't optimal" is the vibe you're giving me. I can't believe people can be so afraid of ideas, it's ridiculous. I don't care how many people cry over the fear of their precious energy wave spam getting reworked. This is a topic of ideas, not prevention.  

You have clearly missed the point every single time we've stated it.

If you remove the Wave from Exalted Blade, Excalibur will be inferior to Valkyr. That's not an opinion. It's a fact. She will have beaten him out in every major category, and the gap would only grow with all the new mods coming from the Shadow Debt Event. 

So you want to buff the blade, but remove the wave? That still won't be enough. You could make his damage equal to Valkyrs and buff EB's Status, and he would still fall flat in comparison.

The only thing Excalibur has going for him, that generally sets him apart from Valkyr, is his blade waves.

We're not "afraid of change" or fearful of our "precious energy wave spam" getting revoked. We're afraid of stupid people throwing around ideas that will negatively impact a Frame and nerf him into the Stone Ages again, IMMEDIATELY after his rework, that ACTUALLY balanced him.

You want people to post "positive ideas for reworking Exalted Blade."

WE want realistic ideas that will actually benefit a Frame and that are actually conscious of the issues their dumb ideas would cause.

More importantly, we want Frames that NEED to be reworked, actually get the treatment they so desperately need, instead of debating a completely useless topic.

Edited by (XB1)Austinjt126

I've been in this game 2 years 3 months ahead of you and super jumping around Vor when he was still decked out in his silly teletubby Po outfit with my Excal before he matured into the old fogey he is right now.

Excal is is my 40% most used frame out of the thousands of hours I have in this game and I have to say he has progressed a hell of a lot for the better.

It's not a fear of ideas. It's a fear of the Half-Baked ideas you are suggesting that may result in a nerf.

You want progressiveness? Look at the rest of the frames. Bring them up to his level rather than pulling him down to theirs.

I like the ideas presented by the OP and a few others. Plenty of plus ones I've given out.

I refuse to think of change in terms of nerf/buff. But rather if I'd like it or not. The nerf/buff obsession is...eh, nevermind. I don't want to start a war.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for improving every frame and making their abilities more fun to use / less spammy, but in actuality, when you propose ideas, whether you like it or not, they always make the Frame either more powerful or less powerful. There is rarely an in-between. 

My whole point, is that instead of saying "this ability should be changed, because I don't like how it works," we should be saying, "What are the consequences of my proposed idea / how will this actually effect the Frame in-game."

I've seen countless threads where people offer advice on what they think would be a good idea, but what looks great on paper, doesn't always translate effectively in the gameespecially when you look at the raw stats, and how the ability/Frame/Weapon fairs against other abilities/Frames/Weapons. 

I'm in total agreement.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for improving every frame and making their abilities more fun to use / less spammy, but in actuality, when you propose ideas, whether you like it or not, they always make the Frame either more powerful or less powerful. There is rarely an in-between.

My whole point, is that instead of saying "this ability should be changed, because I don't like how it works," we should be saying, "What are the consequences of my proposed idea / how will this actually effect the Frame in-game."

I've seen countless threads where people offer advice on what they think would be a good idea, but what looks great on paper, doesn't always translate effectively in the game, especially when you look at the raw stats, and how the ability/Frame/Weapon fairs against other abilities/Frames/Weapons.

I think our disagreement is in whether or not what we like impacts other players. Should we care about that though? Shouldn't we just play how we want and like things whatever we want regardless of what others think?

The mentality of play/do what you want is what the majority of the forum commenters seem to have.

Anyways, I don't want to derail this topic so I will stop pushing this. No disrespect at all to you Austin, it was me that led this derailment. Its all good to me if you want to post a counter to what I said, you deserve that.

I think our disagreement is in whether or not what we like impacts other players. Should we care about that though? Shouldn't we just play how we want and like things whatever we want regardless of what others think?

The mentality of play/do what you want is what the majority of the forum commenters seem to have.

Anyways, I don't want to derail this topic so I will stop pushing this. No disrespect at all to you Austin, it was me that led this derailment. Its all good to me if you want to post a counter to what I said, you deserve that.

I wasn't aiming my post at you, or any of the things you've mentioned. A good portion of the things I post are aimed at the conversation in general.

I apologize if anything I've said may have come off as rude, because that's truly not my intent. I'm just tired of seeing thread after thread of everyone offering ideas for things that really don't need to be changed.

For example, when Devs type "Excalibur" into the Forum Search Bar, and see 10 threads in the last week offering ideas to change Exalted Blade, whereas only finding 2 threads in regards to buffing Oberon, you can guess which of the two is going to get looked at, and that's the crux of my entire argument.

I honestly don't remember who mentioned removing the Blade Wave, and it may have seemed like a good idea to remove the ability to spam EB from a corner somewhere, but in use, it would have crippled Excalibur. Like I said, what looks great on paper, doesn't always hold true in practice.

It's great when everyone can have their opinions and/or ideas recognized, but by my book, the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, especially in regards to a game like this.

I would rather make the fanbase happier as a whole, instead of completely altering a Frame/Ability/Weapon, just to appease a select crowd of players.

The only thing I think needs to be changed is more dynamic behavior in the combos of the ultimate. Really, this can be spanned across about anything to do with melee in this game. The big problem with melee being boring, for me at least, is that it really is just an E spam fest. There's all this work put into making these flashy animations for stances in this game, but no real reason to do any of the combos. There's no point to press E in any other way than to just mash it. Most of the time trying to do a combo gets me killed because I end up doing the wrong combo which left me highly open because every function of melee attacking is tied in to one button based on how long you press it. I honestly think there's needs to be at least two different kinds of melee attacks (light / heavy) to have any sort of effective combo system. E-E-E (Hold) E is too finicky to be effective in the heat of combat to worry about doing, rather than just frantically hitting the melee button. The stupid part is that you aren't really even rewarded for choosing to do any different combo than the standard, because in all reality it's just a different more complex animation for what you're already doing with possibility to have a insignificant extra effect like 100% chance to impact proc. It's just not worth the effort. I think it's sad when the most thought provoking thing i have to do in melee is choose when to channel or not to conserve my energy. It's a huge disappointment for what I feel could be really innovative for martial combat in a video game like this.

EB is effective as it is currently, right, we get it. But as someone who mains excal, I do have an opinion that as the current excal meta it's boooooooooooooooring! It's a one-trick-pony that has NOTHING going for it other then brain-dead ease of use. It carries NONE of that "swordmaster" feel Excal is supposed to have. EB, currently is nothing more then a noobtube, a tool with a skill-ceiling lower then the floor! 

Some of you rave on about how "if you remove the wave then EB will be useless!" Who said anything about REMOVING it?! Only that it require some small grain of skill to preform! Limit it to combos and charge attacks, buff up the effects and damage so that when it DOES trigger, it'll be more then worth it. If Excal is supposed to be a master swordsman, make it so! Force the player to make full use of these sword skills by actually learning and using the damn combos! 

Regardless what happens, the result will be the same. Those who want easy nuke-frames will switch to those, citing that he's not MLG enough anymore. And those who actually like the frame, will adapt to the changes. If EB stays the same, at some point some other frame will come out that functionally does what EB does but better and Excal will be sidelined regardless. 

EB is effective as it is currently, right, we get it. But as someone who mains excal, I do have an opinion that as the current excal meta it's boooooooooooooooring as f**k! It's a one-trick-pony that has NOTHING going for it other then brain-dead ease of use. It carries NONE of that "swordmaster" feel Excal is supposed to have. EB, currently is nothing more then a noobtube, a tool with a skill-ceiling lower then the floor!

Some of you rave on about how "if you remove the wave then EB will be useless!" Who said anything about REMOVING it?! Only that it require some small grain of skill to preform! Limit it to combos and charge attacks, buff up the effects and damage so that when it DOES trigger, it'll be more then worth it. If Excal is supposed to be a master swordsman, make it so! Force the player to make full use of these sword skills by actually learning and using the damn combos!

Regardless what happens, the result will be the same. Those who want easy nuke-frames will switch to those, citing that he's not MLG enough anymore. And those who actually like the frame, will adapt to the changes. If EB stays the same, at some point some other frame will come out that functionally does what EB does but better and Excal will be sidelined regardless.

Your post contains logic.

It will probably be ignored by the "excal will be worse than valkyr"-crowd.

+1 from me if I wouldn't be on my cellphone

EB is effective as it is currently, right, we get it. But as someone who mains excal, I do have an opinion that as the current excal meta it's boooooooooooooooring as f**k! It's a one-trick-pony that has NOTHING going for it other then brain-dead ease of use. It carries NONE of that "swordmaster" feel Excal is supposed to have. EB, currently is nothing more then a noobtube, a tool with a skill-ceiling lower then the floor! 

You realize the meta for literally any frame end game is to drop a few pizzas to fill your energy pool to the max and then spam an ability right?

That's not even close to the level of what it used to be like.

I see plenty of people using 3 of his abilities a majority of the time.  The only one I don't see much use of is radial javi's.  There is always going to be an "optimal way" to play.  And that is entirely based around player mentality.  Something you can't and should not try to balance around.  DE is taking the route to make each frames abilities worth using.  You don't have to use most of your abilities all the time.  The point is that they should be worth using.

It's like I say with Valkyr.  Just because you CAN sit in hysteria all the time doesn't mean you HAVE to.  Just because you "can" spam exhalted blade with excalibur doesn't mean you have to.  And if your response is anything along the lines of "why wouldn't I?" with effectiveness or optimization or "the best way to play" shows up at all I'm going to tell you that's your mentality.

Not everyone plays that way.  I sure don't.  And that's not our problem.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Language

You realize the meta for literally any frame end game is to drop a few pizzas to fill your energy pool to the max and then spam an ability right?

That's not even close to the level of what S#&$ used to be like.

I see plenty of people using 3 of his abilities a majority of the time. The only one I don't see much use of is radial javi's. There is always going to be an "optimal way" to play. And that is entirely based around player mentality. Something you can't and should not try to balance around. DE is taking the route to make each frames abilities worth using. You don't have to use most of your abilities all the time. The point is that they should be worth using.

It's like I say with Valkyr. Just because you CAN sit in hysteria all the time doesn't mean you HAVE to. Just because you "can" spam exhalted blade with excalibur doesn't mean you have to. And if your response is anything along the lines of "why wouldn't I?" with effectiveness or optimization or "the best way to play" shows up at all I'm going to tell you that's your mentality.

Not everyone plays that way. I sure as F*** don't. And that's not our problem.

Yes! Seriously, there is nothing stopping any of us from just running up to the enemy and being "swordsmansy" right now, even with the waves.

In fact, it has happened for me since I couldn't kill them fast enough (I couldn't use radial blind either because it was a sortie with energy reduction and I had 75 energy max) and they were right in my face but with the knockdown move, I managed to finisher some of them on the floor and also slide blind some of them before finishing off the rest.

That's not even close to the level of what S#&$ used to be like.

I see plenty of people using 3 of his abilities a majority of the time.  The only one I don't see much use of is radial javi's.  There is always going to be an "optimal way" to play.  And that is entirely based around player mentality.  Something you can't and should not try to balance around.  DE is taking the route to make each frames abilities worth using.  You don't have to use most of your abilities all the time.  The point is that they should be worth using.

It's like I say with Valkyr.  Just because you CAN sit in hysteria all the time doesn't mean you HAVE to.  Just because you "can" spam exhalted blade with excalibur doesn't mean you have to.  And if your response is anything along the lines of "why wouldn't I?" with effectiveness or optimization or "the best way to play" shows up at all I'm going to tell you that's your mentality.

Not everyone plays that way.  I sure as F*** don't.  And that's not our problem.

Reposting for the third time, because everyone continually misses the point being made.

Like I said earlier on, I detest those who spam Exalted Blade just as much as everyone else, but I'm not vying to have EB altered just to stop others from doing that. 

I personally say that there are more important things to be dealt with than tweaking EB immediately after his rework without reason.

Buff the other Frames, come out with new content, and then if Exalted Blade is being abused or isn't "fair" in some way, then we can return to it, and discuss how to fix it, but right now, it's not an issue.