Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are The Venka So Slow?

(PSN)Dark-TailedFox

Isn't it a light metal weapon? The aesthetics of it would have you think it would be up there in terms of speed, but its so slow and clunky without Berserker on top of a pretty shameless critical rate.

Why is it the Mios, Dex Dakra, and Kronen (all bigger weapons that require swinging however much metal and meat) are all faster than this thing? It's slower than its own category (self imposed category for worn weaponry) of fist weapons (tekko, kogake, obex, etc) for no real reason that I can see either.

"Attack Speed" listed on a weapon is only half the equation. Each type of melee weapon -- dagger, longsword, hammer, claws, etc. -- have a global attack speed, and that's multiplied by the weapon's Attack Speed for the final speed

Also, Claws, Fists, and Brass Knuckles (aka "Sparring") are COMPLETELY different weapon classes. Venka are not Tekko

With that in mind, the actual answer:

Venka are actually the fastest claws, it's just that claws as a whole are medium-low weapons while hookwhips, tonfas, and dual swords are medium-medium speed

Edited by TARINunit9

If the Venka feels too slow for you, maybe you should try getting Vermilion Storm, as it has very fast multi-hit combos that also helps with building up your Berserker.

It's also an unfinished and broken stance with no multipliers and an incredibly clunky feel.

It's also an unfinished and broken stance with no multipliers and an incredibly clunky feel.

Personally, it only feels clunky when its not buffed by Warcry or Berserker, only without those 2 is when its felt super clunky to me. But then again I guess that could be said with any weapon stance.

If the Venka feels too slow for you, maybe you should try getting Vermilion Storm, as it has very fast multi-hit combos that also helps with building up your Berserker.

I use Vermillion Storm with them already, but 15% (or 24% with true steel) critical doesn't trigger as often as say, Tekko's 30% base (how much difference 6% makes) so criticals don't come that often without forcing triggers via Hysteria.

I have Fury and Berserker on mine and they get pretty fast with both. Venka is viable for Berserker because a lot of attacks hit several times (I'm using Malicious Raptor). Try starting with a Slam Attack (ragdoll) & Ground Finisher to get going. If it were more it might get difficult to execute all the combos.

Yes, damage falls off quite noticably compared to newer weapons. Venka Prime when? ;)

Edited by Kontrollo

I use Vermillion Storm with them already, but 15% (or 24% with true steel) critical doesn't trigger as often as say, Tekko's 30% base (how much difference 6% makes) so criticals don't come that often without forcing triggers via Hysteria.

Tekko has the highest critical chance of all melee weapons, so it might be the most berkerker-viable weapon in the game. There's also very few melee weapons with 25% critical chance, so 15% is definitely enough for Berserker in my opinion, specially with a fast stance. 

A better question would be: why are the Scindo Primes faster? And why do i need to wait 12 hours to hold two weapons at the same time? And why can't I craft multiple puzzle pieces (forma) at the same time when my foundry can clearly craft all frames and weapons at the same time? Logic rules! XD

Four Riders, use Body Count and Blood Rush + Berserker and you should get some results. I do agree though at 37 damage even those mods will not make the Venka competitive vs other melee choices. It needs either more base damage or a 3x crit multiplier.