Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De You Really Screwed Over The Small Clans In This Event With The 100 Mission Trophy

Troll_Logic

DE, this is REALLY bad.

This is even worse than I thought below.

A single player clan player has to go A HUNDRED WAVES for the trophy.  A HUNDRED.  WTF DE.

A two player clan has to have both players go FIFTY waves each.  Or FORTY and SIXTY.

Damn DE.  What were you thinking?

This is by no means fair in any way.

EDIT ABOVE

If a small clan had 5 to 10 members, the 100 mission gold trophy wasn't that big of a deal.

But solo clans?  Or clans with 2 or 3 players?  You really screwed them over for the gold trophy.

Also not letting the 3 days Misery missions count was pouring salt on an open wound.

I understand having trophies scale, but please don't unfair set goals.

Edited by Troll_Logic

This has been the most fair, and lenient, trophy system for an Event thus far.

Agreed, assuming you have max players it's only 10 waves per member. 

Given that the waves cleared appears to be the total you clear and not just how many you do in one sitting. I see no issue.

Still only 10 waves per member. It's designed for clans to get together and do something as a group, if you don't want at least 10 members in your clan then that's not really DE's fault is it.

Edited by DeMonkey

Clans, and Event trophies, have always been a group endeavor.

Maybe in your opinion.  But in the example I provided, most certainly not. The two trophies in my dojo lend support to my argument, not yours.

Given that the waves cleared appears to be the total you clear and not just how many you do in one sitting. I see no issue.

It's 100 missions.  Not waves.

So solo clans had to do 100 missions.

Two players clans had to do 50 missions each.

Missions, not waves.

Edited by Troll_Logic

It's 100 missions.  Not waves.

So solo clans had to do 100 missions.

Two players clans had to do 50 missions each.

Missions, not waves.

Source?

Because I see no reason that the announcement page would lie.

CLAN TROPHY REWARDS: 

Clan Rewards: All participating Clans will receive an event trophy for their attempts on the bonus final challenger mission. The following table lays out which Trophy your clan will earn depending on the Sum of all participating Members best Wave.

Source?

Because I see no reason that the announcement page would lie.

CLAN TROPHY REWARDS: 

Clan Rewards: All participating Clans will receive an event trophy for their attempts on the bonus final challenger mission. The following table lays out which Trophy your clan will earn depending on the Sum of all participating Members best Wave.

DUDE!!!!!!   You're right.  I misread the wiki.

Thanks for letting me know.  I thought I was stuck with a crappy trophy before.

Nope.  This REALLY BLOWS.  It's the sum of the best waves of the clan members.

So a single player clan member has to go 100 waves.

A two player clan has to have each player go 50 waves.

This is total BS!!!

Edited by Troll_Logic

DUDE!!!!!!   You're right.  I misread the wiki.

Thanks for letting me know.  I thought I was stuck with a crappy trophy before.

You'll just have to get really lucky with your matches, I was wrong about it not being in one sitting (I thought it was because I got the skin after quitting a couple of missions that weren't going well), but yeah, you'll certainly be able to get a trophy.

Maybe in your opinion.  But in the example I provided, most certainly not. 

Not really, no. Just in general.

False Profit required you have many active members in your respective Clan tier who get a high score, and the total Clan score must be the highest out of every other Clan in your Clan tier.

Eyes of Blight required much the same thing.

Again with Gate Crash and so on and so forth.

There has only ever been 1 Gold trophy requiring the best of the best in terms of scoring. Now, it is any Clan that can meet the requirement.

Imo, this is the most fair clan tier achievement. If you can't achieve this in your opinion then don't try to, is my advice. If it were to be 10 i.e. Then it would be very much unfair again in the advantage of the bigger clans, those that run smoothly with their active members, for they would achieve this way to easily.

If you are competitive, this would not be an issue. Remember it's a gold trophy, gold stands for the best of achievements or reaching #Nr.1.

If it was easier, it would have been silver or bronze.

Wait, all I have to do i 10x10 waves of p42w with Ash in 3 days and I will get an exclusive trophy for my solo clan?

If you are alone you will have to do 100 waves in one run. The waves are calculated with the maximum of each member in the clan.

if you have 10 clan members each one only has to do 10waves in one run to get the highest trophy. 2 members, 50waves each and so on.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

Wait, all I have to do i 10x10 waves of p42w with Ash in 3 days and I will get an exclusive trophy for my solo clan?

The text says that it will add up the highest wave achieved from all the clan members. So with 10 members each one has to reach wave 10, with 1 you have to reach wave 100.

Hm, I thought you just had to complete 100 waves total among all your clan members with the way that counter was going.  Well, so much for getting that trophy.  All my clan members abandoned me long ago.  I'd join a different clan, but then I'd lose hundreds of hours of work on my dojo...

If you are alone you will have to do 100 waves in one run. The waves are calculated with the maximum of each member in the clan.

if you have 10 clan members each one only has to do 10waves in one run to get the highest trophy. 2 members, 50waves each and so on.

It's cumulative. 

It's cumulative. 

Only for the skin counter. if you check the leaderboards you can see what your clan has and it only counts the maximum waves the players did individually in one run. aka, doing 2 separate 20 wave runs will still only count as 20 for that one player.

Nope.  You won't even get a trophy.

Only for the skin counter. if you check the leaderboards you can see what your clan has and it only counts the maximum waves the players did individually in one run. aka, doing 2 separate 20 wave runs will still only count as 20 for that one player.

Yup.  You're right.  This really sucks DE.

That's their fault for not recruiting more players, not DE

Clans, and Event trophies, have always been a group endeavor.

Still only 10 waves per member. It's designed for clans to get together and do something as a group, if you don't want at least 10 members in your clan then that's not really DE's fault is it.

Nope.  I understand your points, but they don't equate.

Say there is a clan with 10 players.  Each player has to go 10 waves.  So that's 10 missions.  Killing level enemies that are scaling from wave 1 to wave 10.

Now there is a clan with one player.  That player has to go 100 waves.  In one mission.  Killing enemies that scale from wave 1 to wave 100.

That is is no way comparable.

Say there is a clan with 10 players.  Each player has to go 10 waves.  So that's 10 missions.  Killing level enemies that are scaling from wave 1 to wave 10.

Now there is a clan with one player.  That player has to go 100 waves.  In one mission.  Killing enemies that scale from wave 1 to wave 100.

I fail to see how that's DE's problem though? It's your choice to have such a small clan.

Except, and I'm not sure if you're seeing this, a one-man Clan getting an Event trophy was entirely impossible. It is now possible, just really difficult.

The Clan community aspect of topping the leaderboards is still there, just that the tiers of Gold, Silver, and Bronze trophies have had their brackets significantly expanded.

The only way to scale these rewards to cater to lower populated Clans would eliminate further the community aspects of Clans. This, to me, would make absolutely no sense to do. These are Clan rewards, not single player rewards.

It's not DE's fault, it's your own for having such a small clan.

DE ensures that everything is fair when it comes to these events.

They had to after the feedback they got about one of the first couple events to come out in which it only favored players who had nothing but time to spend on the game.

Now everything is clan oriented and the time is shared between everyone in the clan. 2-3 players isn't a clan, that's just a squad of players.

I'd suggest you find a couple more players instead of making a big deal about it.

Except, and I'm not sure if you're seeing this, a one-man Clan getting an Event trophy was entirely impossible. It is now possible, just really difficult.

The Clan community aspect of topping the leaderboards is still there, just that the tiers of Gold, Silver, and Bronze trophies have had their brackets significantly expanded.

I've got two trophies in my clan that disagree with you.

Anyway, you're missing the point.  You're thinking "Well, just get a bigger clan."  But that doesn't equate to the trophy.

It's like this.  You go to a shooting range.  There are trophies there.  The gold trophy is 10 hits anywhere on 10 targets.  But the contest is with one shot.  So you can have ten players shoot once or have one player shoot once.  The ten players don't even have to be that good.  They could be terrible players.  But they just have to shoot once.  While the single player has to hit every target with a single shot.

Just for a second, stop thinking "So just get more players."  Just look at the contest.  Think about what is actually is.  It isn't some test of skill.  Or determination. Or even equipment.  It's just numbers.  Add the total amount of small missions.  Is that really an achievement?

And since it is just numbers not skill, it isn't fair.  It screws over the smaller clans.

The only way to scale these rewards to cater to lower populated Clans would eliminate further the community aspects of Clans. This, to me, would make absolutely no sense to do. These are Clan rewards, not single player rewards.

Wrong.  A ten player clan has to average ten waves for each player right?  Ten players playing ten waves each.

So just keep it that way.  A single player clan has to accumulate 100 waves.  A two player clan has to accumulate 100 waves.

The ten player clan isn't doing anything special.  As a matter of fact, they are doing a minimum.  If each of them get the skin by playing just 2 sets of 10 wave missions, the clan gets the trophy as well.

So how is it fair that a ten player clan can simply play 5 wave missions and get the gold trophy but a single player clan has to go a hundred waves in a single mission?
Edited by Troll_Logic