Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De You Really Screwed Over The Small Clans In This Event With The 100 Mission Trophy

Troll_Logic

I've got two trophies in my clan that disagree with you.

Anyway, you're missing the point.  You're thinking "Well, just get a bigger clan."  But that doesn't equate to the trophy.

It's like this.  You go to a shooting range.  There are trophies there.  The gold trophy is 10 hits anywhere on 10 targets.  But the contest is with one shot.  So you can have ten players shoot once or have one player shoot once.  The ten players don't even have to be that good.  They could be terrible players.  But they just have to shoot once.  While the single player has to hit every target with a single shot.

Just for a second, stop thinking "So just get more players."  Just look at the contest.  Think about what is actually is.  It isn't some test of skill.  Or determination. Or even equipment.  It's just numbers.  Add the total amount of small missions.  Is that really an achievement?

And since it is just numbers not skill, it isn't fair.  It screws over the smaller clans.

I never said to 'get more players', it is never what I thought. My thought is that these rewards are not meant for solo/ extremely low populated Clans and I don't think they should be treated as such.

Every other event has always been "just numbers". It is now "just numbers with wiggle room". I see no issue with this.

I've got two trophies in my clan that disagree with you.

Anyway, you're missing the point.  You're thinking "Well, just get a bigger clan."  But that doesn't equate to the trophy.

It's like this.  You go to a shooting range.  There are trophies there.  The gold trophy is 10 hits anywhere on 10 targets.  But the contest is with one shot.  So you can have ten players shoot once or have one player shoot once.  The ten players don't even have to be that good.  They could be terrible players.  But they just have to shoot once.  While the single player has to hit every target with a single shot.

Just for a second, stop thinking "So just get more players."  Just look at the contest.  Think about what is actually is.  It isn't some test of skill.  Or determination. Or even equipment.  It's just numbers.  Add the total amount of small missions.  Is that really an achievement?

And since it is just numbers not skill, it isn't fair.  It screws over the smaller clans.

So what you want is for a clan with one skilled person to be just as good as a clan with 10 good people who are all active? 

The trophies are designed to get clans to cooperate, not for one good person's e-peen.

1-3 people isn't a ''smaller clan'', that's not even enough to fill a squad.

So what you want is for a clan with one skilled person to be just as good as a clan with 10 good people who are all active? 

The trophies are designed to get clans to cooperate, not for one good person's e-peen.

1-3 people isn't a ''smaller clan'', that's not even enough to fill a squad.

No.  What I'm asking for is equivalence.

Gold trophy requirements.

10 person clan

Each player goes 10 waves

Each player kills enemies in difficulty from wave 1 to wave 10

1 person clan

One player goes 100 waves in a single game

One player kills enemies in difficulty from wave 1 to wave 100

Does that sound fair?

The clan DOES NOT need to cooperate.  The waves are cumulative and do not require clan participation.  So each of those players that are in the clan can play PUBLIC games with other players that aren't in the clan and those missions still count.  So clan participation isn't a requirement.

This has nothing to do with e-peen.  It has everything to do with fairness.

I never said to 'get more players', it is never what I thought. My thought is that these rewards are not meant for solo/ extremely low populated Clans and I don't think they should be treated as such.

Every other event has always been "just numbers". It is now "just numbers with wiggle room". I see no issue with this.

Check my reply.  You quoted what I replied to another person.  I quoted you and replied under that.

What do you mean by "just numbers with wiggle room?"

This has nothing to do with e-peen.  It has everything to do with fairness.

Fairness is an outdated concept, hardly anything in life is 'fair'.

And yes, it does force participation, not necessarily with each other but its something that the whole clan gets involved in.

What would your solution be? Give you a special gold trophy for going 10 waves? Create a whole new clan tier called 'not really a clan' for people who only have 2 members?

It's not a you trophy, it's a clan trophy, your clan is Ghost and therefore you have to do the number of waves that is deemed reasonable for a ghost clan. The fact that you don't have the members is your business, not DE's.

Fairness is an outdated concept, hardly anything in life is 'fair'.

First of all, this is a game.  Not life.  So no reason to use that old saw.

And yes, it does force participation, not necessarily with each other but its something that the whole clan gets involved in.

It doesn't force participation.  The whole clan doesn't need to get involved.  As a matter of fact, the trophy doesn't even require TWO clan members to do ANYTHING together.  Nothing at all.

What would your solution be? Give you a special gold trophy for going 10 waves? Create a whole new clan tier called 'not really a clan' for people who only have 2 members?

Nope.  The clan requirement is 100 waves.  So keep it at 100 waves.  Make the total clan waves cumulative, not just a single mission.

BTW, we were having a really nice back and forth discussion.  Please don't turn into a smartass.

It's not a you trophy, it's a clan trophy, your clan is Ghost and therefore you have to do the number of waves that is deemed reasonable for a ghost clan. The fact that you don't have the members is your business, not DE's.

Exactly.  Clan trophy.  100 waves.  

You keep thinking that I am complaining about the number of waves.  I've not.  Keep it at 100.

Exactly.  Clan trophy.  100 waves.  

You keep thinking that I am complaining about the number of waves.  I've not.  Keep it at 100.

That could actually work, not sure I'd vote on it myself as any potential clan participation aspect would be eliminated, for example I'll have done my entire Shadow Clan's quota for the Gold by the end of the 3 days whilst they farm Draco and get a lovely Gold Trophy.

Eh, I prefer it the way it is and actually seeing my clan working together, but I wouldn't care that much if it was changed to your suggestion.

Edited by DeMonkey

I honestly think it's working just fine as it is, but adding a accumulative option wouldn't really hurt that much either. say something like 500 accumulated waves. you know, so that you actually have to do some hard work for it if you don't have the right gear to actually do a 100wave run.

I'm in a 2 man clan myself and I don't really mind the way it is anyway.

what was more important to me was that I had fun during the event, which I did.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

I can understand were the OP is coming from... I have one other person in my clan but I am not sure whether he is doing the event at all, hopefully he will sign on.

My issue is not with doing the 100 waves in one go my issue is with Misery being such a bullet sponge. I went to wave 50 and it took a long time to put the guy down, that was with 4 CP's on and a maxed out v.hek and the rest of my team. I was thinking what on earth would he be like on the higher levels. The team that are on the leaderboards now have spent 3+ hours getting to wave 95.

I honestly think that you would have to have a team with all the previous damage type event mods and primed chamber to be able to complete the mission within a reasonable time frame. The wiki doesn't even list his weaknesses.

The wiki doesn't even list his weaknesses.

Here

miseryy.png

You can scan him and get his stats. =]

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

trophy = what exactly...

Epeen. That's it.

Sorry.  That's lazy and knee-jerk thinking.  Unless you think every sigil, trophy, and badge awarded in the game is nothing but epeen as well.  If that's the case, then why does DE create them?

It's a goal.  A goal that is trivially easy for clans with more than 5 members, even when they work completely independent from each other, yet close to impossible for single or two player clans.

Sorry.  That's lazy and knee-jerk thinking.  Unless you think every sigil, trophy, and badge awarded in the game is nothing but epeen as well.  If that's the case, then why does DE create them?

It's a goal.  A goal that is trivially easy for clans with more than 5 members, even when they work completely independent from each other, yet close to impossible for single or two player clans.

Nothing lazy or knee jerky about calling it like it is.

it's all epeen, badges, sigls, trophies = epeen.

Honestly, I think you're making a big deal out of nothing. These are clan rewards, for working as a clan to reach tha goal, not personal ones. That would be the badges and sigils.

So if I understand the Troll Logic properly : I am a solo player in a single man clan, therefore I deserve to get my gold trophy at only 5 - 10 waves

Give a me a break.

Not even a little bit.  Maybe read the thread before assuming?  At no point did I say that a single player clan should get the gold trophy at 10 waves.

What I did say "Nope.  The clan requirement is 100 waves.  So keep it at 100 waves.  Make the total clan waves cumulative, not just a single mission." https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/603175-de-you-really-screwed-over-the-small-clans-in-this-event-with-the-100-mission-trophy/page-2#entry6816025

My point is even SPELLED OUT in the THIRD sentence "A single player clan player has to go A HUNDRED WAVES for the trophy.  A HUNDRED.  WTF DE."

Edited by Troll_Logic