Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival: Either Make Drops Higher, Or Make Nekros Survivable.

Gigaus

Because I'm sick of running any high level survival, and either being or watching a Nekros get 1-shot every few seconds, and have to go get their &#! up. Or not even being able to get through more than 10 minutes sometimes because the couple hundred enemies we all killed dropped maybe 20 packs. Survival isn't fun, it isn't. The drops are still too low that to get anything significant or to complete sortie Survival you either need to bring a Nekros that hides in a corner, literally, or....Not do it at all. Those still are the only options.

If not that, buff Nekros' defensive stats so he's viable at higher levels, and isn't going down every other second. I'm not kidding on this, I ended up running the Sortie with my friends both as Nekros and with someone else who had him, and we couldn't do anything because we were dying so much. Meanwhile, Rhino is fine, Val is of course fine, Frost and Chroma could give two S#&$s, and any other frame can work long range without having to get close to the enemy. Or just go invisible. 

I get that you guys abandoned the idea of trying to balance the game, and make it challenging without completely breaking the game, and I get why you did...But for fk sake, at least take a look at your game and make SOME parts reasonable. 

I don´t know what or how you are playing but I have no problems going to 60min without a Nekros, maybe except infested survival, cause they really drop almost nothing.

And regarding Nekros. He has some good survivability if you use at least your 2, 3 and 4.

Well today was infested survival. And he has sustained survivability-- you can heal him, if he's still alive. But if he's getting 1-shot, there's little that can be done. The only surviability I've seen on him is the augment for his 4, and that's assuming you get your hands one it. At best, his health is 860, shields are 774, and armor is 165, without throwing Phys. aura in there. Critical point there, 165 armor is enough for a 35% damage reduction. That's still not enough at high levels.

He's got good survivability for standard levels, after 50 and above I generally don't see Nekros moving around for fear of geting hit by a stray bullet. 

Put Quick Thinking + Primed Flow on your Nekros.

Next.

btw, I solo'd today's sortie survival and there was no Nekros involved.

Frame? I've seen plenty of people solo survival with melee power frames in terms of surviving, but even even the best players out there can't help bad spawns and low drop rates. Just because you did it doesn't mean that there isn't a problem.

Also, could we all not assume people have 'primed' mods? I've brought up problems that some of my newer clan members, or just normal players have, and that 'solution' is mods that can't be obtained on demand. Not everyone is playing constantly, especially with how downhill the game is going. 

And further also, in regards to today's sortie, energy reduction and high damage. Even with Primed Flow, you're not going to get much energy...and most infested at that level are doing in the hundreds to thousands of damage. Quick Thinking would absorb one blow. 

Lol hide in a corner for Sortie Survival? Either you or the others are playing it wrong, I run around exploring because I get bored. Today's one was hilariously easy for example.

Again, frame? Anyone can 'run around' when they're using val or chroma. 

you keep forgetting in your 4 step illustration of surviving with nekros that orb drops are not balanced and you get more health orbs than energy orbs  when using nekros and you will eventually run out of it. so  your 1-4 wont help because range= no survivability cant terrify without energy, cant desecrate without energy and 4 youre dead.

Edited by ranks21

Frame? I've seen plenty of people solo survival with melee power frames in terms of surviving, but even even the best players out there can't help bad spawns and low drop rates. Just because you did it doesn't mean that there isn't a problem.

Also, could we all not assume people have 'primed' mods? I've brought up problems that some of my newer clan members, or just normal players have, and that 'solution' is mods that can't be obtained on demand. Not everyone is playing constantly, especially with how downhill the game is going. 

And further also, in regards to today's sortie, energy reduction and high damage. Even with Primed Flow, you're not going to get much energy...and most infested at that level are doing in the hundreds to thousands of damage. Quick Thinking would absorb one blow. 

Valkyr obviously. You said there's no other option besides depending on a Nekros but I was getting so many life support drops it was ridiculous... because Valkyr kills stuff so fast. You can't get unlucky with the drops when you're killing stuff that fast.

However, I think Excalibur actually would be a better choice because when the Ancient Disruptors started spawning I started having problems. But in the end Valkyr was strong enough.

It's really all about having the damage output. You just need things to die really fast so you get enough life support drops.

And BTW yes, today's sortie was a little tricky due to the energy. One of the frames I tried was Nekros because I wanted to use his ultimate, since they get boosted stats over the base mob. But unfortunately, Nekros doesn't have enough energy to cast his ult when his energy pool is reduced by that much. It isn't a problem for Valkyr or Excalibur though because the energy drops are plentiful with how many mobs spawn.

Edited by Inmemoratus

you keep forgetting in your 4 step illustration of surviving with nekros that orb drops are not balanced and you get more health orbs than energy orbs  when using nekros and you will eventually run out of it. so  your 1-4 wont help because range= no survivability cant terrify without energy, cant desecrate without energy and 4 youre dead.

wtf kinda wack Nekros doesn't use Equilibrium?

The better question is what kind of person running an energy reliant frame, like Nekros, doesn't run Zenurik to keep the energy going?

That too.

But today's survival sortie was energy reduction which reduces energy and energy regen by 75%, so the Zenurik passive is only 1 per second. But yeah when I tried my Nekros the problem was literally having too small of a pool to even cast his ult, so I had no damage. Zenurik being cut by 75% is still manageable I guess.

Edited by Inmemoratus

I run a few nekros builds, efficiency is a must in all, flow can be forgotten for 1 and 3 but I'd still recommend it for 3

Desecrate/Despoil(optional, but ideal): redirection + vitality I can even afford to put vigor or some armor

Shadow of the dead (ideally with the augment): Duration, strength and add defensive mods(PS MOVE, don't camp with this one)

Generic all around: no negative stat redirection only, can spam 2 to live.

I could put up the entire builds but I'm about to go to sleep and I just don't have enough in me to do so.

Basically, if a nekros dies so much, or anyone at that it's a problem in their way of playing or in the build.

I rarely have a problem going over an hour in(After 1 hour air drops can litterally stop, so annoying), also Nekros lives perfectly well if you use other abilities(like SotD with sheild augement) and he isn't required for survivals, no frame is for that matter, a group of good people can choose their favorite frame and run for around an hour and a half if they know what they are doing

Well today was infested survival. And he has sustained survivability-- you can heal him, if he's still alive. But if he's getting 1-shot, there's little that can be done. The only surviability I've seen on him is the augment for his 4, and that's assuming you get your hands one it. At best, his health is 860, shields are 774, and armor is 165, without throwing Phys. aura in there. Critical point there, 165 armor is enough for a 35% damage reduction. That's still not enough at high levels.

He's got good survivability for standard levels, after 50 and above I generally don't see Nekros moving around for fear of geting hit by a stray bullet.

Again, frame? Anyone can 'run around' when they're using val or chroma.

I used a Nova. Pretty sure I could use most frames and be fine, I've done them with Ember, Loki, Nova, Valkyr, Frost, Nyx etc. If you need a Nekros to survive you need to either change your build or change your tactics.

I don´t know what or how you are playing but I have no problems going to 60min without a Nekros, maybe except infested survival, cause they really drop almost nothing.

And regarding Nekros. He has some good survivability if you use at least your 2, 3 and 4.

^ this

and... I can also solo infested even easier. just go full range atterax :p